honeyblonde

It's Saturday!

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Did you guys decide to not do a daily thread anymore? I can see I'm not the first one up.

So, it's Saturday.

We're going to go to the flea market, then if they don't have vegetables (I haven't been in 10 years at least) we'll stop at the farmer's market on the way home.

Then we have yard work to do, then I have piles of papers I want to get scanned into the computer which works great to do while I'm cleaning house, and I can't run the scanner and use the internet or my computer freezes up, so that keeps me from coming here and getting distracted!

Today's goal is to get the bedroom cleaned out. I had stored all of my craft and hobby and sewing supplies there, as well as tons of papers. We decided we don't want all that stuff in our bedroom now that it's "us" so since the semester is over, we've got a month to get things reorganized.

Hope you all have a great Saturday!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Yup it is saterday! And i have a house full of my daughter's little friends. Wow i am just not used to that many little people lol.So i guess my goal for the day besides not missing ashraf will be to survive with all the little ones.In a way watching them all play yesterday and hearing them all laugh was kind of refreshing.Always nice to see how kids see the world through there eyes.Hope all have a great saterday!

Good morning! I slept late and woke up just because instead of because of the ALARM. I needed it. Today I'm going to do a little bit of shopping and get more of my things ready to move. My move date got moved back another week so hopefully will be doing that NEXT weekend.

Hope you all have a great day!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Liz, your day makes me tired just reading about it! Although I know you're high energy. I think I'm not quite so much. :blush:

First stop for us today is the bank. We've got to deposit all our wedding gifts! The thing is, I tried to do it myself, but there were lots of checks made out to Mr. & Mrs. Wadi's Last Name. Since I didn't take his name and we don't yet have a joint account, we have to go together to the bank with our marriage certificate to sort things out.

Only other thing on the agenda is to go to my sister's soccer game. She's almost 9. She's been really excited to have Wadi see her play since she knows he's good at soccer and loves to watch it.

So that's our day. I'll be popping in and out I'm sure to check in on ya!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I've been feeling kinda stressed and nervous as you all know. SOoooo my family and I are going to the Aquarium of the Pacific, the beach, and then to my Aunts house for dinner today. So no VJ ! It's gonna be a fun day today !!! :dance:

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

:P I figured Jean was sleeping in... starting the thread a little later than usual - it *is* Saturday! I just returned from the market, got some lovely veggies, which I think I will roast a little later. I hope to take my dogs to the park if it doesn't rain and I've got to go dance at this Festival here in town - again... if it doesn't rain. There's a tiny part of me praying for rain (forecast says thunderstorms) so I can stay home and get some stuff done around the house :yes: . So, here I sit, w/ my double iced espresso and a teacake from the market, perusing VJ and deciding if there's time to take the dogs out... I guess there is if I'm quick... so, I'm outta here for a while... see y'all later! :P

Noura

OH yeah, have fun w/ the family LB... try to destress some and enjoy your day :star:

Everyone have a fantabulous day... I hope there's a surprise in the mailbox this afternoon (wishful thinking) :P

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

I've been feeling kinda stressed and nervous as you all know. SOoooo my family and I are going to the Aquarium of the Pacific, the beach, and then to my Aunts house for dinner today. So no VJ ! It's gonna be a fun day today !!! :dance:

Sounds like just what you. Enjoy the day! You deserve it! :luv:

:P I figured Jean was sleeping in... starting the thread a little later than usual - it *is* Saturday! I just returned from the market, got some lovely veggies, which I think I will roast a little later. I hope to take my dogs to the park if it doesn't rain and I've got to go dance at this Festival here in town - again... if it doesn't rain. There's a tiny part of me praying for rain (forecast says thunderstorms) so I can stay home and get some stuff done around the house :yes: . So, here I sit, w/ my double iced espresso and a teacake from the market, perusing VJ and deciding if there's time to take the dogs out... I guess there is if I'm quick... so, I'm outta here for a while... see y'all later! :P

Noura

OH yeah, have fun w/ the family LB... try to destress some and enjoy your day :star:

Everyone have a fantabulous day... I hope there's a surprise in the mailbox this afternoon (wishful thinking) :P

Noura

Ha ha, Noura. I feel so busted! It's true, on the weekends I am a slug. I hope you get your surprise too! I remember the day mine came. My youngest son and I were getting ready to go to the mall and I decided to check the mailbox before we left *just in case*. He waited in the car. I got in the car and shuffled through the envelopes thinking I was wasting my time, and there it was. "You're approved." I squealed and broken down into sobs of relief. Scared the poor kid half to death. Ever since, he asks me every day with an exasperated tone "when IS Mohammed coming? Why does the government take so long?" Ah, from the mouth of babes... I tell him to "sh". Hahaha

I slept REALLY late (it was awesome!) but I'm going to work later today. Plus I really have to clean the house because I have people coming over next week for my henna party before our reception.

You all are so much more ambitious with your Saturday than I am :P

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

just cant wait for MONDAY :whistle:

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

08/26/08 filling date

08/27/08 NOA1

09/12/08 Notice for BIO

10/01/08 BIO

02/04/09 RFE received

02/20/09 RFE mailed

03/03/09 APPROVED

03/16/09 NEW CARD RECEIVED

I work all day :hehe: I had to measure a building at 9am, work in the store from 10-5pm then measure 3 different houses after work.

Mohammed comes home at 7pm and we will cook something, not sure what. I am thinking mjeddrah tonight. He calls it 'better than nothing'.

Hope ya'll have a great Saturday.

Jackie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

yes... it's saturday... I'm kinda cranky and feel like I have had a lack of sleep... because I did an hour drive each way to go pick up my brother at 5 a.m. because his girlfriend abandonned him.. using my car too... I just got the car back... NOW I have to take another 1 hour drive to another city, to drop off a book I sold to a lady on half.com... I never recieved a notice that she purchased it on April 20th!! I just recieved an e-mail yesterday from half.com noting that they are making a deposit into my account, and I know they only send out monthly letters, so I freaked out... I'm hand delivering it because I dont want it to take any longer than it has to, and I'm offering the lady a refund on the shipping cost.. @#(*%&(*@&$*(

Edited by iceyspots

Good to hear about all of your days. So far we have only been to the flea market and had lunch. I hadn't been in forever, and had actually never driven there myself, so we drove around for over an hour looking for it. I'm glad we persisted though. We found a produce vendor with great quality and even better prices. I now have an assortment of peppers - Jalapeno, Cerano, Bell and some about the size of bell but thinner and darker green. I just hope Abdel lets me cook them before he tries to eat them so he doesn't burn his tummy again.

I was thinking about baking some bread and cookies today. Not sure if I'll get the energy. The bottoms of my feet have been hurting when I'm on them too much lately. Not sure when we'll do the yard work either. I'm already thinking a nap would be nice.

We had this stuff for lunch that I cooked night before last. I always cook a lot it seems. Anyway, it's kind of like chili with no tomatoes, but with potatoes. Abdel said I should post the recipe for those that like really hot stuff. I just need to write it down, and hope I can remember what all I put in it. It's another one of my "throw stuff in the pot and see how it comes out" experiences. I'll try to post it this afternoon.

Now I guess I should get started on that bedroom. We can do the yardwork later this evening unless the gnats are too bad.

HAPPY SATURDAY ALL!!! :dance: I'm at work today 8am to 2pm..not horribly long but I haven't had a full day with the hubby since he started work..our off days are not the same :crying: At least I'll get to be with him this afternoon. :luv:

Adkins diet , day #6 , lost 10 lbs!! very excited!! :lol:

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.