almaty

Police not guilty in groom's death

73 posts in this topic

Ok this is what an anonymous poster on an nj.com message board has to say about the 31 shots. Anyone care to chime in to accuracy of his facts?

Okay let's analyze this. There were 31 shots by one cop alone. That means he would have to have fired 15 shots, reloaded, fired 15 more, reloaded yet again, and fired one more just for good measure.

Jeez, I didn't even use that much fire power when I was fighting in Iraqi. This is inexcusable. That judge will rot.

Iraqi Vet

well, i think its a credible source, afterall he/she fought in Iraqi

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more interested in whether the 15-reload-15-reload-1 is true or not.

well i believe the officer stated that he reloaded once, i dont know where this person is pulling that info out of... :whistle:

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
... at what point did it seem okay to think 'oh wait, nobody is firing back, maybe i should fire several rounds, stop to reload my gun and then fire several more'

The court has found that the incident lasted just seconds.

and if one has ever been in a firefight, they'd know that one is too busy sending rounds downrange rather than paying attention to shot location.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
... at what point did it seem okay to think 'oh wait, nobody is firing back, maybe i should fire several rounds, stop to reload my gun and then fire several more'

The court has found that the incident lasted just seconds.

Even so, the reloading thing is a bit weird.

not at all. they've fired a large amount of rounds. what do you want them to do, stand there with a gun that is empty/close to empty with there being a possibility of return fire?

i thought not....after firing between 3/4 to all of the mag, one reloads just in case the firefight continues. and reloading a semi-auto takes just a few seconds.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Timeline

He listened to the evidence. He learned that Club Kalua, the strip club that Sean Bell and his companions were at that night, had been at the center of neighborhood complaints, drug activity and prostitution arrests, which is why undercover officers were there in the first place.

He heard the consistent grand jury testimony of all three defendant police officers. He heard the testimony of Detective Hispolito Sanchez, an undercover officer inside the club who heard Bell's companion, Joseph Guzman say "Yo, get my gun" and heard Sean Bell threaten to beat up a man near an SUV.

And he heard the testimony of Guzman, who denied, contrary to the testimony of other witnesses, that he uttered the words "Go get my gun." Cooperman also learned that Guzman had spent five years in prison for robbery and drug convictions for selling crack and was suing for $50 million in civil court.

It was clear that Guzman was the linchpin of this case. If you believe him, that the officers shot at Bell and his friends for no reason at all, the officers are guilty. If you don't believe him, then his statement -- "Go get my gun" -- sent the night into mayhem, causing the officers to believe that the men were armed and justifying the officers' actions that night.

Guzman was combative on the stand, irreverent. During his cross-examination by attorney Anthony L. Ricco, who represented Isnora, he shot back: "You know what needs to happen? This needs to happen to your family."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/04/25/sunny.bell/index.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I believe the judge made the right decision. These cops had enough reason to shoot.

My husband is an NYPD cop and he just left for his nightshift in the Bronx, with the streets full of ravaging, gun-toting criminals who are looking for revenge.

So I don't think that the victims in the Sean Bell case were that innocent. It's unimaginable with what police officers have to deal while at work. My husband puts his life out there every day fighting crime and helping people, for a measly paycheck and so much disrespect.

Still, he loves what he does, he's out there day or night, rain or shine and it happened more than once that I got a call from the ER that he got injured while at work.

I think police officers deserve a lot more respect and trust in their judgement.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Timeline
I believe the judge made the right decision. These cops had enough reason to shoot.

My husband is an NYPD cop and he just left for his nightshift in the Bronx, with the streets full of ravaging, gun-toting criminals who are looking for revenge.

So I don't think that the victims in the Sean Bell case were that innocent. It's unimaginable with what police officers have to deal while at work. My husband puts his life out there every day fighting crime and helping people, for a measly paycheck and so much disrespect.

Still, he loves what he does, he's out there day or night, rain or shine and it happened more than once that I got a call from the ER that he got injured while at work.

I think police officers deserve a lot more respect and trust in their judgement.

amen. please pass on to your husband my thanks for the job he does :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

The boys did try to run the cops over before they started shooting.

that does not matter one bit...a police officer is taught not to shoot at anyone unless someone's life is in danger...someone running away from the cops should NEVER be shot at unless they themselves have used a weapon in order to harm someone else

the case is complete bullshlt, and an embarassment

completely agreed. How fking horrible.

50 bullets, what a miscarriage of justice. I hate cops like this.

and if one has ever been in a firefight, they'd know that one is too busy sending rounds downrange rather than paying attention to shot location.

Erm.....

So I don't think that the victims in the Sean Bell case were that innocent.

Tell that to Sean Bell. Oh wait, he's dead.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I really want you to imagine yourself in a shady NYC neighbourhood, in the middle of the night, in a shady club, surrounded by criminals with a well defined rap sheet talking about getting their guns out, trying to run your butt over with a car. Don't tell me you would not shoot. Don't tell me you would not be concerned about your life. And please, don't judge these cops, who are out there in extreme stressful situations like this to keep people like you safe from criminals like them.

I think it's very tragic how that case ended, but given the circumstances, there's no doubt that the cops shooting wasn't justified. 50 rounds might sound like a lot, but 50 rounds coming out of 3 officers guns is really just a matter of very few seconds.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

I really want you to imagine yourself in a shady NYC neighbourhood, in the middle of the night, in a shady club, surrounded by criminals with a well defined rap sheet talking about getting their guns out, trying to run your butt over with a car. Don't tell me you would not shoot. Don't tell me you would not be concerned about your life. And please, don't judge these cops, who are out there in extreme stressful situations like this to keep people like you safe from criminals like them.

I think it's very tragic how that case ended, but given the circumstances, there's no doubt that the cops shooting wasn't justified. 50 rounds might sound like a lot, but 50 rounds coming out of 3 officers guns is really just a matter of very few seconds.

They were fleeing. And it was 50 rounds without being fired upon. I am all for law and order, but that is abuse of authority on any given day.

Putting your butt on the line for a job you chose is one thing. It does not entitle police officers to be judge jury and executioner.

I do judge these cops. They are accountable to each and every one of us who pay their salaries. This is not a police state where we need to genuflect and allow such a gross miscarriage of justice. 50 fricken rounds. And a dead groom. It's just heartbreaking.

amen. please pass on to your husband my thanks for the job he does :thumbs:

Ditto :thumbs:

Making judgements based on comentary from what you hear on the news is so ridiculous.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow