daisylynn

We got approved!

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, so this is way past due. But I've been so busy. We have 3 kids under 4 yrs and they keep me hoppin! And then my laptop decided to act up so I've been sharing dh's computer and haven't had a lot of time.

We went up on Monday 21st. We stayed at Square Phillips. It was super nice! It had a full kitchen, very very clean. Staff was great! The only thing I was disappointed in was that I was told there were no additional charges on top of what I was paying on Expedia. I called them to make sure. Well, there ended up being $55 in taxes that I wasn't told about. Annoying, but oh well. It ended up being $407 for two nights (that included parking for 2 nights as well.) So, a little pricey, but a great experience. It was right down the street from the underground shopping which was awesome! There is a Tim Hortons practically across the street. And the consulate is in it's back yard. We actually walked around the building, through the parking lot in the back and across the street to the consulate--about a 5 minute walk at most.

So, on to the interview...

6:50am-got to the consulate. We were the first ones in line.

7:25-doors opened-by then there were about 10 people in line

We went through security. We ended up getting letter B, the guy behind us got A. But that's because it took us so long to get through since we had our 3 kids with us. Everyone was so nice and patient.

7:35-finished with security-guy helped dh take the strollers down the steps (yeah, I don't remember reading that there were a PILE of steps to go down. LOL)-told us that we would be called at 8:45

7:40 got downstairs-I had no idea what time it was, we had no watch. I barely got a chance to feed the baby when a guy came to take us upstairs

7:45 Got upstairs (A-D letters) and put in a little room with 3 or 4 windows. One at a time (first come, first serve) we went up and turned in our appt. letter and our letter. We were third up. Then we were told to wait in the waiting room.

8:15-Got called back to window 19 (in first room). The guy was very nice! He said he was going to ask for all the papers and that I and the kids could wait in the waiting room. I was a bit reluctant. I put the whole file together and wasn't sure if dh would know where everything was, even though I tried to brief him on in. I went to go change my son's diaper and when I came out, dh was calling for me. LOL The guy at the window told me to stay and sent dh with the kids out. He got all the required documents. He commented on how organized I was :whistle: He told me to go pay and then they would call dh for fingerprints. He told me good luck.

Dh went to pay and then took the receipt back to window 19 (I couldn't remember if the guy said to bring it back or wait til they called :blush: It was ok, he was able to leave the receipt at the window.)

8:50 Called dh back to get his fingerprints-The guy told dh that the next time he was called that we all needed to go into the room.

9:20 Got called into the little room. The guy was SO extremely nice! He went through all the paperwork. Asked a couple of questions about where we'll live, what dh does for a living, etc. He saved the criminal record stuff for last. He asked "there were no weapons involved, right?" Dh told him no. Then he asked "and there was no bodily harm done?" Dh told him no. He asked those 2 questions a couple of times each. He said they ask about that because of the crimes of moral turpitude. But said because there was no weapon and no harm, that his particular situation was not cmt! :dance: Then he said he was going to approve us :dance: :dance: Then he talked to our daughter for a minute-asked her if she was married, had a boyfriend (she's 3! :lol: ) He was really nice.

9:30 (2 hrs 5 minutes after the doors opened) we were at the elevator going back downstairs to leave the consulate!

It was an excellent experience! Everyone there was soooo pleasant, helpful. We were concerned about the police record for nothing! The guy really acted like he wasn't concerned at all once he knew the answer to those 2 questions he kept asking :lol:

I can't think you vj'ers enough for ALL of your help on this journey! I seriously would have not been so well prepared had it not been for all of you! I feel terrible that I haven't been able to contribute here as much as I'd like. Part of it is that I was still in the process and didn't know many of the answers myself. The other part is that my 3 kids keep me really busy. I do hope though that I can help someone else on here even half as much as I've been helped. You have all been great!

I know this isn't the end. I will still be asking questions about the move I'm sure :lol: But I hope to be on a little more and contribute a little more.

THANK YOU to everyone who has helped us on this amazing journey!!! (L)

IR-1 Visa

8-14-2007 Mailed in husband's I-130 to Consulate in Toronto

8-15-2007 Toronto received I-130

8-27-2007 Toronto called to set up I-130 appointment

8-31-2007 Interview at Consulate Approved

9-25-2007 Received Packet 3 in mail

12-9-2007 Received police record (fingerprint version)

1-18-2008 Sent packet 3 back

2-26-2008 heard back from Montreal via email about our interview date

4-23-2008 Montreal Interview!!! Visa APPROVED!!

5-31-2008 Crossed the border into the US to live! :) (one of the happiest days!!)

Currently residing in NC and loving it!

03/2011 Looking into getting dh US citizenship (and just when I thought we were done with all the paperwork! Ha!

US Citizenship timeline:

3-18-2011 Paperwork/check sent

3-25-2011 Check cashed

3-25-2011 NOA

4-16-2011 Fingerprints

6-15-2011 Interview

7-02-2011 Oath Ceremony We're done!!

awww this is great news!!!

