kiyomi

Affidavits sworn and letters from friends and family

12 posts in this topic

are you in K!, K3 or IR1/CR1 process?

please fill out your time line

From my experience ( IR1/CR1):

I did not submit anything like that and I think 99% of us did not submit anything like that

It can't hurt to send it

But I don't think you need it

But if you are in K1 process it might be necessary for something like that

If you are already married, then marriage certificate is sufficient

Later for interview, most important is to have pictures and phone bills that show both phone numbers yours and your husband/wife

Filed: Country: Japan
Timeline

I was thinking of sending

1.Payment personal check $355

2. Cover Letter.

3. Form I-130: Petition for Alien Relative

4. Copy of the full Birth certificate

5. A copy of your marriage certificate (If not inEnglish then again get a translation)

6.Certificate (as divorce paper)

7. G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the US Citizen signed and dated

8. One passport-type photo

9. G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the non-US Citzen spouse signed and dated

10. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the non-US Citzen spouse.

11. Evidence of a bonafide marriage

Phone bills,bank account statement ,passport copy

enough??

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I was thinking of sending

1.Payment personal check $355

2. Cover Letter.

3. Form I-130: Petition for Alien Relative

4. Copy of the full Birth certificate

5. A copy of your marriage certificate (If not inEnglish then again get a translation)

6.Certificate (as divorce paper)

7. G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the US Citizen signed and dated

8. One passport-type photo

9. G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the non-US Citzen spouse signed and dated

10. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the non-US Citzen spouse.

11. Evidence of a bonafide marriage

Phone bills,bank account statement ,passport copy

enough??

If the items in number 11 above bear both your names, then yes, that's enough but if you're newlyweds who never lived in the same country together yet, even those can be skipped. If you have them, send them but I wouldn't bother adding anything else like affidavits etc.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

we've lived together for 3month before marriage and also 3month after marriage...we have joint bank acount and d phone bills shows my home number and his cell and old house number ,current house number..

Question! does the bank statement have to show everything???like blance?or it could be only both our names??

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
we've lived together for 3month before marriage and also 3month after marriage...we have joint bank acount and d phone bills shows my home number and his cell and old house number ,current house number..

Question! does the bank statement have to show everything???like blance?or it could be only both our names??

I would just show one page of the bank statement but for mine, that would include a beginning and ending balance for the month. They don't need to see where all your money went. I suppose they don't really need to see the balance either but I wouldn't advise blacking it out.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

I would just show one page of the bank statement but for mine, that would include a beginning and ending balance for the month. They don't need to see where all your money went. I suppose they don't really need to see the balance either but I wouldn't advise blacking it out.

Thanks for the advice,,, :thumbs:

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello. I am curious if your husband is not living with you then how can you have him on your lease or bank account? What else can you provide for proof of a bonafide marriage? I share his lastname now as I took his faily name after marriage. So, what do I need to do at this point?

Thanks for the advice,,, :thumbs:

"Waiting for the day when we can start enjoying our lives under one roof.....please bestow your blessings upon us dear God".

Visa in hand on June 22, 2009! :-)

• 2 months later...

You don't need to have someone living with you to have them on the same bank account. But it is often difficult to get someone on the same bank account in the US if they don't have either a social security # or an ITN (tax ID). Sometimes it is easier to get a joint account in their country. That's what we did -- in Canada. It was no sweat to add me to his acct. Something else you can often do is add the other person to your credit card(s). And that's what we did with American Express.

Plus there are insurance papers -- if you have each other down as next-of-kin at work, on insurance, etc.

Sent I-130 to VT 25-Oct-2007

I-130 Moved to California 6-August-2008

My petition has been in 3 states (1, twice) in 9 months!

Rec'd by CSC 8/9, touched 8/11, 8/12, 8/15, 8/20, 8/25

Approved Tuesday, 25-August-2008

10 months since we mailed the petition

Rec'd NVC 9/3, Invoice Generated 9/10, DS-3032 emailed 9/11.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

IV Invoiced 9/18, paid online 9/19, Accepted as paid 9/22

DS-230 sent 10/2

Case complete @NVC 10/8 - 11 months, 1 week and 6 days

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

[X] Passed [ ] Failed Interview

Thursday, April 2, 2009 Activated Visa - 1 year, 5 months, 1 week and 1 day

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

We sent in everything we could think of. ha!

And yes, we had 4 affidavits from friends and relatives stating that we had a wedding party and were happy ect ect. Will it help? I dont know, but I would rather have too much info, rather than have them question the validity of the marriage.

Good luck!

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.