sarahaziz

How is it possible!!

54 posts in this topic

How do people know it's time to divorce? By all means it's not a personal subject but I see so many divorces these days and divorce parties are a trend now! What goes wrong? I just can't understand how to lose love! It's so impossible in my eyes. Fall in love with somebody think about them talk to them everyday, good memories and then bam divorce. BTW- Arabs are big romantics how could anyone divorce a mena man/woman :devil:;) hahah jk

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

happens everyday, they are just people to, (romantic dont always last) people change, some are abusive many things can happen to come to this final decision. THe person will just have to decide when the time is right for them, this is not to say they didnt love them and maybe still do, just cant continue to live together.

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Some people get married for the wrong reasons - then they don't realize it til later. I questioned if I was doing the right thing marrying my ex on our wedding day... too chicken to run, figured we could make it work. It doesn't work when you're involved w/ a compulsive liar, specially one who refuses to work & contribute to the household. I had hopes he would change - as we all know, THEY DON'T CHANGE.

Thank God my wonderful MENA man and I found each other. He's the most amazing person I've ever met and I am so blessed to be loved by him. :wub:

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

After being told time and again that you are a worthless piece of ####### and that without him you would have nothing, well lets just say the love will eventually die once you realize that it is him that is a worthless piece of ####### and that without me he has nothing.

After you have been together for a while the mad passionate love changes, as it should. He/she should be your best friend, sould mate, the air you breath. The crazy love is gone, but the love is deeper. The problem that turns into divorce is that you realize that the person you had that crazy love for really isn't the person you thought they were. The true personality comes out and you find that what you should have been looking for is your best friend not the person you can't stop thinking about.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

I believe they need to be your best friend first......just going for the oh good looks, or the oh so sexy voice, just dont last

TIMELINE

-------------

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Divorced, when is the time, which is a hard question. For me I lasted 23 years, that is a sentence really, did my best. I knew he had cheated on me, never caught him, but just a feeling. He drank the entire 23 years of our marriage, and a couple of slaps for good measure, oh and after he retires from the navy, he became a cop. Wonderful, yes, than one night, I try to go to our office in the house; he has it locked, with him inside the room. So finally he opens the door, and my ex being drunk forgets to wipe out the memory on the computer, I go and bring it up. OMG, I will never forget that feeling of seeing for yourself, I was sick, and that was the point where I decided to leave, or course when he threaten to kill me and dump me that help also. Long term relationships are hard, but with an alcoholic it becomes impossible. It really is something that person decides for themselves, can’t really tell you where your break point is. Cheating, beating, and drinking all helped to end my marriage.

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

We have been desensitized to divorce in America. This does not apply to abusive relationships but growing apart and not feeling in love is no reason to divorce. Marriage takes work, if you have children that are less than perfect you wouldn't just say I'm tired of this and send them away would you? (sometimes teenagers make you feel this way but we still keep them) Sometimes one person is the problem and there is nothing you can do but try to teach your children better values so they make better choices when they marry. It will only get worse in the US I'm afraid.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
We have been desensitized to divorce in America. This does not apply to abusive relationships but growing apart and not feeling in love is no reason to divorce. Marriage takes work, if you have children that are less than perfect you wouldn't just say I'm tired of this and send them away would you? (sometimes teenagers make you feel this way but we still keep them) Sometimes one person is the problem and there is nothing you can do but try to teach your children better values so they make better choices when they marry. It will only get worse in the US I'm afraid.

Me I decided it was time to divorce when I saw my now ex with his tongue down some other woman throat in a bar! :angry: I stayed alone for about 6 years before I allowed myself to feel for someone again! Now I have my best friend as my husband! :dance:

4377610_bodyshot_300x400.gif5130242_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Date of Wedding :2007-09-04

Date I-130 Sent :2008//02/12

Date I-130 NOA1 2008/02/13

Date I-130 NOA2 :2008-06-04

Date I-129F Sent :2008-03-20

I-129F RFE(s) :2008/05/20

I-129F RFE Reply(s) :2008/05/27,20

Date I-129F NOA2:2008-06-04

Date Package Received By NVC :2008-06-06?

Date Package Left From NVC :2008-06-11

Timeline

I agree with you on being desensitized to divorce in America. I am for working things out, only in where there is violence, or the person just walks out, than yes you can't help that. Also people think that love stays the same, and when you no longer have that lovey feeling you first have leaves, they look for that again with someone else. Marriage is hard, you will change, and grow, it just takes a lot of work.

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Timeline

You can have all the high values in the world and the best of intentions when you marry...things happen. It has become easier to (change) relationships here but there usually is more of a reason than im just tired of them....you cant plan ahead for things not known....i doubt anyone marrys with the thought in the back of their mind, oh well if it dont work i can divorce..In the olden days women stayed in abusive marriages because they had no where else to go, now they dont have to accept this and are more capable to care for themselves and their children. Life is not really something taught its an experience.

TIMELINE

-------------

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I agree with you on being desensitized to divorce in America. I am for working things out, only in where there is violence, or the person just walks out, than yes you can't help that. Also people think that love stays the same, and when you no longer have that lovey feeling you first have leaves, they look for that again with someone else. Marriage is hard, you will change, and grow, it just takes a lot of work.

Not just violence, there is other forms of abuse. I was subjected to mental and emotional abuse. I may not have scars on my body, but the scars inside are pretty deep.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Timeline

My bad, I posted twice, yes violence isn't the only form of abuse, there is the verbal which my ex-husband took corses in. You can't do the marriage yourself, it takes two people, and if one is just is a loser, you are screwed. I should have left way before the 23 years, maybe the first two years, but being stupid I stayed. Divorce is heartbreaking period, I still get sad over the whole thing years later just thinking of all that we lost, my ex-husband and I. 23 years down the toilet :crying:

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.