Chuckles

Russian/American vacation spot

49 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Technically I have no actions available to me. I can call the USCIS service center, but they will just tell me what I already know. It has been close to 120 days without a touch, and I really have no recourse until the processing dates on the USCIS site become 30 days past my NOA1. Right now they are 11 days past, and who knows when they will change now that K1's have been removed from Nebraska. Incidently, mine stayed at Nebraska.

So, I have a sneaking suspicion my paperwork was misplaced. I plan on calling the USCIS as soon as it goes 30 days past to see if they will start an investigation. Soon after that I will write my congressman, explain my situation, and sign a waiver for his office to investigate. Frankly I hope I get an RFE, a touch, or an approval before then because I really don't want to go down that road.

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a roadtrip to Lincoln?

Good luck Chuckles.... this is a long road. Just stay patient and remember that it's all for a great reason!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I saw this movie "Hostel" and Slovkia looks like a great place to visit.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Timeline

Get lost.

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

Removing Conditions

03/06/09 - Check cashed

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Dalegg I got the subtle hint dropped in that comment and it was uncalled for. Please discontinue posts of that nature. Thanks :no: .

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Timeline
C'mon, Chief. That was funny!

Explain how it is funny?

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

Removing Conditions

03/06/09 - Check cashed

Timeline

Has anyone flown with NWA on an international/intercontinental flight? If so, how was it? I can get a lower fare from them, but if the flights are uncomfortable with bad service I'd rather spend a few more bucks.

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

Removing Conditions

03/06/09 - Check cashed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Thanks for the suggestions! Egypt was one of my first thoughts but my fiancee is a little leary of travelling there because of recent bombings and tourists being killed (namely Russian ones). Spain and the Czech Rep. are two possibilities, as well as Jamaica.

My husband worked in Sharm and there were tons and tons of Russian tourists there at the time. Most of those killed were the Egyptian employees. Sharm is beaaaaaaautiful and if you can convince her to go, it is well worth the trip.

Has anyone flown with NWA on an international/intercontinental flight? If so, how was it? I can get a lower fare from them, but if the flights are uncomfortable with bad service I'd rather spend a few more bucks.

I've flown Northwest on several occasions. They always go through Europe and usually you switch planes in Amsterdam. The trips over to Europe are nothing to write home about, but if you get a connecting flight on their partner airline KLA, it is luuuuuuuuuxery. I'm talkin individual tvs with 100s of movie/programs to chose from.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

Explain how it is funny?

Well, according to this website Types of Humor which lists the types of humor, that statement could be defined as funny by being one of these types of humor:

Anecdotes any interesting event, either having to do with a celebrity or something smaller, that helps the humorist make a point. Anecdotes are great for the speaker and writer

Blue Humor not appropriate for the public speaker. Humor based on easily offensive subjects like making love, body parts, and bodily functions

Bull a humorous statement that is based on an outrageous contradiction. Ex: "The best people have never had kids."

Satire wit that is critical humor. Satire is sarcasm that makes fun of something.

Wisecrack any clever remark about a particular person or thing. Wisecracks are quick wordplays about a person.

Wit humor, irony, sarcasm, satire, repartee. Wit is funny because of the sudden sharpness and quick perception. Wit can bite. Verbal wit is a type of humor known as Wordplay.

or possibly even

Repartee includes clever replies and retorts. The most common form is the insult.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

02-July -04 NOA1

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

Timeline

Explain how it is funny?

Well, according to this website Types of Humor which lists the types of humor, that statement could be defined as funny by being one of these types of humor:

Anecdotes any interesting event, either having to do with a celebrity or something smaller, that helps the humorist make a point. Anecdotes are great for the speaker and writer

Blue Humor not appropriate for the public speaker. Humor based on easily offensive subjects like making love, body parts, and bodily functions

Bull a humorous statement that is based on an outrageous contradiction. Ex: "The best people have never had kids."

Satire wit that is critical humor. Satire is sarcasm that makes fun of something.

Wisecrack any clever remark about a particular person or thing. Wisecracks are quick wordplays about a person.

Wit humor, irony, sarcasm, satire, repartee. Wit is funny because of the sudden sharpness and quick perception. Wit can bite. Verbal wit is a type of humor known as Wordplay.

or possibly even

Repartee includes clever replies and retorts. The most common form is the insult.

Dalegg, you are just trying to be an ###. Ha Ha?

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

Removing Conditions

03/06/09 - Check cashed

Timeline

Explain how it is funny?

or possibly even

Well, since my attempt at being a comedian failed, I've got to try to be something don't I?

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

02-July -04 NOA1

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

Timeline

Explain how it is funny?

or possibly even

Well, since my attempt at being a comedian failed, I've got to try to be something don't I?

Fine, Hostel was a good movie that made eastern european women look like a bunch of low moral whores. Sorry I'm not interested. What if I came into the Vietnam forum and suggested you watch 'Full Metal Jacket' cause they sucky sucky you 5 dollah? You find that funny? Me love you long time?

Thanks for the suggestions! Egypt was one of my first thoughts but my fiancee is a little leary of travelling there because of recent bombings and tourists being killed (namely Russian ones). Spain and the Czech Rep. are two possibilities, as well as Jamaica.

My husband worked in Sharm and there were tons and tons of Russian tourists there at the time. Most of those killed were the Egyptian employees. Sharm is beaaaaaaautiful and if you can convince her to go, it is well worth the trip.

I've flown Northwest on several occasions. They always go through Europe and usually you switch planes in Amsterdam. The trips over to Europe are nothing to write home about, but if you get a connecting flight on their partner airline KLA, it is luuuuuuuuuxery. I'm talkin individual tvs with 100s of movie/programs to chose from.

Thank you for the recomendations! Maybe I will look for another flight, it is such a long, boring flight from the west coast to Europe. It is always a good idea (IMO) to take a comfortable flight even if it costs a few more bucks.

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

Removing Conditions

03/06/09 - Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Lets please 'chill' a bit. I don't want to have to crack open the mod panel.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Timeline
Fine, Hostel was a good movie that made eastern european women look like a bunch of low moral whores. Sorry I'm not interested. What if I came into the Vietnam forum and suggested you watch 'Full Metal Jacket' cause they sucky sucky you 5 dollah? You find that funny? Me love you long time?

No, no. That's not a good analogy and those lines have been overplayed by 2 live crew, so it's not quite as funny as it could be.

It would be better if I said I was looking for a place to visit and you came to the forum saying you "had just watched 'Full Metal Jacket' and you hear the girls in Saigon are very friendly towards foreigners " or something like that.

That wouldn't quite work though because the question is where could my wife and I visit in South East Asia, and obviously I'm not looking for hookers if I'm with my wife- so it might be better if you said you "had just watched 'Full Metal Jacket' and it looks like Hue' would be a fun place to visit", or something like that.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

02-July -04 NOA1

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.