Sign in to follow this  
ikarus

employment/income question once noa2 received

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello everyone!

So I was working today and early in the morning today, I got the email saying my NOA2 had been approved. I wasn't expecting the approval to be this fast, so now here is my situation and question. I have 2 new jobs full time. One that I started exactly 4 weeks ago, and another one that I started last week; the first job is temporary for 10 weeks, and on that 10th week, i can decide to continue or leave the job. Most likely I'll leave the job cause the 2nd job is less stressful, and pays just as well as the first job.

Looking at the time line for Romania, which is the country where my fiance lives at, they seem to be averaging 30+ days from the time the NOA2 is received, to the time an interview is scheduled. By then I will have proof of 2 months of salary, which will come from the first job. However, since is a temporary job, I wonder if it matters when submitting proof of income for the visa. Also, would I have to submit proof from the 2 jobs? And yes, the one job is good enough to support 2 people.

Thanks again, and if it wasn't for this board, most likely i would have gotten an RFE!!!

Good luck to all!

AOS

2009-01-12===> Sent AOS packet via UPS
2009-01-13===> AOS packet received
2009-01-28===> NOA's received in the mail
2009-02-01===> Biometric appt received in the mail
2009-02-06===> Completed biometric appt thru walk-in
2009-02-06===> Applied for expedited AP thru the phone
2009-02-14===> Received AP in the mail
2009-02-11===> Case transferred to CSC
2009-02-23===> EAD received
2009-05-02===> Green card received in the mail, no interview done.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I have a part time job that I do for fun and a full time job as well. My income from my full time job is more than enough to meet the poverty guidelines so that is the income I included on the I-134 (along with other documentation for my full time job). We had no problems.

Good luck :)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

It sounds to me like you should be fine with only submitting the one job, but will they know that it's temporary? If so, I'd recommend submitting both, so that they know you won't be unemployed in a few weeks.

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
It sounds to me like you should be fine with only submitting the one job, but will they know that it's temporary? If so, I'd recommend submitting both, so that they know you won't be unemployed in a few weeks.

I think one is temporary, not both.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
However, since is a temporary job, I wonder if it matters when submitting proof of income for the visa.

All jobs are temporary unless you work for yourself and even then it might be temporary - one can be fired in a minute, a business can go belly up, there are no guarantees - Income from any source is Income and it will not matter two hoots to the Consulate if your jobs are temporary or permanent. Do not worry about that - your ability to get a job that pays - is what proves that you can support people. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
However, since is a temporary job, I wonder if it matters when submitting proof of income for the visa.

All jobs are temporary unless you work for yourself and even then it might be temporary - one can be fired in a minute, a business can go belly up, there are no guarantees - Income from any source is Income and it will not matter two hoots to the Consulate if your jobs are temporary or permanent. Do not worry about that - your ability to get a job that pays - is what proves that you can support people. Good Luck

Thanks to all!

Hah---never thought of it that way, but true; I did get laid off once, and didn't even see it coming!!!

AOS

2009-01-12===> Sent AOS packet via UPS
2009-01-13===> AOS packet received
2009-01-28===> NOA's received in the mail
2009-02-01===> Biometric appt received in the mail
2009-02-06===> Completed biometric appt thru walk-in
2009-02-06===> Applied for expedited AP thru the phone
2009-02-14===> Received AP in the mail
2009-02-11===> Case transferred to CSC
2009-02-23===> EAD received
2009-05-02===> Green card received in the mail, no interview done.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.