hello28

Simple question: what to take to biometrics date

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello,

My wife will be going by herself to the biometrics appointment. Should she bring.. her California driver's license, passport, expiring green card, and social security card? Or just one of these?

Also, it says you cannot bring a cell phone. If one tries to enter the building with one, can you just have them hold it for you then pick it up as you leave? This will be at the Sacramento biometrics center (ASC) thanks. I guess it's better just to not bring it but my wife may tend to forget that so I was just wondering what would happen.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

She has to bring the Appointment letter, passport and marriage certificate. Cellphones are not allowed but if she forget to leave it at home she can turn-off the cellphone before going inside the office.

Goodluck!!!

MY TIMELINE

K-1 Journey

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Singapore

05/21/07 : I-129F Sent

02/24/08 : INTERVIEW

12/12/07 : MEDICAL

01/09/08 : VISA IN HAND

03/06/08 : Arrive in the US, POE - DETROIT

AOS

03/28/08 : Mailed AOS Packet

04/12/08 : Receive NOA's AP, EAD

05/02/08 : BIOMETRICS

06/11/08 : EAD CARD IN THE MAIL!!!

07/02/08 : GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

07/07/08 : GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL & WORKING

03/27/09 : Driver's License issued

Removing Condition

04/03/10 : mailed to Vermont

04/08/10 : NOA1 & 1 yr extension

05/20/10 : Biometrics Appt.

11/19/10 : Interview/Approval

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had put everything I needed into a file folder and left my purse with my cell phone, etc. in my car. I was not allowed to enter with the file folder - I had to return and put the file folder in the car and carry everything in by hand. Purses and cell phones are not allowed in - you can't even carry them in. They have to be left in the car. If she shows up at the door with it, they will not let her in until she has left those items in the car. This was the Atlanta ASC by the way but they did have an official looking big sign saying such items are not allowed in the building. I was allowed to bring in a book to read - after they fanned the pages up-side-down, and my diabetes medical kit along with my passport, my greencard, my SSN (she will need the number to write on a form), my DL, my military ID and the biometrics letter. I had to leave my wallet in the car.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Same in Phoenix, your cell phone wasn't even allowed inside the building. You will want to make sure to remind her to not take it with her.

AOS

Date Filed : 2008-02-15

NOA Date : 2008-02-26

RFE(s) : 2008-03-13

Bio. Appt. : 2008-03-18

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date : 2008-07-23

Approval / Denial Date : 2008-07-23

Approved : 2008-07-23

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

EAD

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2008-03-18

Approved Date : 2008-04-24

Date Card Received : 2008-05-03

Comments : Packet Arrived in Chicago - Feb 20, 2008

Check cashed Feb 28, 2008

AP

RFE(s) :

Date Approved: 2008-04-24

Date Received : 2008-05-01

Went to the Charlotte (NC) ASC and they were not as uptight. Purses/bags were allowed in after inspection. No cellphone allowed though.

Just presented the appointment letter and expired 2yr green card. Since your wife is removing conditions, the green card is what they will be looking for as proof of identity.

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Okay, so it sounds like she doesn't need a marriage certificate... should leave her cell in the car.... and may or may not be able to bring her purse in correct? And she can just take the appt letter, Driver's license and her green card? I wonder is she needs her SSN card as well. thanks for your help. It wasn't clear from the letter what she needs in addition to her appt letter. Sounded like they were saying she only needs one card in addition to the appt letter. Why do they always make things so difficult.

do other centers allow you to bring a book as well? that would help.... I wonder how long she'll have to wait.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If she knows her SSN by heart she doesn't need her card. She can even write the number down on a piece of paper and leave the actual card at home - she just needs to have the number to fill in on the form where it asks. Atlanta seems to be one of the more strict centers so I suspect if I could bring in a book, she should be able to as well. I didn't need to use it, however, as my appointment was pretty much in and out in less than half an hour.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Woh, that is tough. I had a huge bag with me and cell inside (plus I-pod, plus so much garbage-you name it). Here in Pittsburgh, they let me in. I had appointment letter, passport and what I thought my GC. Turned out that it was my old credit card-I just shaffled it in thinking it was GC. So, they have used passport and drivers lisence as proof of ID and appointment letter for A#, receipt #.

I had put everything I needed into a file folder and left my purse with my cell phone, etc. in my car. I was not allowed to enter with the file folder - I had to return and put the file folder in the car and carry everything in by hand. Purses and cell phones are not allowed in - you can't even carry them in. They have to be left in the car. If she shows up at the door with it, they will not let her in until she has left those items in the car. This was the Atlanta ASC by the way but they did have an official looking big sign saying such items are not allowed in the building. I was allowed to bring in a book to read - after they fanned the pages up-side-down, and my diabetes medical kit along with my passport, my greencard, my SSN (she will need the number to write on a form), my DL, my military ID and the biometrics letter. I had to leave my wallet in the car.

Karina and Tomy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.