Rocketta

Question about DS-230

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I'm trying to do the James Shortcuts so I had my husband sign the ds-230 and send it to me early. Well I didn't notice that it wanted his name in his native language which of course is Arabic. Well I can't write arabic but I want to print it out off of the computer and just paste it onto the line that asks for it? will they accept that if the rest of the form is filled out by hand? I'm so trying to prevent him having to send it to me again money and time being what they are.

MY HOT ARAB HUBBY!!

dreamy_Riyad-2.jpg2615261345_a42ed1904a.jpg

No one tell the hubby! Oh wait I already told HIM! :)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'm trying to do the James Shortcuts so I had my husband sign the ds-230 and send it to me early. Well I didn't notice that it wanted his name in his native language which of course is Arabic. Well I can't write arabic but I want to print it out off of the computer and just paste it onto the line that asks for it? will they accept that if the rest of the form is filled out by hand? I'm so trying to prevent him having to send it to me again money and time being what they are.

I would either try to write it myself copying the name in Arabic or will send it back to my spouse for a re-write. But I personally would not do what you just said. Printing it out, then cutting and pasting seems like you're asking for an RFE. Just my opinion though.

Timeline

I know but when I factor in all the time it takes it might be worth it to try knowing they give people a little leeway when they are filling the papers out themselves???? I don't know. :(

MY HOT ARAB HUBBY!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Make sure you spell it right.

What you could do - is find someone who writes Arabic to spellcheck for you (I can read, but I can't spell for donkey-doo... so I'm, unfortunately, not much help. :( )

- OR -

You could have him write it, scan & e-mail or fax - then write it in yourself.

If you're not 100% confident, you could print it, trace over it with a black marker (if you like, or need to) - then place that copy under the form. Put it up against a light source ( a big TV turned-on works great! ) - then TRACE the name over with pen.

It only needs to be printed - not a signature. So, it's not a huge deal.

BTW - I've put stickers on the forms before.

They don't mind.

Just make sure the glue's PERMANENT - you don't want it to fall off (oh man ... that's a disaster in waiting.)

Edited by KyanWan

The moral of my story: Stick with someone who matches your own culture.

( This coming from an Arab who married an Arab from overseas... go figure. )

Timeline

Thanks, he wrote it I just printed it out and cut it out. :P I tried to copy it but that wasn't going to work, I can barely write my own name legibly. :lol:

Edited by Rocketta

MY HOT ARAB HUBBY!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

I wish I could help you if we lived closer to each other. I was able to write my husband's name with no problem. Thank God for those classes. It must be difficult without understanding the arabic alphabet. I hope you can just trace it, that was a good idea. If not, there has to be some arabic speakers in your area, maybe go to the nearby mosque for help.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Timeline

I live in a town of 5,000 people there is no mosque here. LOL

btw, thanks for the offer of help. :)

Edited by Rocketta

MY HOT ARAB HUBBY!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Please help me here after reading all these posts, can I have my husband in Morocco sign the DS230 he got off the internet , fill it all in including his Arabic name , mail it to me here in Michgan, and it will be excepted at NVC like that ? Do they have some sort of code sticker on the original? Thanks if you take the time to answer, also the DS3032 gets mailed only to him right? hes the beneficiary so he mails it back to me ? I mail it back to NVC with my $70 for AOS? I have to call USCIS and NVC tomorrow because I want to know where my approved petition for him as of March 12th 2008 went and can they trace it, will let you all know the outcome, thanks, Diana

What you could do is just get an interpeter for that issue if you just need the correct arabic way of doing it - since each court house has many different people, it may save you time and money to go this route - just a thougth!

Cheers

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Timeline

Please help me here after reading all these posts, can I have my husband in Morocco sign the DS230 he got off the internet , fill it all in including his Arabic name , mail it to me here in Michgan, and it will be excepted at NVC like that ? Do they have some sort of code sticker on the original? Thanks if you take the time to answer, also the DS3032 gets mailed only to him right? hes the beneficiary so he mails it back to me ? I mail it back to NVC with my $70 for AOS? I have to call USCIS and NVC tomorrow because I want to know where my approved petition for him as of March 12th 2008 went and can they trace it, will let you all know the outcome, thanks, Diana

if your husband prints out the files and fills them out and signs them and then sends them to you that is is all right. That is what the James Shortcuts is all about. I can't answer the rest of your question, sorry. :(

James Shortcuts

MY HOT ARAB HUBBY!!

Timeline

What you could do is just get an interpeter for that issue if you just need the correct arabic way of doing it - since each court house has many different people, it may save you time and money to go this route - just a thougth!

Cheers

yes that's an idea but I would be shocked, flabbergasted, almost in a coma if there was a court house within 150 miles of me that has an arabic interpreter.

MY HOT ARAB HUBBY!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

Cheers

yes that's an idea but I would be shocked, flabbergasted, almost in a coma if there was a court house within 150 miles of me that has an arabic interpreter.

Lots of people from Yemen in Fayetteville and lots of people from Egypt in Raliegh if your willing to make the drive, lol.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Cheers

Lots of people from Yemen in Fayetteville and lots of people from Egypt in Raliegh if your willing to make the drive, lol.

If you tell me the name in English, I can try to figure out the Arabic. I could then send you the name. There is a problem with the DS-230 that messes up the foreign script. For Urdu for my wife, we just hand wrote that part.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2007-11-24

I-130 Sent : 2008-01-17

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-12

Expedite Request Approved - 2008-04-17

NOA2: 2008-04-22

National Visa Center

Case Number Assigned: 2008-04-25

DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill Generated: 2008-05-05

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 2008-05-03

DS-3032 Accepted: 2008-05-07

I-864 Hard Copy Mailed: 2008-05-07

IV Fee Bill Paid - 2008-08-04

DS230 Mailed - 2008-08-06

Case Completed - 2008-08-13

Interview - 2008-10-07 - Put on AP

Passport Requested - 2008-12-14

Passport Received - 2008-12-26

POE - 2008-12-29

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

if your husband prints out the files and fills them out and signs them and then sends them to you that is is all right. That is what the James Shortcuts is all about. I can't answer the rest of your question, sorry. :(

here it is I called NVC this morning at 9am they said NO they have not received the petition but when I checked my mail today there was a letter from NVC with my case number and they said that within a week my husband in Morocco will receive a packet of papers to fill out from his consulate in Casablanca for his DS230 K3 visa , did someone forget to send me papers 4 choice ofagent? I am having him send email to NVC choice of agent to cover our butts and this was for the I 129 petition what happened to our I 130 petition I hope they don't send I 130 tomorrow with a different case number grrrrrrrrrrrr, the girl on the phone from NVC says I have 6 more weeks to wait for a case number hahah strange things are beginning to happen here is this normal? let me know anybody? thank you . Diana

James Shortcuts

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Here is what I did:

I asked my husband to write his name in big, clear persian letters his full name. Then I practiced and practiced....I then submitted to my husband (scanned and email to him) 5 versions of my writing his name. He said, #3 is good.

So I wrote his name on the DS-230 in persian.

No questions asked.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.