Chuckles

Russian/American vacation spot

49 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

So it appears my K1 visa app is going to be delayed for whatever reason, who knows? Anyway, I have vacation time soon and I do not see us having an interview within that time frame, so me and my honey have talked about meeting somewhere for vacation.

My question is, where have you guys visited with your Russian fiance before the K1 outside of Russia? What are some good spots and suggestions that we both will not have problems with obtaining travel visas?

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Many in Ruyssia go to Turkey, also the Black sea. Both because it is very reasonable in price and a Russian woman can get a visa to Turkey quite easy.

filed 129 with vermont 4/19/06

first notice 5/3/06?

IMRA RFE 6/19/06

snail mail RFE 6/22/06

returned 6/22/06

email they recieved 6/26/06

second RFE email 7/11/06

recieved 7/22

returned 7/24

touched 7/25

APProved 10/02/06

NVC sent to Moscow 10/17/06

package from Embassy 11/17/06

interview 01/11/07

approved visa 01/11/07

arrived 02/7/07

married 04/13/07

filed AOS 05/13/07

biometrics 06/06/07

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I've been to Egypt (Hurghada) on the Red Sea... very nice resorts there and beautiful water especialy if you like to dive. No advance visa needed. Upon entry you simply buy a couple stamps, paste them into your passport and then go through passport control. No trouble for you USC or your Russian Gal. Many flights and packages from Moscow every day.

:thumbs:

I've stayed at the Le Meridian Makadi Bay and the Intercontinental.

725268776.png

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

We vacationed in Spain with minimal trouble.

K1

07-18-05 NOA1

08-06-05 NOA2

11-02-05 Petition arrives NVC, lost 85 Days after NOA2!

02-15-06 Interview Moscow (Visa approved)

02-20-06 Visa received

02-27-06 Arrives USA - POE Dallas

AOS

04-03-06 NOA1

04-17-06 Biometrics

07-20-06 Success!

LIFE

03-04-06 Married!

02-07-07 Our daughter is born!

08-01-07 Inlaws visit for 26 days.

06-03-09 Our Son is born!

09-20-09 Mother in-law for 2.5 months.

Remove Conditions

05-13-08 NOA1

06-12-08 Biometrics

04-08-09 Success!

Naturalization

04-23-09 Mailed N400

04-29-09 NOA1

05-20-09 Biometrics

07-22-09 Interview Success!

09-23-09 Oath

Timeline

We are right now planning to go to Czech Republic in the end of May. Very easy to get the visa for russians and americans don't need the visa there.

And I am dreaming about visiting Cyprus. Also easy to get the visa for russians and no visa needed for americans. Seems to be very romantic place :-)

And we still have in mind going to Costa Rica some day. Ahh! Great place, not expensive. Russians don't need the visa there. My dream :-)

Edited by Oregonfiancee

Timeline
And we still have in mind going to Costa Rica some day. Ahh! Great place, not expensive. Russians don't need the visa there. My dream :-)

Though everyone says Russians can't get tourist visas easily, we didn't have a problem. Greece, France, US were all okay. The only place we had a problem was Holland (though I had a problem there too, because of past legal residency there).

If you have time, it is worth applying for a schengen (Western Europe) tourist visa. Worst case, you are out $100 or so. Best case, you have the option of visiting most countries in Europe. Once you already have one or two, they are much easier to get. If there are two or three in your passport, you won't have a problem getting another.

We've got our AP now (GC looks like it will be a while). Probably vacation this year will be in Europe again, before going to Russia.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Timeline

Thanks for the suggestions! Egypt was one of my first thoughts but my fiancee is a little leary of travelling there because of recent bombings and tourists being killed (namely Russian ones). Spain and the Czech Rep. are two possibilities, as well as Jamaica.

Has anyone visited Jamaica with there Russian Fiance/wife?

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

Removing Conditions

03/06/09 - Check cashed

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Timeline

I read on russian forum that many girls had meetings with their American fiances in Jamaica. Most say it was very nice. Just some mentioned that their stuffs were stolen by black people there. So maybe it's good to be aware of it.

Also Dominican Republic is nice. Some girls had meetings there and liked it.

And Costa Rica is good and interesting to visit.

Russians don't need there visa to all of those countries.

Timeline

I have visited with my Irina in Turkey, Chezch Republic, and Croatia. Al were package trips from Moscow. I found that she could order the trip and i would fly to Moscow to meet her and then we would fly to one of these places. Turkey was terrible, except for the sea. Chezch Republic (Prague) was very nice, but Croatia was by far the best place to visit. For $400 per person we spent a week in Umag, a resort town right on the Adriatic Sea. I found that it would be the cheapest and easiest to fly to Moscow and we go together. The price included airfare from Moscow(Domodedovo) to Pula, Croatia, bus to Umag and return, and one week in a one bedroom apartment, only a 2 minute walk from the beach. We went in mid June and it was wonderful! ! ! ! The people in Croatia were very, very friendly! ! ! ! ! The food was a little expensive but very, very tasty and so was the native beer and wine. We did cook a little in our a[apartment. Breakfast every day and some evening meals. We went on a few excursions that were very nice. The "fish picnic" was fantastic. It was a ride on a ship down the coast and they grilled fish on the boat. We stopped in the sea to swim and on the way back stopped at 3 different coastal towns and had about and hour to an hour and a half to swim or shop or eat and drink. I want to go back, but my Irina likes to visit a new and different place. Prague was also very nice. I just returned from there. Turkey I have no use for. I would HIGHLY recommend Croatia! ! ! !

