Jack and Barbara

McCain predicts Iraq war over by 2013

90 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Great - the WW2 comparison gets wheeled out again.

How "B" Movie can you get.

That's all? Please. ^_^

This thread is getting tired anyways. ;)

This thread is getting tired? This topic has been discussed to death on here over the last 5 years.

The chestbeating is rather tiresome.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

That's all? Please. ^_^

This thread is getting tired anyways. ;)

This thread is getting tired? This topic has been discussed to death on here over the last 5 years.

The chestbeating is rather tiresome.

grumble rumble. (prepares best Tarzan) yeah Aaaaooufff (out of air):tazanbeatingchestsmilie: GAME OVER KO :dead:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Yeah I know, WW2 has no lessons to teach us at all. Lets just forget it happened.

If anything it should teach us the dangers of making outrageous, silly and irrelevant comparisons.

Don't you get tired of Hitler, Stalin and Che Guevara being trotted out to describe what are essentially mainstream career politicians?

In short, any discussion of this topic would benefit by cutting out the melodrama.

Yeah I know, WW2 has no lessons to teach us at all. Lets just forget it happened.

If anything it should teach us the dangers of making outrageous, silly and irrelevant comparisons.

Don't you get tired of Hitler, Stalin and Che Guevara being trotted out to describe what are essentially mainstream career politicians?

In short, any discussion of this topic would benefit by cutting out the melodrama.

The comparisons were not silly, outrageous or irrelevant. They are a direct lesson that can be applied to today. And no, I am not tired of the tyrants being trotted out. They serve as a reminder of what happens when we seek to appease rather than win.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

HUH?

If it was victory, according to the analogies of power, then all you have to do is drop a nuke or two in the Middle East. Problem solved ironically.

Anyway, this is running on empty on the latest excuse of several that have been shown rather easily to have been unrelated to anything postured in reality, save perhaps the truth that a lie is a lie and Americans are not stupid enough to swallow Bush's lies anymore.

In my opinion any withdrawal from Iraq will not be an overnight event, and Iraquis will have the power to either shape up their democracy or hand it back to the Baath Party as it was before the Illegal war even started. As we are shifting our focus from military occupation to diplomatic support to ally nation. Then again, that is just my opinion and perhaps Gary is completely right in thinking that Obama will do exactly as the Republicans say he will, beyond anything Obama has actually said, which again, is more political BS during a campaign cycle.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Timeline

The comparisons were not silly, outrageous or irrelevant. They are a direct lesson that can be applied to today. And no, I am not tired of the tyrants being trotted out. They serve as a reminder of what happens when we seek to appease rather than win.

A direct lesson - how exactly...? The political dimensions here are totally different.

I remember the old chestnut about Saddam being a comparable threat to Hitler being trotted out not so long ago. The uncharismatic leader of a minority secular/communist party in the middle of a region dominated by the ultra-religious. Yep that totally sounds the same, doesn't it... :rolleyes:

A direct lesson - how exactly...? The political dimensions here are totally different.

I remember the old chestnut about Saddam being a comparable threat to Hitler being trotted out not so long ago. The uncharismatic leader of a minority secular/communist party in the middle of a region dominated by the ultra-religious. Yep that totally sounds the same, doesn't it... :rolleyes:

If your not clever enough to see the similarities then I don't know what to tell you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
HUH?

If it was victory, according to the analogies of power, then all you have to do is drop a nuke or two in the Middle East. Problem solved ironically.

Anyway, this is running on empty on the latest excuse of several that have been shown rather easily to have been unrelated to anything postured in reality, save perhaps the truth that a lie is a lie and Americans are not stupid enough to swallow Bush's lies anymore.

In my opinion any withdrawal from Iraq will not be an overnight event, and Iraquis will have the power to either shape up their democracy or hand it back to the Baath Party as it was before the Illegal war even started. As we are shifting our focus from military occupation to diplomatic support to ally nation. Then again, that is just my opinion and perhaps Gary is completely right in thinking that Obama will do exactly as the Republicans say he will, beyond anything Obama has actually said, which again, is more political BS during a campaign cycle.

i don't recall germany being defeated by a nuke :hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

If your not clever enough to see the similarities then I don't know what to tell you.

Similarities so general as to be worthless in this specific context - other than as a means of chestbeating the righteousness of this particular cause, of course.

I get why you're doing it - I just don't agree with it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
HUH?

Ask the Japanese.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
HUH?

Ask the Japanese.

obviously, but they were just one of 3 in that fiasco.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

We should have just minded our own business when Hitler invaded.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

We should have just minded our own business when Hitler invaded.

I'm sure you would have.

That would be correct if I had the forethought you were on the way. :P;)

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow