samital

Photographs for Interview in Mumbai

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I have currently 25 photos of me and my fiance on trip together. We have total of the trip about 40 but only 25 out of them are with us together.

And 30 photos of me and my fiance together on our engagement.

So photos with the both of us in it is 25 for the trip and 30 for the engagement.

Is 55 photos enough for the interview stage or do we need more.

interview will be at mumbai.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I would be careful about adding any pictures of a ceremony resembling an engagement. There have been some K1s from India recently who were denied visas because the CO thought that the engagement was a wedding.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you have pictures of you with your Fiance's friends or family, be sure to include some of those. From what I've seen, they like it if you can prove that the people in your SO's life have at least met you.

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I agree with Zee, be careful if it the engagement pictures look like you had a ceremony. I agree with RyaNRiza too, pictures of you and your fiance's family or your fiance and your family together would be great!

I brought 20 pictures to the interview, I just picked 1 or 2 of each visit or trip together, but they did not ask me to see any. They really did not ask me for any proof of ongoing relationship, I thought that was weird. :huh:

APPLIED FOR NATURALIZATION 07/2021

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.05.2011 - Check cashed

08.08.2011- NOA Received

08.19.2011 - Biometrics Letter Received

09.12.2011 - Biometrics Appointment

01.27.2012 - Card production ordered

02.01.2012 - 10 year GC Received

07.25.2021 - N400 filed online

08.09.2021- Biometrics re-use notice

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

05.19.2022- Oath Ceremony in MN

Every embassy is different as to what is best to bring as far as proof.

My SO is only bringing two pictures, showing us and my family during his visit here last week. We figure the boarding pass and visa stamps showing his recent visit here with me, along with phone bills, will be enough for the UK.

And I agree... be very careful about photos showing anything at all resembling a formal ceremony. Best to leave them out completely.

12-18-06 Began investigating K1 process<3

--------------------

01-10-08 K-1 PETITION SUBMITTED

07-18-08 INTERVIEW... APPROVED!!! (190 long days)

09-02-08 MARRIED <3

--------------------

04-07-09 AOS APPROVED (196 days)

--------------------

07-21-11 ROC APPROVED

--------------------

09-13-13 N-400 NATURALIZATION PETITION FINALLY SUBMITTED

10-23-13 IN LINE FOR INTERVIEW

01-11-14 RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER

02-10-14 INTERVIEW DATE & OATH DONE... US CITIZEN!!!

Timeline

I submitted some of the engagement photos for the i129f application because the attorney said so.

Do we have to take the exact photos we submitted to the uscis in america to the consulate interview or can they be different photos from the same visit.

The engagement was with out a priest and was only about 30 family members at in my uncles living room. There was not decorations in the room. Only we wore simple clothing and may be flowers around our necks.

Timeline
I submitted some of the engagement photos for the i129f application because the attorney said so.

Do we have to take the exact photos we submitted to the uscis in america to the consulate interview or can they be different photos from the same visit.

The engagement was with out a priest and was only about 30 family members at in my uncles living room. There was not decorations in the room. Only we wore simple clothing and may be flowers around our necks.

also there was no seating arrangements. All people were just sitting around us with no sort of arrangement.

I have about 25 to 30 photos of ourselves. 1 photo of my fiance and sister together. i have photos my self and fiance with my mother and her mother and father but that is at the engagement.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Samital - my advice is not to include any pictures of the engagement - even with the 'simple' garlands that you are describing - it would appear to be a wedding in the guise of a simple ceremony.

When my fiance went for her K1 interview - she did not take any new pictures (we didn't have any new ones - just the two we had sent with the petition). I would say take a few with you; say 5 or 10 - but do not include any with any ceremony in it. When rejected because of a 'marriage' picture - you are left with a big fight on your hand and lots of time spent overcoming the objection of the consulate. Be smart and avoid any of these. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.