alienlovechild

Affidavit of Support stunners

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've read a few posts on the I-134 but none of the posters mention some big omissions.

It states on the form, the form expires on 04-30-07. I guess it doesn't matter because it's still used on USCIS website. Do as I say not as I do.

There's nothing in the instructions or on the form about submitting the past 3 year's tax returns nor any at all unless you're self-employed. It states "If self-employed, I have attached a copy of my last tax return. . ." If I'm reading that part correctly, I just submit my last tax return only because I'm not self-employed and I didn't make enough money in 2005 or 2006 so why make myself look bad?

Where does this form go after I've filled it out? There's nothing on the form. I'm assuming it goes to my fiancee but not directly to the embassy in Manila, right? I can imagine filers sending it to a USCIS office someplace, the State Dept. or the North Pole because it's not an idiot-proof or bureaucrat-proof document and is open to interpretation.

Why isn't this form submitted first with the intial petition for a visa? What happens to the filers who started this process only to find out they don't have the required income or assets?

Also, this has nothing to do with the I-134 but the electronic notification on the NOA2 says nothing about it being a NOA2 so it's pointless to get notification of it if don't know what it is. I only figured it out when I got the paper version. The best way to see how user friendly a system is, is to have a fool like me go through it and point out the flaws. If I can do it and anybody can do it. I'll can it "K-1 Visas for Dummies".

Edited by alienlovechild

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

You would send the I-134 to your fiancee so that she can take it with her to the interview.

The I-134 does not say that you need to submit the last 3 years of tax returns but it is required by some consulates. I would follow the directions your fiancee got in her packet 3 about what kind of proof they want for the I-134.

The form is not submitted with the initial petition because USCIS is just making sure that you and your fiancee are eligilble to apply for the K1 visa, ie, free to marry etc. The I-134 is used for many other visas and is used by the CO to establish whether the person applying is likely to become a public charge. It is up to the USC to do their research and make sure that they can meet the requirements to sponsor someone to come here or to get a qualified cosponsor.

The e-mail of an approval from USCIS just lets you know that your petition was approved and that a notice was sent to you.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline
I've read a few posts on the I-134 but none of the posters mention some big omissions.

It states on the form, the form expires on 04-30-07. I guess it doesn't matter because it's still used on USCIS website. Do as I say not as I do.

There's nothing in the instructions or on the form about submitting the past 3 year's tax returns nor any at all unless you're self-employed. It states "If self-employed, I have attached a copy of my last tax return. . ." If I'm reading that part correctly, I just submit my last tax return only because I'm not self-employed and I didn't make enough money in 2005 or 2006 so why make myself look bad?

Where does this form go after I've filled it out? There's nothing on the form. I'm assuming it goes to my fiancee but not directly to the embassy in Manila, right? I can imagine filers sending it to a USCIS office someplace, the State Dept. or the North Pole because it's not an idiot-proof or bureaucrat-proof document and is open to interpretation.

Why isn't this form submitted first with the intial petition for a visa? What happens to the filers who started this process only to find out they don't have the required income or assets?

Also, this has nothing to do with the I-134 but the electronic notification on the NOA2 says nothing about it being a NOA2 so it's pointless to get notification of it if don't know what it is. I only figured it out when I got the paper version. The best way to see how user friendly a system is, is to have a fool like me go through it and point out the flaws. If I can do it and anybody can do it. I'll can it "K-1 Visas for Dummies".

If a petitioner is financially unable to qualify alone, they can be given the oportunity to get a "joint" sponsor (parent, other relative, friend).

NOA2 is internet "boardspeak" only. If you ask the USCIS folks about it, they will have no idea because to them it is a I-797.

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

If a petitioner is financially unable to qualify alone, they can be given the oportunity to get a "joint" sponsor (parent, other relative, friend).

NOA2 is internet "boardspeak" only. If you ask the USCIS folks about it, they will have no idea because to them it is a I-797.

Yup, I-797 is a notice of action. Calling them NOA1 and NOA2 is not USCIS terminology. Your I-134 is supposed to be as current as possible at the interview so the Consular officer, not USCIS can evaluate it. Don't confuse suggested best practices with "requirements".

If I were you, I would just include the latest tax return, for the reason you mentioned.

Additionally, this is not an intuitive process. To assure success, usually takes a lot more than reading a few posts and the form instructions but those are exellent starting places.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

"Yup, I-797 is a notice of action. Calling them NOA1 and NOA2 is not USCIS terminology. Your I-134 is supposed to be as current as possible at the interview so the Consular officer, not USCIS can evaluate it."

