Amastar

Wife coming to visit me tomorrow!!!

40 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline
On a subsequent note, I have noticed that some forums allege that even if your spouse is granted entry during the I-130 process, such trip would generate additional FBI name check (if it has already been done), which could delay the processing time at the consulate. Anybody has any thought or experience from that?

Don't be pessimistic buddy ! Let him enjoy with his wife who is already pregnant !

CSC - I-130 for Parents (IR5)

10/11/2011 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2011 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

10/17/2011 - Email received with Receipt#, Routed to CSC

10/18/2011 - Cleared the checks $420*2

10/21/2011 - Received NOA1

03/30/2012 - Received NOA2

NVC

04/19/2012 - NVC received

05/01/2012 - Case# generated

05/02/2012 - DS-3032 COA emailed

05/02/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

05/05/2012 - I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

05/07/2012 - I-864 AOS package received by NVC

05/07/2012 - DS-3032 COA accepted

05/08/2012 - DS-230 IV Fee $230*2 paid

05/09/2012 - DS-230 IV package mailed to NVC

05/11/2012 - DS-230 IV package received by NVC

05/17/2012 - Case Completed

Consulate

07/02/2012 - VFS visit in Cochin

07/04/2012 - Medical in Chennai

07/12/2012 - Interview in Mumbai - Success!

09/08/2012 - POE at JFK, NY

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
On a subsequent note, I have noticed that some forums allege that even if your spouse is granted entry during the I-130 process, such trip would generate additional FBI name check (if it has already been done), which could delay the processing time at the consulate. Anybody has any thought or experience from that?

I was under the same impression after reading many posts concerning this subject .... however, I've actually checked out the next set of paperwork for the NVC section and that's when your flights are taken into consideration ..... you have to list every flight you've every made to the US on one the forms ..... I'm actually having a nightmare with it as I've been travelling there for 30 years!!! :wacko:

Plus, there is no where on any of the forms for you to list 'refused entry at POE' ..... it only tells you to list flight dates for where you have actually entered the U.S. .... and which visa you came in on.

But, at least it shows that up until the NVC stage, you're quite safe as far as FBI checks and flights are concerned ..... too much scaremongering going on, and not enough factual evidence.

My goodness how this process has us all wetting our pants for the slightest thing at times :pop:

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I was under the same impression after reading many posts concerning this subject .... however, I've actually checked out the next set of paperwork for the NVC section and that's when your flights are taken into consideration ..... you have to list every flight you've every made to the US on one the forms ..... I'm actually having a nightmare with it as I've been travelling there for 30 years!!! :wacko:

Plus, there is no where on any of the forms for you to list 'refused entry at POE' ..... it only tells you to list flight dates for where you have actually entered the U.S. .... and which visa you came in on.

But, at least it shows that up until the NVC stage, you're quite safe as far as FBI checks and flights are concerned ..... too much scaremongering going on, and not enough factual evidence.

My goodness how this process has us all wetting our pants for the slightest thing at times :pop:

Can anyone direct me to where I can get this information of what you will have to list on subsequent paperwork? Listing all flights to US? Geez... that might be tough getting that info together... maybe all our old credit card statements... or stamps on his passport?

I'm a USC married to a french man who has been living in Canada for about 20 years.

March of 2005 -Met each other by chance in in Niagara Falls

April of 2005- after a ton of emails, arranged to meet in Montreal, now it's really getting exciting

May of 2005- tons of emails, he comes to visit Kentucky- we are so in love

In between visits to Toronto and KY, we go to Honduras, Montreal, Vancouver for vacations.

Sept 1, 2007 -Back and forth visits in between, IM and Skype, now we take the plunge and get married. We are so happy and my family and friends love him as much as I do!

March 25, 2008- Mailed out the I-130... finally!!!

April 4, 2008- Received the NOA1!!!

Sept. 2008 We went to Paris and the south of France (our 1st anniversary spent here) to visit my new family- with a quick peek at Spain. I love his mom and his son!

Just received a notice that we are moved to the CSC! I hear that is very good news! The date on the letter is Nov. 5.

Dec 16- Received our I-797C, Notice of Action Approval Notice with a Notice Date of Dec. 5 - super excited!

Called and told about change of address (in Canada) for beneficiary 12-22-08

Jan 11 2009 -Receipt of AOS Fee payment.

Feb 5- emailed DS-3032 and mailed the hard copy.

Feb 11- received confirmation email for DS-3032

March 29- 2009 Online payment of IV fee

Jan 11, 2010- husband spoke with NVC- still haven't received DS-230... she said since we paid online that we won't receive a package- just download forms- she sent him link to instructions via email.

Filed: Timeline

Can anyone direct me to where I can get this information of what you will have to list on subsequent paperwork? Listing all flights to US? Geez... that might be tough getting that info together... maybe all our old credit card statements... or stamps on his passport?

