smitty10

a few last questions before i finally send in the first packet!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Japan
Timeline

hello all i am very thankful for everyone that has helped me out in answering my questions it is nice to see everyone helping each other out! my first question is what do i send the first packet in? A regular envelope? on the 129 they ask for my fiance abroad address some of you have already helped me out on what to fill in on the first part but she lives in japan, japan does not have states or providences should i just put none for that? and my last question i received my birthcertificate today from my mother but at the time of my birth my father did not put his name on it so i have his age and where he is from but no name is this going to be a problem you think?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You fill in the information to the best of your knowledge... If the answer is "unknown" the it is so.

For the japanese address you can put "see attached" and then on a separate piece of paper put the address in proper form.

Any kind of envelope is fine as long as all evidence can be placed inside and it has the proper address and postage

BTW - I-129F is the name for the fiance(e) petition ... an I-129 petition is a very different document

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
You fill in the information to the best of your knowledge... If the answer is "unknown" the it is so.

For the japanese address you can put "see attached" and then on a separate piece of paper put the address in proper form.

Any kind of envelope is fine as long as all evidence can be placed inside and it has the proper address and postage

BTW - I-129F is the name for the fiance(e) petition ... an I-129 petition is a very different document

While any envelope is fine, I strongly suggest using either a Priority Mail or Express Mail envelope from the US Postal service and to at least mail it with "Delivery Confirmation". That way, you'll know it was received and when.

I didn't pay to save one day by using Express Mail. Priority Mail was fine for us. Remember, "Delivery Confirmation".

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I sent mine in Express Mail, and was able to track the package online. This gave me some peace of mind knowing that it had been delivered. I am not sure if you can do this with Priority Mail or not.

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Denver CO

Date Filed : 2008-12-04

NOA Date : 2008-12-11

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2009-01-06

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I sent mine in Express Mail, and was able to track the package online. This gave me some peace of mind knowing that it had been delivered. I am not sure if you can do this with Priority Mail or not.

Priority mail with delivery confirmation allows you to get confirmation of delivery. You ask for it and pay for it. It's not automatic.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Delivery confirmation is delivery confirmation whether you use Express or Priority mail. The difference is the cost for 1 day versus 2-3 day delivery.

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.