Jennie-Ammar

question????

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

my I-130 was approved and sent to the nvc feb 21, 08 didnt hear anything from them so I called, they told me they sent my paperwork back to USCIS on march 21st, called USCIS they havent received anything from them. why would they do this? is this normal?

God doesn't give you the people you want, He gives you the people you

NEED. To help you, to hurt you, to leave you, to love you and to make you

into the person you were meant to be.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
my I-130 was approved and sent to the nvc feb 21, 08 didnt hear anything from them so I called, they told me they sent my paperwork back to USCIS on march 21st, called USCIS they havent received anything from them. why would they do this? is this normal?

Keep calling them, try to get the root of this. Ask the NVC why they sent it back, tell them it hasn't been rec'd by USCIS yet. Hang in there!

I see you filed both an I130 and an I129F. Do you know whether both petitions were forwarded to the NVC? If so, they could have sent the I130 back and are processing the I129F. It would be good to determine that :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Keep calling them, try to get the root of this. Ask the NVC why they sent it back, tell them it hasn't been rec'd by USCIS yet. Hang in there!

thank you for the advice. Ive tried to call both the uscis and nvc and they wont give me any answers. every time I call they tell me something different. give it 3 months and call back, call back in 1 month. give it 6 months... :wacko:

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

thank you for the advice. Ive tried to call both the uscis and nvc and they wont give me any answers. every time I call they tell me something different. give it 3 months and call back, call back in 1 month. give it 6 months... :wacko:

I suspect they have already forwarded your I-129F to the Consulate abroad. What is the status they give you for that?

If you want an immigrant visa, don't file an I-129F for spouse.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

I suspect they have already forwarded your I-129f to the Consulate abroad. What is the status they give you for that?

If you want an immigrant visa, don't file an I-129F for spouse.

after my I-30 was approved I send in the I-129F and they sent it back to me. they told me since the I-130 was approved I did not need to send the I-129f in... Im soooo confused and :(

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm pretty sure that if you filed an I-130 that you weren't to file the I-129 as that's for people who aren't married. Sounds like the US gov't noticed your error and tossed out the application that doesn't apply to you.

I'm pretty sure that if you filed an I-130 that you weren't to file the I-129 as that's for people who aren't married. Sounds like the US gov't noticed your error and tossed out the application that doesn't apply to you.

Gemilina, that is incorrect.

If you are married and want an immigrant visa, only file I-130.

Since that could take so long, you can also file for K-3, and then you indeed file the I-130 appl. AND the-129F appl. So I-129F not only applies to the fiance visa K-1.

I am surprised at your post, since you have K-3 next to your name.

The "error" with the I-129F, was probably that as Jennie said, she only sent in her I-129F appl. after her I-130 was approved by USCIS. And once that is approved, there is no more reason to file it.

(Form I-129 has got nothing to do with fiance or spousal visa, btw, it's I-129F.)

Jennie, i'd definitely keep on calling them, so you know where your I-130 appl. is now! I don't think it'd be already at your Consulate, since before you can get your immigrant visa (what you seem to be in line for), you'd need to complete more paperwork and send it to NVC.

If you don't hear anything, get your Congressman involved.

Edited by Catt

Website US Department of State, Consular Affairs Bureau: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1339.html

Timeline

Gemilina, that is incorrect.

If you are married and want an immigrant visa, only file I-130.

Since that could take so long, you can also file for K-3, and then you indeed file the I-130 appl. AND the-129F appl. So I-129F not only applies to the fiance visa K-1.

I am surprised at your post, since you have K-3 next to your name.

The "error" with the I-129F, was probably that as Jennie said, she only sent in her I-129F appl. after her I-130 was approved by USCIS. And once that is approved, there is no more reason to file it.

(Form I-129 has got nothing to do with fiance or spousal visa, btw, it's I-129F.)

Jennie, i'd definitely keep on calling them, so you know where your I-130 appl. is now! I don't think it'd be already at your Consulate, since before you can get your immigrant visa (what you seem to be in line for), you'd need to complete more paperwork and send it to NVC.

