vishrit

Very stressed! What should I do?

27 posts in this topic

HI there, as all the regulars know i was in Security checks in Washington for 6 months. Well my fiance was the USC, his family are from Iran, even through he was born in the US and so was his mom.

We contacted the congressman for Oklahoma and within a week we had the NOA2, coincidence or not, ill never know.

There is NO way you can make them go any faster on this, and believe me i tryed everything, E mailing, calling etc, the only thing i could do was wait it out, which was hell!

We got through the NVC very quickly and got send to London embassy even quicker, we are now at the final hurdle, in 4 months it will of been a year since we started the process.

Hang tight and yes, i have to say it, patience is the key:).

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

Yes this process makes mental patients out of all of us :wacko: Hang in there hun you may just get your December wedding :)

Adele

> Texas have received out application and cashed the cheque!

We got our NOA1 as at 26 Oct 2005!

Sent to CSC 26 Oct 2005

NOA2 26 Jan 2006

Sent to Embassy 9 Feb 2006

Embassy sent pk3 21 feb 2006

Recd and return pk3 27 feb

Medical 8 March

recd pk4 11 April

Interview 10 May

Visa Approved 10 May

Visa Received 13 May

Fly to Memphis 21 june

Married 1 September

AOS NOA1 23 Jan 2007

Case transferred to Missourri

Case transferred back to CSC feb 01

Card in the mail March 05

Case approved March 005

Welcome to America Letters received March 08

Filed for lifting of conditions - received in Vermont Jan 20 2009

I-797C NOA received Jan 26 2009

Visit My Website

A Joy unshared is like and unlighted candle

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Hi guys!

It has been over four months (NOA1: Jan 4th, 2006) since I submitted the I-129F application. I have called and e-mailed the CSC and they have told me that my case is undergoing security checks.

It is already May, my case is still at the CSC and I am supposed to get married in December. How is this going to work out? I am very stressed out, because I don't seem to know what they are doing. I e-mailed my senators, congressmen etc. last week, but I haven't heard anything from them.

What else can I do? Should I hire a lawyer? My case has been touched four times, but I don't know whether it is due to me sending them e-mails or what!

Please help, I am very scared that the wedding won't take place in time. Anyone else in my situation; why is it taking ages for my NOA2?

Thanks in advanced for any comments, posted as replies.

Sincerely,

Vishrit

Why are you so desperate to obtain immigration benefits, when you're still 7 mos. away from the wedding? I'm pretty sure that if you told the 'CIS you'd be marrying in Dec., they already know your paperwork needs to be processed before then. But you continuously making phone calls and sending e-mails to senators, the USCIS and congressmen in order to get your case approved asap makes it look like you're only interested in obtaining immigration benefits and nothing more.

dmartmar,

What exactly do you mean by "immigration benefits"? I want to be with my fiance and that's it. YOu realize right that I am already a US citizen and have received all the "immigration benefits" I had to receive six years ago when I came to this country.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey Sharma Sahib:

Sharma may be common but probably is not associated with terrorist groups - I assume muslim sounding names may raise flags but not Sharma. Don't worry too much - it all takes time and there isn't much you can do - if you can contact your senator - give it a shot - who knows! I think yours will be approved pretty soon. And if all else fails - forget the Christmas wedding and have a "Monsoon Wedding"and serve Marigold flowers as snacks! Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Hi guys!

It has been over four months (NOA1: Jan 4th, 2006) since I submitted the I-129F application. I have called and e-mailed the CSC and they have told me that my case is undergoing security checks.

It is already May, my case is still at the CSC and I am supposed to get married in December. How is this going to work out? I am very stressed out, because I don't seem to know what they are doing. I e-mailed my senators, congressmen etc. last week, but I haven't heard anything from them.

What else can I do? Should I hire a lawyer? My case has been touched four times, but I don't know whether it is due to me sending them e-mails or what!

Please help, I am very scared that the wedding won't take place in time. Anyone else in my situation; why is it taking ages for my NOA2?

