iteachkids81

proof of engagement?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

so for packet 3

what are some things that count as proof of engagement?

I've got a ring, and the letter from the appraiser of the ring. I've got countless pics of us and emails we've exchanged.

there is no engagement announcement or anything like that. what other things are they looking for?

thanks so much

I 29F sent to VSC FEB 7, 2008 (K1)

Packet 3 recieved in May sometime

Medical done June 10/08

Packet 3 documents completed and sent out July 08/ 08

Packet 4 received July 28 (letter dated July 21)

Interview Aug 15, 2008 APPROVED!!!!!!!

Received Visa in mail Aug 20!

Moved to NY Dec 6, 2008!!!

Wedding Feb 28, 2009

Adjustment of Status, Employment Authorization and Advanced Parole Forms all sent to chicago- Mar 12/09

Received Mar 16/09

NOAs for all dated Mar 20/09

HONEYMOON in DisneyWorld: Mar 21-29

Biometrics appt: Apr 8/09

"Welcome to USA" Letter received May 19/09

Green Card received May 26/09!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline
i brought the email i sent to everyone announcing our engagement

you really don't need a whole lot of proof =)

so would a printed screen shot of my facebook page showing my status as "engaged to Future Hubby" be sufficient?

Medical done June 10/08

Wedding Feb 28, 2009

Adjustment of Status, Employment Authorization and Advanced Parole Forms all sent to chicago- Mar 12/09

Received Mar 16/09

Timeline
Did you get any engagement pictures? Did anyone send you a congratulations-on-your-engagement card?

no no engagement photos ( i never even knew people did engagement photos until I started trying to plan this wedding)

actually, we might have one congratulations Card, from his cousin... thanks I'll see if i can track that down..

I mean we've got other photos of us together and we've got emails.... I think I made a livejournal post when we got engaged, I can print those out.... if any one congratulated us on the engagement is was on email so I will print them out.

i've also got loads of emails from his mom referring to me as her "future daughter"

Medical done June 10/08

Wedding Feb 28, 2009

Received Mar 16/09

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Those sound good. We included a copy of the ring receipt, a copy of the email announcement to our friends and family, a few photographs of us together in different places and with friends, emails back and forth discussing our plans for after approval, tickets back and forth visiting, and a copy of my mom's obituary where he is listed as my fiance among her surviving family. You should be fine with what you have listed.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Sounds like you got enough evidence. All I had was pictures of us together and plane tickets that I kept and they were happy with that.

Mary

Here's my K-1 Timeline:

October 2006 - I-129F sent

10/24/2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!....APPROVED!!

10/30/2007 - Visa in hand!

AOS Timeline:

1/30/08 - Sent AOS pkg Priority Mail with USPS

3/12/08 - Biometrics taken

3/29/08 - EAD and AP in hand for me and my son

5/21/08 - Email-GC on its way!...RFE for my son's application

5/27/08 - GC arrives!!!

7/02/08 - Sons GC arrives!!!

ROC TIMELINE

3/23/10 - ROC sent!

3/29/10 - NOA1

4/22/10 - Biometrics Appt for me and my son

6/30/10 - Email saying card production ordered for me and my son

7/6/10 - Letter in the mail saying cards will arrive within 60 days

7/10/10 - Both cards received!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.