Qjonny70

How long is the K-1 valid for?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

that's correct... once the visa is issued it will have a 'use by' date of six months ahead; once your fiancée has entered the States using it she has three months in which to marry you :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Hi,

My Fiancée's interview is scheduled for May 21 at the US Embassy in Moscow. How long is the K-1 valid for? I heard that she must enter the US within 6 months. Is this correct? I can't seem to find this information anywhere.

Thanks everyone!

It will expire 6 months after it was issued. Once she is in the US, she has another 90 days to marry you.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi,

My Fiancée's interview is scheduled for May 21 at the US Embassy in Moscow. How long is the K-1 valid for? I heard that she must enter the US within 6 months. Is this correct? I can't seem to find this information anywhere.

Thanks everyone!

It will expire 6 months after it was issued. Once she is in the US, she has another 90 days to marry you.

Agree :thumbs:

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hi,

My Fiancée’s interview is scheduled for May 21 at the US Embassy in Moscow. How long is the K-1 valid for? I heard that she must enter the US within 6 months. Is this correct? I can’t seem to find this information anywhere.

Thanks everyone!

Everything above is true. Valid for 6 months, plus 3 in US. And If you want here to work right away (I know most russian and ukrainian women are aeger to work), you'd better Get SSN right away! Good luck to you, guys!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.