vishrit

Very stressed! What should I do?

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi guys, so, it has been over four months (NOA1: Jan 4th, 2006) since I submitted the I 129F application. I have called and emailed the CSC and they have told me that my case is undergoing security checks.

It is already May, my case is still at the CSC and I am supposed to get married in December. How is this going to work out? I am very distressed because I don't seem to know what they are doing. I emailed both my senators, congressmen etc. last week but, I haven't heard any thing from them either.

What else can I do? Should I hire a lawyer? My case has been touched four times but I don't know whether it is due to me sending them emails or what!

Please help, I am very scared that the wedding won't take place in time. Anyone else in my situation where it is taking ages for a NOA2?

Thanks in advance for any comments posted as replies.

Sincerely,

Vishrit

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I will tell you one of you had some type of name hit when they did the first set of checks. Your congressman and senator cannot expediate the checks. I will say that you are still some ways out from December and would hope your checks clear soon.

Hiring a lawyer will not help at this point and would be a waste of funds. Each time you email them and they look at it someone physically touches it and that could account for all the touches.

You can only hang tight and hope that your checks come back clear soon. Good luck and pray for patience along the remainder of your journey.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
Hi guys, so, it has been over four months (NOA1: Jan 4th, 2006) since I submitted the I 129F application. I have called and emailed the CSC and they have told me that my case is undergoing security checks.

It is already May, my case is still at the CSC and I am supposed to get married in December. How is this going to work out? I am very distressed because I don't seem to know what they are doing. I emailed both my senators, congressmen etc. last week but, I haven't heard any thing from them either.

What else can I do? Should I hire a lawyer? My case has been touched four times but I don't know whether it is due to me sending them emails or what!

Please help, I am very scared that the wedding won't take place in time. Anyone else in my situation where it is taking ages for a NOA2?

Thanks in advance for any comments posted as replies.

Sincerely,

Vishrit

It is also taking a long time for my NOA2 also, I am not really sure why, they didn't specify to me that they were doing special security checks or anything when I emailed, just that they were doing everything that they do to all cases and they have not finished processing, but it is getting old I understand how you feel

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

This is why booking any sort of wedding (or paying a deposit) is so risky (unless you don't mind being out the money). A lawyer won't expedite anything. I'm afraid you're just going to have to wait, or contact your senators/congressmen again and try that route.

Good luck!

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

On a related note, does anyone have any idea why certain cases require so many security checks while others get passed through very quickly? Does it depend on the country the person comes from or is it just a matter of which person at the service center is handling your case? I know it's probably a combination of different factors, but it's weird to see the huge differences in approval times. :unsure:

Maybe you can try calling the SC and speaking to an operator -- maybe she could tell you what is actually happening with your case. If she says something like "it's going through security checks" ask her what that means exactly and whether there's a projected end to these checks, since they've been running security checks on this petition since the beginning of time.

Aggg -- good luck! This is so frustrating!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/27/2006: Arrival in NYC! -- I-94/EAD stamp in passport

8/08/2006: Applied for Social Security Card

8/18/2006: Social Security Card arrives

8/25/2006: WEDDING!

AOS...

9/11/2006: Appointment with Civil Surgeon for vaccination supplement

9/18/2006: Mailed AOS and renewal EAD applications to Chicago

10/2/2006: NOA1's for AOS and EAD applications

10/13/2006: Biometrics taken

10/14/2006: NOA -- case transferred to CSC

10/30/2006: AOS approved without interview, greencard will be sent! :)

11/04/2006: Greencard arrives in the mail! :-D

... No more USCIS for two whole years! ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timeline

Karen L cases coming from what is considered a T-26 country are scrutinized more. They have more checks performed on them and it does take more time.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Karen L cases coming from what is considered a T-26 country are scrutinized more. They have more checks performed on them and it does take more time.

If you don't mind........what is a T-26 country and what Counted under this????

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Timeline

Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen. India is also listed on one of the other threads besides this lisitng. T countries are under higher security from terrorist threats and some are considered high fraud as well.