It's on the DS-230 part1 form ..... question 25. "List dates of all previous visits or residence in the United States (if never, write never) Give type of visa status, if known ....."

They give you 3 spaces for your visits :wacko: ..... it's a nightmare if you've been travelling there for many years.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

It's on the DS-230 part1 form ..... question 25. "List dates of all previous visits or residence in the United States (if never, write never) Give type of visa status, if known ....."

They give you 3 spaces for your visits :wacko: ..... it's a nightmare if you've been travelling there for many years.

Thanks!

I'm a USC married to a french man who has been living in Canada for about 20 years.

March of 2005 -Met each other by chance in in Niagara Falls

April of 2005- after a ton of emails, arranged to meet in Montreal, now it's really getting exciting

May of 2005- tons of emails, he comes to visit Kentucky- we are so in love

In between visits to Toronto and KY, we go to Honduras, Montreal, Vancouver for vacations.

Sept 1, 2007 -Back and forth visits in between, IM and Skype, now we take the plunge and get married. We are so happy and my family and friends love him as much as I do!

March 25, 2008- Mailed out the I-130... finally!!!

April 4, 2008- Received the NOA1!!!

Sept. 2008 We went to Paris and the south of France (our 1st anniversary spent here) to visit my new family- with a quick peek at Spain. I love his mom and his son!

Just received a notice that we are moved to the CSC! I hear that is very good news! The date on the letter is Nov. 5.

Dec 16- Received our I-797C, Notice of Action Approval Notice with a Notice Date of Dec. 5 - super excited!

Called and told about change of address (in Canada) for beneficiary 12-22-08

Jan 11 2009 -Receipt of AOS Fee payment.

Feb 5- emailed DS-3032 and mailed the hard copy.

Feb 11- received confirmation email for DS-3032

March 29- 2009 Online payment of IV fee

Jan 11, 2010- husband spoke with NVC- still haven't received DS-230... she said since we paid online that we won't receive a package- just download forms- she sent him link to instructions via email.

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline
My wife is coming to visit me from Japan.

I will let everyone know if there are any problems at the POE.

Im a ball of nerves right now.

Nice, enjoy your time together and Congratulations on your blessed event! Wishing you many blessings and happiness (F)

1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif avatar_ani_050.gifSOON TO BE HAPPILY DIVORCED! avatar_ani_052.gif 1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
That's great news!! Very happy for your wife, and I hope I can get through too next week!!!

Did they ask her how long she is going to stay?

Yes, They asked her how long she is staying and who she is visiting.

She was 100% honest about everything.

They said "why do you live in Japan and your husband here"

She said "because we are waiting on the Visa"

She said the lady just handed her passport back to her and said "enjoy your visit"

I hope my experience can help other people visit their loved ones.

I havent really been able to sleep because Im so happy(among other things hehe)!!

VSC

Sent I-130..................December 24 2007

Recieved NOA1...........Febuary 13th 2008

Received NOA2 approval email........May 1st 2008

NVC

May 6th 2008 : NVC received & case# generated

May 15th 2008 : NVC generated & mailed DS 3032 & AOS Fee Bill

May 28th 2008 : DS 3032 Sent (E-mailed / Auto Response)

June 4th 2008 : AOS shows PAID on website, THEN REJECTED twice

June 11th 2008 : AOS bill finally accepted. Shows PAID on website.

June 25th 2008 : Paid $400.00 IV Bill

June 26th 2008 : IV Bill shows PAID on website.

June 30th 2008 : Mailed DS-230 package to NVC.

July 11th 2008 : Called NVC. Automated message stated CASE COMPLETE!

August 8th 2008: Called NVC and spoke with operator. She stated Sept 29th at 9am is when the interview is scheduled for.

Sept 29th 2008: Wife had interview. Medical exam was about to expire before our flight so we had to get another one. Mailed it in to the embassy and got wife's visa a few days later in the mail.

Oct. 20th 2008: Wife, daughter and myself arrive back in America. POE took a whole 10 or 15 minutes.

Oct. 21st - forever: Happy to be with my wife and baby girl.

Good luck everyone!!! Stay strong and don't give up!

Jeff, Akiko and Mokka Harlow Krause!

2737631017_9d7de3d7bb_m.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
That's great news!! Very happy for your wife, and I hope I can get through too next week!!!

Did they ask her how long she is going to stay?

Yes, They asked her how long she is staying and who she is visiting.

She was 100% honest about everything.

They said "why do you live in Japan and your husband here"

She said "because we are waiting on the Visa"

She said the lady just handed her passport back to her and said "enjoy your visit"

I hope my experience can help other people visit their loved ones.

I havent really been able to sleep because Im so happy(among other things hehe)!!

glad to see signs of pure joy. It's seldom seen on this forum...I am definitely getting bitter from all the waiting...

Enjoy!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.