Devereux

Thanks for the suggestions! Egypt was one of my first thoughts but my fiancee is a little leary of travelling there because of recent bombings and tourists being killed (namely Russian ones). Spain and the Czech Rep. are two possibilities, as well as Jamaica.

Has anyone visited Jamaica with there Russian Fiance/wife?

Timeline
I would HIGHLY recommend Croatia! ! ! !
Based on Russian newspaper articles, the Balkans are the new hot spots for Russian vacationers. It is cheap and as nice as the other popular places: Turkey, Spain, Egypt, and Tunis.

Personally I can't vouch for any. We did have a great time in Sochi in 2003 if you are coming to Russia and don't want to leave Russia for vacation. At the time the 10-day trip with hotel, airfare from Western Siberia, food, and excursions went for about 16,000 rubles for two. Although you have to deal with the Russian bureaucracy; registration, etc.

Edited by Satellite

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

We met in Dominican Republic and had a great time with no problems, the all-inclusive resorts are worth the money if you like to drink. The beaches are great too.

Met in Finland Dec 2001

29 Apr 2005 Met in Dominican Republic 9 days

10 Aug 2005 Mailed I-295F to TSC (case transferred to CSC because of TSC case load)

19 Aug 2005 Met again St Petersburg Russia 10 days

30 Aug 2005 Received NOA 1 from CSC (Dated 17 August)

26 Oct 2005 Received NOA 2 approval via website

09 Nov 2005 Received MOS # from NVC

22 Nov 2005 Application in U.S. Embassy Moscow

22 Dec 2005 Visited Moscow for 12 days

27 Dec 2005 Medical Exam Moscow

28 Dec 2005 Received Medical Results

16 Feb 2006 Interview Scheduled

24 Feb 2006 Received K-1 Visa at DHL Moscow

25 Feb 2006 Arrive in America (Atlanta)

07 Mar 2006 Married!!!!

10 Mar 2006 Applied for Social Security Card

17 Mar 2006 Received SS Card

16 May 2006 Mailed AOS and AP documents to Chicago

05 Jul 2006 Completed Biometrics in New Orleans

22 Aug 2006 She received Driver's License

05 Sep 2006 AOS Interview (Green Card) Scheduled

15 Dec 2006 Sent letter to USCIS requesting status of AOS

02 April 2007 Received Green Card in mail

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

My fiancee and I had a lot of trouble finding a place to meet up, including a disastrous attempt to go to Greece (she was refused a visa, much to everyone's surprise). We've finally settled on Croatia, and are meeting there in a few weeks. She arranged everything through a travel agent in Moscow, because she got a pretty good deal on a package, and also because Russian citizens need to show proof that they have a place to stay in Croatia in order to enter the country. At first she was disappointed to be going to a country that she thinks of as ex-communist (it somehow doesn't seem as cool/exotic to her), but now we're both really excited. Croatia looks wonderful. Also, communication will be easy because many people apparently speak English, and Russian and Croatian are supposed to be similar enough that we will be able to make ourselves understood even if someone doesn't speak English.

Best of luck on your travels, wherever you go!

May 2006 - began collecting documents and info

June 5, 2006 - mailed documents to USCIS

June 26, 2006 - CSC received our K-1 packet

June 29, 2006 - received NOA 1

September 13, 2006 - touched, after over three months of nothing!!

September 15, 2006 - CSC sends RFE

September 17, 2006 - touched!

September 20, 2006 - received IMBRA RFE and mailed it back to CSC

September 26, 2006 - CSC received and logged our RFE

September 27, 2006 - touched!

September 29, 2006 - touched!

October 1, 2006 - touched! something will happen soon, right?

October 5, 2006 - approved!!!

January 18, 2007 - Interview at Moscow Embassy

January 23, 2007 - recieved passport with visa

February 2, 2007 - fiancee arrives in US!!!

February 23, 2007 - civil marriage ceremony!!!! :)

Timeline

I hope you have a great time in Croatia zhenik !! We almost chose that country to meet and I think it would have been a solid choice. We decided on Spain near Barcelona. I thank everyone again for their suggestions in this thread.

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

Removing Conditions

03/06/09 - Check cashed

Good choice Chuckles. I got to spend a few days in Spain back in '99, and it was great. It was one of those places that if I would've lost my plane tickets and been stuck there forever, I wouldn't have been upset at all.

Come on... any place that has a "national nap time" is cool in my book!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
So it appears my K1 visa app is going to be delayed for whatever reason, who knows? Anyway, I have vacation time soon and I do not see us having an interview within that time frame, so me and my honey have talked about meeting somewhere for vacation.

My question is, where have you guys visited with your Russian fiance before the K1 outside of Russia? What are some good spots and suggestions that we both will not have problems with obtaining travel visas?

Wow! I'm sorry to hear about the delay.

Any progress on knowing what's going on?

Curious what course of action you've taken.

Larry and Maria

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.