Sounds like a stress free time and I love how he was asking your 3 year old questions...too cute!!!

Congratulations and enjoy the rest of your journey!!! :star:

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Timeline

That is wonderful, sounds like a good time at the Consulate, and I agree I also found everyone there to be helpful and friendly. Congrats.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Timeline

Congrats

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats!! sounds like a great experience!

Kimmbo (Las Vegas,NV,USA)

Barry (Brampton,ON,CANADA)

Im an American married to a Canadian, I have no kids, yet Im a grandmother, I can pick things up off the floor with my toes

I-130

----------------

Feb/26/07 Sent I-130 (VSC)($190 US)

March/2/07 Rcv'd at VSC

March/5/07 NOA-1

July/23/07 NOA2(147 days)

I-129F

--------------

March/16/07 Sent I-129F (Chicago) ($170 US)

March/21/07 Received in Chicago

March/22/07 NOA-1

April/10/07 Transferred to VSC

April/23/07 Email from USCIS (case pending at VSC)

July/23/07 NOA2(129 days)

July/28/07 Rcv'd at NVC

July/31/07 NVC sent to Montreal

Aug/3/07 Montreal Rcv'd

Aug/8/07 Packet 3 Received

Aug/10/07 Packet 3 Sent

Aug/13/07 Packet 3 Received in Montreal

Oct/17/07 Medical Scheduled (Dr Seiden)

Jan/25/08 INTERVIEW MONTREAL...APPROVED!

Feb/6/08 Montreal sends Visa, finally!

Feb/8/08 Received Visa (14 days)

April/18/08 Moving Day/POE Sarnia

AOS/EAD

--------------

June/21/08 AOS/EAD package sent ($1010)

June/23/08 Received in Chicago

June/30/08 Check cashed

July/01/08 Received NOA's for I-765 & I-485 (dated June 27th)

July/02/08 Touch

July/07/08 Received Biometrics letter (dated July 1st)

July/18/08 Biometrics appt 8am

Aug/30/08 EAD card received (approval dated Aug 26th)

Sept/04/08 Applied for SSN

Sept/15/08 Social Security card received

Jan/23/09 letter received with interview date

March/10/09 INTERVIEW 9:30am...APPROVED!!

March/19/09 Welcome Letter received

March/23/09 GREENCARD RECEIVED, DONE WITH USCIS UNTIL 2019!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

congrats

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Sounds like you had a GOOD memorable experience! Congratulations on your approval! I'm so glad the criminal record concerns were mute. I'm sure though that you were organized, and maybe he didn't have too many questions regarding that because you WERE prepared. Sounds like you have had your hands full with your kids (I didn't know you had 3 under the age of four! :wow: ) That must have kept you hopping at the Consulate and at home! Enjoy the next part of your journey! (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats Daisylynn!!

I didn't know you could bring kids to the interview...we were thinking about bringing our little man, but didn't know if they frowned on that.

Good luck with the rest of your journey :)

Timeline

7/11/2007 - I-130 NO1A Hard Copy

8/13/2007 - Son Drayson born in Sudbury, Ontario.

9/6/2007 - I-129F NO1

10/15/2007 - Trip to Toronto for Dray's Consular Birth Abroad, SS application, and US passport

3/18/2008 - NOA2 for both I-129 and I-130!! No touches or email notifications at all!

4/2/2008 - estimated that NVC received

4/9/2008 - estimated that K-3 was sent from NVC to USEMontreal

4/16/2008 - Received hardcopy from NVC

4/16/2008 - Packet 3 Received

4/24/2008 - Packet 3 Sent to USEMontreal

7/14/2008 Interview in Montreal!!!!

7/17/2008 Visa received

7/18/2008 POE Sault Ste Marie Michigan

8/21/2008 moving day...back to Anchorage, Alaska!

4/20/2009 AOS granted, 10 year Green Card arrives, Social Security # given :)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm so relieved that you were approved. After hearing about the CO's actions, I starting to wonder if they might be human after all.:lol: Congrats!!!! :dance::thumbs:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

Thanks everyone!

Yeah, taking 3 kids to the consulate was a chore, but it was all good. They did really well and everyone was very nice about us having them there. I debated taking them, but we had noone to watch them. So, I would have had to stay in the hotel with them while dh went in. But I just figured it would be/look better (especially with his police record) if we all were there. Then they could see that dh wasn't some crazy man and had changed and made a good life for himself. Good thing I went, because I don't know if dh could have found all the paperwork :lol:

trailmix-We are hoping to move May 31, but we'll see how that goes. It's really soon and nothing is quite in line yet. We'll be moving to NC, where my family is. Dh is applying for jobs now. We aren't sure if we're going to move and then look for a job, or get the job first. We'll see.