If you don't mind........what is a T-26 country and what Counted under this????
Edited by mianishqsrose

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I feel your pain, but unfortunately we're not in control of this process. I'm in the same situation...... my fiance and I filed on Feb 14th 2006 and have only received our NOA1 (never touched...nothing) Our wedding is planned for Oct 21st, 2006 in Florida with family and friends from the UK and California flying in. Up until his last visit in April we were still making wedding plans and he actually got to see the location, meet with caterers etc. I could be optimistic and hope that at best we'll have the approval by late July, but this week we made a difficult decision and decided to put wedding plans on hold. The thought of losing all that money on deposits and cancelled flights of our guest. Urgggh When we have so much more to look forward to, like our new life together in the US. Luckily all the vendors we've been dealing with have all been very understanding by allowing us to place tenative reservations without the required deposit. But the closer we were getting to October I knew things would change and they would start asking for their money. It's not worth the stress......I hate having to plan our big day around someone else timelines. Once we receive the approval, we will have a small ceremony and will plan for a bigger celebration next year. The important thing is that Russ arrives here safely and that we're finally together.

I wish you the best but December is further down than October so maybe your approval will come in time. Please keep us posted. Regards Arlene

Arlene and Russell

K-1 Visa Timelines

10/04/05 -Russ visits Tampa for 2 weeks.

11/04/05 -Arlene in the UK for business but visits Russ in Chester.

12/16/05 -Arlene returns to the UK for holidays with Russ and family.

12/19/05 -A surprise trip to Paris where Russ proposes on the Eiffel Tower

12/21/05- Arlene turns 40!! Russ's family throws a surprise birthday party in Chester. We surprise them with the engagement announcement :)

12/23/05- Arlene and Russ travels to California to visit Arlene's family for the holidays. We surprise them with the engagement announcement :)

02/10/06 -Arlene travels to Chester UK for Valentine's Day w/sweetie.

02/14/06 - Mail I129 Packet to Texas from Chester UK!!!!

02/23/06- I129 Received by California Service Center

03/01/06 - Received NOA1.

03/04/06 - "Touched"

04/13/06 - Russ visits Tampa for 2 1/2 weeks

05/15/06 - "Touched" and NOA2 Approved

05/19/06- Received NOA2 in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thank you all for the answers.

Iceyspots,

Yeah, my last name (Sharma) is the most common name in India. My last name too is very common in India.

I guess there is nothing I can do but wait.

Thank you all for your support. This is trying time for me.

Sincerely,

Vishrit

one word you will learn to hate is " PATIENTS". but, later in the process this word will change to "Approved" . hang in there kid...

That or patience.

Either one.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

one word you will learn to hate is " PATIENTS". but, later in the process this word will change to "Approved" . hang in there kid...

That or patience.

Either one.

:lol:

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Filed: Timeline
Hi guys!

It has been over four months (NOA1: Jan 4th, 2006) since I submitted the I-129F application. I have called and e-mailed the CSC and they have told me that my case is undergoing security checks.

It is already May, my case is still at the CSC and I am supposed to get married in December. How is this going to work out? I am very stressed out, because I don't seem to know what they are doing. I e-mailed my senators, congressmen etc. last week, but I haven't heard anything from them.

What else can I do? Should I hire a lawyer? My case has been touched four times, but I don't know whether it is due to me sending them e-mails or what!

Please help, I am very scared that the wedding won't take place in time. Anyone else in my situation; why is it taking ages for my NOA2?

Thanks in advanced for any comments, posted as replies.

Sincerely,

Vishrit

Why are you so desperate to obtain immigration benefits, when you're still 7 mos. away from the wedding? I'm pretty sure that if you told the 'CIS you'd be marrying in Dec., they already know your paperwork needs to be processed before then. But you continuously making phone calls and sending e-mails to senators, the USCIS and congressmen in order to get your case approved asap makes it look like you're only interested in obtaining immigration benefits and nothing more.

Edited by dmartmar

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.