sonnyboy

Travel to France/Europe

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello friends!

My wife is Filipina and is now enjoying her Legal Permanent Residency (with restrictions) here with me in Chicago area.

All her new papers are in my last/surname - her SS card, Drivers License & Green Card. Her Philippine passport is still valid too, in her maiden name of course.

We plan to go to France for 2 weeks end of June and I am wondering:

-in what name shall I buy her Air Ticket? My last name or her maiden name as it appears on her Passport?

-what documents shall I bring to present to US Imigration upon our return to validate her status? I have ALL documents, even several copies of our Certified Marriage License/Certificate

Any other advice is much appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Cheers,

Sonnyboy (Todd)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello friends!

My wife is Filipina and is now enjoying her Legal Permanent Residency (with restrictions) here with me in Chicago area.

All her new papers are in my last/surname - her SS card, Drivers License & Green Card. Her Philippine passport is still valid too, in her maiden name of course.

-in what name shall I buy her Air Ticket? My last name or her maiden name as it appears on her Passport?

-what documents shall I bring to present to US Imigration upon our return to validate her status? I have ALL documents, even several copies of our Certified Marriage License/Certificate

Thanks so much!

Cheers,

Sonnyboy (Todd)

What *restrictions* does she have on her residency?

Tickets should be secured in the name that is on the ID that will be presented to the airline\TSA ID checkers

Bring a copy of your marriage certificate to bridge the name gap between the passport and greencard

Have you checked into visa requirements for her to visit?

YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello friends!

Thanks so much!

Cheers,

Sonnyboy (Todd)

What *restrictions* does she have on her residency?

Tickets should be secured in the name that is on the ID that will be presented to the airline\TSA ID checkers

Bring a copy of your marriage certificate to bridge the name gap between the passport and greencard

Have you checked into visa requirements for her to visit?

Sorry, I meant to say that her Green Card is Conditional (until Dec 2008).

So, does that change anything?

If France requires a Passport, then must I buy the ticket in her MAIDEN name or NEW name. Her Green Card has ner new name and her Passport has her Maiden name...

Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

France not only requires a passport but they require her to get a visa...

National PHILIPPINES (PH) /Residence U.S.A. (US)

Destination FRANCE (FR)

FRANCE (FR)

Passport and visa required.

No difference, just curious as to what "restrictions" she had... as I was unfamiliar with any....

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Most people would recommend getting the airline tickets in the maiden name on her passport because generally that is the ID you will be showing to the airline, TSA, etc. However, I've gotten my wife's tickets in her married name and have had no problems. Just bring along the marriage certificate. Also, women do no change their names on their passports or otherwise where my wife is from or in the rest of Latin America (and since we fly out of Miami, this little idiosyncrasy is generally well known).

Far more pressing is the visa -- I've no doubt that whereever you want to go in Europe, your wife will need a visa.

Meh

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Note: PI citizen will need a visa for France and Europe.

http://www.timaticweb.com/cgi-bin/tim_webs...ubuser=DELTAB2C

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

On the way back airlines would ask for GC; so, I guess marriage cert would be helpful. To enter France she will need passport with visa. I guess she would be using passport as a main ID-could be less troublesome if ticket on the same name. To get Shengen visa, she will alos need an international medical insurance. Not that expensive but they started to ask for it year or 2 ago.

Hello friends!

Thanks so much!

Cheers,

Sonnyboy (Todd)

Karina and Tomy

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hello there.

You may want to ask first, if you need to get a visa for your wife going to Europe. We both live and work in the Middle East, did apply in the embassy for the greencard, GOT approved and received it when we visit the US.

I did travel to Germany and I have a conditional greencard as well, but I need to have a visa..It does not mean that she have her greencard now she can travel anywhere... We are still considered Foreign National to other countries.. except asia we can visit for 30 days without a visa.

We did round the world travel just presenting my greencard and passport that's all..

She needs to change her passport to apply her married name to avoid complication in the end. She need to go to the nearest Philippine Embassy to update her passport or even just to add in the last page of her passport that she is carrying your name now.

Hope this helps.

jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.