22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

When receiving a RFE, is it possible to get another one on a totally different issue? Our names were printed in ink not in pencil so I had to resubmit them. Hopefully there won't be anymore delays. What timetables are we looking at for RFE's to process at CSC?

You got an RFE because your names where printed in ink and not pencil.....on what??

I have noted members getting more then one RFE but generally not as anything not submitted or complete is included on the one RFE.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline
You got an RFE because your names where printed in ink and not pencil.....on what??

I have noted members getting more then one RFE but generally not as anything not submitted or complete is included on the one RFE.

I think I got a hard ### at the CSC. And I thought I would sail right on through this process. lol I must have reviewed my application a hundred times before I submitted it and I was sure everything was good to go.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think I got a hard ### at the CSC. And I thought I would sail right on through this process. lol I must have reviewed my application a hundred times before I submitted it and I was sure everything was good to go.

I am curious too......what did you print in pen rather than pencil?? Was it on your passport photos or what form?????

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

lol Im still lost on what you printed in ink instead of pencil that would get you an RFE for it. What was it on? ...cant be the forms as they are supposed to be in ink.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
lol Im still lost on what you printed in ink instead of pencil that would get you an RFE for it. What was it on? ...cant be the forms as they are supposed to be in ink.

I suppose that printing names on passport pics using ink might distort the pics so that they won't scan properly. Dunno, really.

The initial mystery that attends any journey is: how did the traveller reach his starting point in the first place?

---Louise Bogan, Journey Around my Room

Is it me or does this post make no sense? I know I have just got up maybe that is the problem I am not awake yet.

Crazy Brit

26th Nov 04 I29F sent to TCS

29th Nov 04 confirmation from post office that application recieved at TCS

8th Dec 04 NOA1

10th Dec 04 Touched

7th Jan 05 Just found out from this site that if your receipt number starts wac that is the California Service Centre

8th Feb 05 APPROVED!!!!!! bloody hell I am in shock

12th Feb NOA2 arrives via snail mail

24th Feb Got NVC number

25th Feb email from NVC case has been forwarded to London

4th March Packet 3 received

OH when oh when will I hear from the Embassy for my date for the interview?!?!?!

4th March Sent packet 3 back recorded delivery

7th March packet received at Embassy via recorded delivery

28th April Medical in Edinburgh

6th May 2005 Interview thank god!!!! A date at last

6th May 2005 had interview Welcome to the United States, I have my VISA approved!!!!!

23rd May flew to Atlanta GA

2nd July Married !!!!!

11th July sent of AOS and EAD

22nd July received NOA's for AOS and EAD

9th September succesfull with a walkin Atlanta for Biometrics

20th Oct had info pass for EAD, EAD issued for one year

4th May AOS interview Atlanta APPROVED!!!!

19th March 2008 Sent application to remove conditions

31st March 2008 received NOA

17th April 2008 Biometrics

Timeline

I am curious too......what did you print in pen rather than pencil?? Was it on your passport photos or what form?????

Our names have to be in pencil on each passport-like photo

Thank you for clearing that up :thumbs: Can you perhaps post that in the pinned RFE thread at the top of this forum so it can help others.

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

Timeline

To clarify the question, the two identical passport-like photos have to have your names printed in pencil not ink. Who knows why but that is the story. Don't know how long the wait will be for the RFE to process.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ohhh man, I thought it said on the USCIS page to write in fet tip pen on pictures? Well I guess I might get an RFE then too for our photos...... GREAT! Good luck to you I hope you get your NOA2 soon.

Sarah

Timeline
Ohhh man, I thought it said on the USCIS page to write in fet tip pen on pictures? Well I guess I might get an RFE then too for our photos...... GREAT! Good luck to you I hope you get your NOA2 soon.

Sarah

Yep, I think it said that in teh instructions. I used a felt tip pen so I hope my "touch" today is not an "RFE" either!!!! If it is, I am going to scream!!!! :ranting: Not to mention that I will send them a really firm e-mail with their damn instructions attached saying you can use a pencil or felt tip pen. You just can't use a ball point pen!!! Boy..I really need that NOA2 fast..it's kinda getting me on a tyrant............. :blush:

PART 2 BEGINS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
To clarify the question, the two identical passport-like photos have to have your names printed in pencil not ink. Who knows why but that is the story. Don't know how long the wait will be for the RFE to process.

No, not totally correct!

"Using apencil or felt pen, lightly print the name (and AlienRegistration Number, if known) on the back of eachphotograph."

From I-129F directions

Timeline

No, not totally correct!

"Using apencil or felt pen, lightly print the name (and AlienRegistration Number, if known) on the back of eachphotograph."

From I-129F directions

Yep, I just went back in to teh USCIS website and read the same instructions again. They read just as indicated by ccmkoho. So, a felt pen shoudl be okay!!! Anyone else use a felt pen and get their approval already??????

PART 2 BEGINS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.