J & Q

Airline ticket statement (blue slip)

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Along with the Supporting Statement issue, the Consulate also requires proof of purchase for the airline tickets. The problem is that I paid for the airline tickets through a travel agency using a personal check. The travel agencies name therefore only appears on the cancelled check and bank statement. I cannot prove that I purchased the tickets and they will not accept the boarding passes. It was suggested that I write a statement attesting that I purchased the tickets through a travel agency with a personal check and have it notarized.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this type of situation and if writing a statement would be valid in the consulates eyes.

4432.gif

4977653_bodyshot_300x400.gif4980295_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Timeline
Could the travel agency write a letter/give you receipt for it?

My fiancée has the receipt from the travel agency but they said that they "we do not want the receipt you were given by the travel agency." A letter from the travel agancy with a notarized explanation may not be a bad idea.

4432.gif

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Could the travel agency write a letter/give you receipt for it?

My fiancée has the receipt from the travel agency but they said that they "we do not want the receipt you were given by the travel agency." A letter from the travel agancy with a notarized explanation may not be a bad idea.

If you paid with a personal check, get a copy of the front and back of the personal check to go with anything else you send. You need to be aware that this kind of request is to rule out the kind of visa fraud where the USC is paid for their role in the visa process, so keep that in mind as you respond.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

J & Q

I'm confused..... :blink: You have the travel agency receipt? Hmmm. You have the cancelled check. I'm assumming you photo copied the front and back instead of giving the Consulate the cancelled check? :unsure: Did you give them the actual bank statement or a photo copy? You gave them the actual boarding passes? Do you have pictures of you leaving and arriving at the airport showing the dates, ie a newspaper?

According to the Consulates instructions for the interview, all evidence has to be the originals, not photo copies.Then I would call the Consulate and ask them exactly what they want. I would if you haven't already, get the actual receipts, cancelled checks, bank statements, boarding passes for the Consulate. Also I would get the travel agency to write a notarized letter stating they sold you the tickets, etc. As well write one letter yourself and if you have pictures of you coming and going to the airport as well as the other members of the family in the pictures, ask them to write letters that they met you at the airport. Then I would submit everything the Consualte asked for and whatever else you have that proves you purchased the tickets and actually were in Vietnam.

Good luck

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Consulate recieved ??????

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 3 received 2007-12-24

Packet 3 returned 2007-12-28

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Email Reply with Interview Date 2008-1-23

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Passed Interview 2008-02-27

Visa Pick Up Date 2008-3-05

Received Visa 2008-2-29 (called to pick up earlier)

POE 2008-3-05 Los Angeles

Wedding 2008-4-26

Timeline
J & Q

I'm confused..... :blink: You have the travel agency receipt? Hmmm. You have the cancelled check. I'm assumming you photo copied the front and back instead of giving the Consulate the cancelled check? :unsure: Did you give them the actual bank statement or a photo copy? You gave them the actual boarding passes? Do you have pictures of you leaving and arriving at the airport showing the dates, ie a newspaper?

According to the Consulates instructions for the interview, all evidence has to be the originals, not photo copies.Then I would call the Consulate and ask them exactly what they want. I would if you haven't already, get the actual receipts, cancelled checks, bank statements, boarding passes for the Consulate. Also I would get the travel agency to write a notarized letter stating they sold you the tickets, etc. As well write one letter yourself and if you have pictures of you coming and going to the airport as well as the other members of the family in the pictures, ask them to write letters that they met you at the airport. Then I would submit everything the Consualte asked for and whatever else you have that proves you purchased the tickets and actually were in Vietnam.

Good luck

Peter and Thi

A notarized letter from the travel agency might help but it would need to be about who bought, not who sold the tickets. They want verification of who paid.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Why are you so hung up on proof of buying the tickets - Unless you have a problem proving that you met , why worry about this. I only wrote two lines about meeting my fiance, attached a copy of my itinerary and two pictures of us together - that was enough. I didn't send copies of tickets, boarding passes, hotel receipts - none of that stuff. Unless they are asking you to prove that you bought tickets etc. - why bother with this? Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Timeline
Why are you so hung up on proof of buying the tickets - Unless you have a problem proving that you met , why worry about this. I only wrote two lines about meeting my fiance, attached a copy of my itinerary and two pictures of us together - that was enough. I didn't send copies of tickets, boarding passes, hotel receipts - none of that stuff. Unless they are asking you to prove that you bought tickets etc. - why bother with this? Good Luck

The OP is posting after the interview, where the CO requested evidence of ticket purchase.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

It is something that the Consulate requires as indicated on the blue slip that we received. The problem stems that they want to see the actual airlines name on the check and not the travel agency. What difference it makes, I don't know but it is something that they are requiring from us. The original Supporting Statement I wrote when I sent the application to Vermont was missing as well so I have to send a new notarized statement of support. Hopefully it will all be water under the bridge soon when we submit them those two items.

4432.gif

Timeline

It is something that the Consulate requires as indicated on the blue slip that we received. The problem stems that they want to see the actual airlines name on the check and not the travel agency. What difference it makes, I don't know but it is something that they are requiring from us. The original Supporting Statement I wrote when I sent the application to Vermont was missing as well so I have to send a new notarized statement of support. Hopefully it will all be water under the bridge soon when we submit them those two items.

The term "statement of support" is unconventional and confusing. The only notarized document is the I-134, an "Affidavit of Support" which is not sent with the "petition".

Do you mean your original signed letter of intent to marry?

An airline ticket stub comes with each paper ticket. If you bought an "e-ticket" through a travel agency, the best you're going to be able to provide as proof you were the ticket purchaser (by personal check) is a copy of a check made out to the agency that matches an "itinerary" or itemized bill from the agency.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

The term "statement of support" is unconventional and confusing. The only notarized document is the I-134, an "Affidavit of Support" which is not sent with the "petition".

Do you mean your original signed letter of intent to marry?

An airline ticket stub comes with each paper ticket. If you bought an "e-ticket" through a travel agency, the best you're going to be able to provide as proof you were the ticket purchaser (by personal check) is a copy of a check made out to the agency that matches an "itinerary" or itemized bill from the agency.

Yes, what I meant by supporting statement is letter of intent to marry. That is what my attorney referred to it as so... My attorney told me that I had to write a letter stating that I purchased the airline tickets through a travel agency since I do not have sufficient proof of the airline. I will have her notarize the letter and send it out this Monday.

I don't recoimmend anyone purchasing tickets using a personal check. Save yourself a headache and pay by credit card.

4432.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.