There was nothing about I-797 either on the electronic notification either. The message said the I-129 was approved and to follow further instructions if any (there weren't any). That doesn't mean much unless one looks up the visa process steps.

"Additionally, this is not an intuitive process. To assure success, usually takes a lot more than reading a few posts and the form instructions but those are exellent starting places."

No kidding. The only way to become an expert is to file for multiple fiancees/fiances in order to get some practice. One the best ways for me is to click on my visa timeline and get the links of people near me in the process to see what happens next.

David & Lalai

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Timeline
"Yup, I-797 is a notice of action. Calling them NOA1 and NOA2 is not USCIS terminology. Your I-134 is supposed to be as current as possible at the interview so the Consular officer, not USCIS can evaluate it."

There was nothing about I-797 either on the electronic notification either. The message said the I-129 was approved and to follow further instructions if any (there weren't any). That doesn't mean much unless one looks up the visa process steps.

"Additionally, this is not an intuitive process. To assure success, usually takes a lot more than reading a few posts and the form instructions but those are exellent starting places."

No kidding. The only way to become an expert is to file for multiple fiancees/fiances in order to get some practice. One the best ways for me is to click on my visa timeline and get the links of people near me in the process to see what happens next.

I think you'll see the words "Notice of Action" on your I-797. There are many experts on the process that never sponsored an immigrant. Your success will depend on your preparation. Arguing and complaining about the difficulty will not help you but study, preparation and asking questions will.

You found the place to get the information. The rest is up to you.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

"I think you'll see the words "Notice of Action" on your I-797."

pushbrk, this is somewhat pendantic on my part but you reread my posts you'll see I write that I did receive a paper version of the I-797, Notice of Action. That's how figured it out. I was referring to the uninformative electronic notification. There's no I-797 or Notice of Action in the message I got shown below:

"Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On April 3, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

You can choose to receive automatic case status updates, which will be sent via email. Please click here to create an account online."

"There are many experts on the process that never sponsored an immigrant."

Technically, the K-1 (and K-3) are non-immigrant visas but I get your point. My crack about sponsoring multiple fiancees to gain some experience was clearly a joke but I made it to make light of a dull process of an immigration policy is so unclear for some that that an entire website is devoted to explaining how the process works. Unfortunately, I don't have a "expert" helping out but I'm doing ok for an amateur (so far).

"Your success will depend on your preparation. Arguing and complaining about the difficulty will not help you but study, preparation and asking questions will."

I agree that preparation and asking questions are useful. I've done that long before I arrived on this site. Arguing is fine when it's on topic and complaining about the difficulty doesn't slow down or speed up the process. It's a wash.

David & Lalai

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Timeline

pushbrk, this is somewhat pendantic on my part but you reread my posts you'll see I write that I did receive a paper version of the I-797, Notice of Action. That's how figured it out. I was referring to the uninformative electronic notification. There's no I-797 or Notice of Action in the message I got shown below:

On April 3, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

You can choose to receive automatic case status updates, which will be sent via email. Please click here to create an account online."

"There are many experts on the process that never sponsored an immigrant."

Technically, the K-1 (and K-3) are non-immigrant visas but I get your point. My crack about sponsoring multiple fiancees to gain some experience was clearly a joke but I made it to make light of a dull process of an immigration policy is so unclear for some that that an entire website is devoted to explaining how the process works. Unfortunately, I don't have a "expert" helping out but I'm doing ok for an amateur (so far).

"Your success will depend on your preparation. Arguing and complaining about the difficulty will not help you but study, preparation and asking questions will."

I agree that preparation and asking questions are useful. I've done that long before I arrived on this site. Arguing is fine when it's on topic and complaining about the difficulty doesn't slow down or speed up the process. It's a wash.

An approved petition shows your results are fine so far. My point is that if you had been learning the process, you would know that petition approval and NOA2 were one in the same. People either learn the process for themselves or seek the assistance of an attorney or expert. Do as you wish, of course, but if I were in your shoes, I'd be doing a lot more reading of threads, studying guides and form instructions to prepare for the next steps and a lot less complaining that the process isn't easy. It's not.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

[...]

The notice that they refer to in the e-mail is the Notice of Action.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline

[...]

The notice that they refer to in the e-mail is the Notice of Action.

The first "action" was receipt. The second "action" was approval. Are you supposed to put those puzzle pieces together intuitively? No, but it takes only a little study of the Guides here to arm yourself with enough knowledge to make this little exercise one of the simplest in the process.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.