IR-1 Visa

8-14-2007 Mailed in husband's I-130 to Consulate in Toronto

8-15-2007 Toronto received I-130

8-27-2007 Toronto called to set up I-130 appointment

8-31-2007 Interview at Consulate Approved

9-25-2007 Received Packet 3 in mail

12-9-2007 Received police record (fingerprint version)

1-18-2008 Sent packet 3 back

2-26-2008 heard back from Montreal via email about our interview date

4-23-2008 Montreal Interview!!! Visa APPROVED!!

5-31-2008 Crossed the border into the US to live! :) (one of the happiest days!!)

Currently residing in NC and loving it!

03/2011 Looking into getting dh US citizenship (and just when I thought we were done with all the paperwork! Ha!

US Citizenship timeline:

3-18-2011 Paperwork/check sent

3-25-2011 Check cashed

3-25-2011 NOA

4-16-2011 Fingerprints

6-15-2011 Interview

7-02-2011 Oath Ceremony We're done!!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Ok, so this is way past due. But I've been so busy. We have 3 kids under 4 yrs and they keep me hoppin! And then my laptop decided to act up so I've been sharing dh's computer and haven't had a lot of time.

We went up on Monday 21st. We stayed at Square Phillips. It was super nice! It had a full kitchen, very very clean. Staff was great! The only thing I was disappointed in was that I was told there were no additional charges on top of what I was paying on Expedia. I called them to make sure. Well, there ended up being $55 in taxes that I wasn't told about. Annoying, but oh well. It ended up being $407 for two nights (that included parking for 2 nights as well.) So, a little pricey, but a great experience. It was right down the street from the underground shopping which was awesome! There is a Tim Hortons practically across the street. And the consulate is in it's back yard. We actually walked around the building, through the parking lot in the back and across the street to the consulate--about a 5 minute walk at most.

So, on to the interview...

6:50am-got to the consulate. We were the first ones in line.

7:25-doors opened-by then there were about 10 people in line

We went through security. We ended up getting letter B, the guy behind us got A. But that's because it took us so long to get through since we had our 3 kids with us. Everyone was so nice and patient.

7:35-finished with security-guy helped dh take the strollers down the steps (yeah, I don't remember reading that there were a PILE of steps to go down. LOL)-told us that we would be called at 8:45

7:40 got downstairs-I had no idea what time it was, we had no watch. I barely got a chance to feed the baby when a guy came to take us upstairs

7:45 Got upstairs (A-D letters) and put in a little room with 3 or 4 windows. One at a time (first come, first serve) we went up and turned in our appt. letter and our letter. We were third up. Then we were told to wait in the waiting room.

8:15-Got called back to window 19 (in first room). The guy was very nice! He said he was going to ask for all the papers and that I and the kids could wait in the waiting room. I was a bit reluctant. I put the whole file together and wasn't sure if dh would know where everything was, even though I tried to brief him on in. I went to go change my son's diaper and when I came out, dh was calling for me. LOL The guy at the window told me to stay and sent dh with the kids out. He got all the required documents. He commented on how organized I was :whistle: He told me to go pay and then they would call dh for fingerprints. He told me good luck.

Dh went to pay and then took the receipt back to window 19 (I couldn't remember if the guy said to bring it back or wait til they called :blush: It was ok, he was able to leave the receipt at the window.)

8:50 Called dh back to get his fingerprints-The guy told dh that the next time he was called that we all needed to go into the room.

9:20 Got called into the little room. The guy was SO extremely nice! He went through all the paperwork. Asked a couple of questions about where we'll live, what dh does for a living, etc. He saved the criminal record stuff for last. He asked "there were no weapons involved, right?" Dh told him no. Then he asked "and there was no bodily harm done?" Dh told him no. He asked those 2 questions a couple of times each. He said they ask about that because of the crimes of moral turpitude. But said because there was no weapon and no harm, that his particular situation was not cmt! :dance: Then he said he was going to approve us :dance: :dance: Then he talked to our daughter for a minute-asked her if she was married, had a boyfriend (she's 3! :lol: ) He was really nice.

9:30 (2 hrs 5 minutes after the doors opened) we were at the elevator going back downstairs to leave the consulate!

It was an excellent experience! Everyone there was soooo pleasant, helpful. We were concerned about the police record for nothing! The guy really acted like he wasn't concerned at all once he knew the answer to those 2 questions he kept asking :lol:

I can't think you vj'ers enough for ALL of your help on this journey! I seriously would have not been so well prepared had it not been for all of you! I feel terrible that I haven't been able to contribute here as much as I'd like. Part of it is that I was still in the process and didn't know many of the answers myself. The other part is that my 3 kids keep me really busy. I do hope though that I can help someone else on here even half as much as I've been helped. You have all been great!

I know this isn't the end. I will still be asking questions about the move I'm sure :lol: But I hope to be on a little more and contribute a little more.

THANK YOU to everyone who has helped us on this amazing journey!!! (L)

I thought I recognized you... I had my interview the same day@ Montreal. I was third in line. Your kids were so cute....

Congrats and all the best!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.