If you don't hear anything, get your Congressman involved.

Not to pile on the OP but this is an example of the kind of confusion petitioners often go through when they fail to learn the process. He's been around since a couple months before filing any petition, with a perfect opportunity to learn the process but hasn't. The timeline is not only incomplete but is completely inaccurate, so no help to us at all.

The profile says K3 but no I-129F was filed. He is posting a question with no meaningful subject line in the K3 forum when they are on the CR1 visa path. At this point, there's so much misinformation in this thread I haven't a clue where the OP's case stands or whether any petition has been approved.

Without a complete and accurate timeline, I fear we'll remain lost and only confuse the OP further.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Thanks for the help, I thought I had read everything I needed to know, at this point I dont know whats going on. all I know is I want my husband here with me :crying:

Timeline
Thanks for the help, I thought I had read everything I needed to know, at this point I dont know whats going on. all I know is I want my husband here with me :crying:

Please start by carefully correcting your timeline and profile. When you refer to a form or anything else, please take extra care to be accurate. If you don't know what to call something, describe it in detail. Help us help you.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Sorry for the inaccuracy. I filed my I-130 and 129 sooooooooooo long ago....sometime in 2004, that I completely forgot about the I-129. I did get an interview for that one but didn't bother as we had bought a new home in Canada and decided to wait for the immigrant visa to go through. And yes it's been that long. Granted we probably added a year to our processing schedule because we weren't in a hurry for a bit there, otherwise we would send things in as requested. Right now I'm in limbo land again and we have to contact my husband's senator now to light a fire under the Montreal Consulate. I had my interview there on Feb 28, 2008 and had to resubmit my police check and medical. My police check at the interview was a year old, that's how long they took to finally give me an interview. I've since couriered the medical and police check to the consulate and see it was received on April 1, 2008. Now I just see that my Application is Pending. Since I have never had an issue with the law, am a natural Canadian, never been turned away at any US border, and have been married to my american husband for 5 1/2 yrs (we have two children together), I assumed everything would go through no problem. Obviously I was completely naive. I thought it was normal that everything was this slow so I never pushed. I just figured slow as snails government workers. Now I see that isn't the case and am fuming.

Edited by gemilina

Timeline
Sorry for the inaccuracy. I filed my I-130 and 129 sooooooooooo long ago....sometime in 2004, that I completely forgot about the I-129. I did get an interview for that one but didn't bother as we had bought a new home in Canada and decided to wait for the immigrant visa to go through. And yes it's been that long. Granted we probably added a year to our processing schedule because we weren't in a hurry for a bit there, otherwise we would send things in as requested. Right now I'm in limbo land again and we have to contact my husband's senator now to light a fire under the Montreal Consulate. I had my interview there on Feb 28, 2008 and had to resubmit my police check and medical. My police check at the interview was a year old, that's how long they took to finally give me an interview. I've since couriered the medical and police check to the consulate and see it was received on April 1, 2008. Now I just see that my Application is Pending. Since I have never had an issue with the law, am a natural Canadian, never been turned away at any US border, and have been married to my american husband for 5 1/2 yrs (we have two children together), I assumed everything would go through no problem. Obviously I was completely naive. I thought it was normal that everything was this slow so I never pushed. I just figured slow as snails government workers. Now I see that isn't the case and am fuming.

It's far more helpful when responses are limited to subjects about which one is confident and can be accurate. Even so, we all make mistakes. It's not an I-129. It's and I-129F. Please be careful.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

No offense Pushbk but I think people know what I mean. I abbreviate things as that's the way of the internet these days. Everyone knows the 129 is the fiancee form if it relates to them. I don't think we should edit ourselves to the point where we are scared to type.

Timeline

I was wrong when I said I filed the I-129f it was the I 129 I filed and they sent it back saying since the I-130 was approved I didnt need the I-129.

I didnt mean to cause any disagrement with anyone, all Im asking is why the NVC sent back the approved I-130 to the USCIS.

sorry and thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.