Thanks in advanced for any comments, posted as replies.

Sincerely,

Vishrit

Why are you so desperate to obtain immigration benefits, when you're still 7 mos. away from the wedding? I'm pretty sure that if you told the 'CIS you'd be marrying in Dec., they already know your paperwork needs to be processed before then. But you continuously making phone calls and sending e-mails to senators, the USCIS and congressmen in order to get your case approved asap makes it look like you're only interested in obtaining immigration benefits and nothing more.

dmartmar,

What exactly do you mean by "immigration benefits"? I want to be with my fiance and that's it. YOu realize right that I am already a US citizen and have received all the "immigration benefits" I had to receive six years ago when I came to this country.

he wouldnt of realised it no lol an assumption was made but that was typical *who's got a foot in mouth smiley as I cant find mine* :P

I hope you hear something soon

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello everyone,

You seem to know some things about how the Name Check works so I would like to ask you a Question if you dont mind, becouse I couldn´t find the answer yet.....

What´s the difference between the Name Check when we apply for the visa ( Consular stage) and the Name Check during the Adjustment of Status ( When we ask for the green card)?

If anyone knows, Ill be more than glad to know the answer. Thanks!

AOS Pending - Separated, Back to my Country of Birth

I had the similar situation after I filed my I-129F in Oct'05. When I called first, they asked me to wait.....and 4 months passed by. I called in Feb'06 and they mailed me a letter saying "The processing of your case has been delayed." due to some background check. In Mar'06, I called my congressperson and asked them to pursue the case. I don't know if it was a mere coincidence or effect of congressperson's help, but my petition got approved in 10 days after they sent in the inquiry to USCIS. Overall, it took 6 months though, for approval.

Good luck to you!!!

I would say, get the congressperson involved right NOW!!!

Filed: Timeline

I think it depends on the person reviewing your records I waited 118 days before getting an email that told me I had an RFE coming my way; another week to receive it in the mail. It was for unrequired items and very poor reasoning on their part. I contacted both my senates and congressman; All replied. The Congressmans asst. Called CSC and found out they received my REFe today and it will take up to 30 days to process; if that is the case I am at the 180 day point. But it seems the turn around is a week or so.

I could tell by the RFE that they missed or lost some of the primary evidence I sent in an also that their train of Logic was extremely ####### and myopic so maybe we have the some person

Get your Politician onboard and hope for the best

Petitioners First Name: Capt. Joe

Beneficiaries First Name: Logic Girl

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2005-12-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2005-12-21

I-129F RFE(s) : 2006-04-18

RFE Reply(s) : 2006-05-05

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-05-11

NVC Received :

NVC Left : 2006-05-26

Consulate Received : 2006-05-31

Packet 3 mailed 2006-06-19

Packet 3 Received : 2006-07-10

Packet 3 Sent : 2006-07-12

Packet 4 Received : 2006-09-23

Interview Date : 2006-10-05 passed!!!!

Visa Received : 2006-10-10

US Entry : 2006-10-13

Marriage : 2006-10-16

Comments : sending out AOS papers 11-27-06

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 149 days.

Timeline

Hi guys,

Thank you for all the information. I contacted my congresswoman last week and they called me today to get some more information on the case. Well, I am hoping that I will get something since the congress is involved now.

I hope I get an approval soon.

Thanks again. Will keep all of you posted on the future developments.

- vishrit

Well, I am hoping that I will get something since the congress is involved now.

- vishrit

The entire congress is involved? :o

Maybe you meant A congressWOMAN. ;)

SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline

hi Vishrit.

my case took around 111 days to get approved..

so its just takes around 4 months, more or less.

I would say just wait, and don't worry about it..

If they are touching ur cases, somehting is surely going on.

I don't think those touches have to do anything with you emailing them..

---I would say that longer the better, becuase if it takes longer, they are doing all

security checks and its good that the security checks are done right now, so ones u get it cleared

u don't have to worrry about anythign till u get the Visa in Hand

...Cheerss... :yes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.