krysia

duplicate notice - didn't request it

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi,

I just got in mail today a duplicate of notice of action.

Same as the one I received in January just with a big duplicate across.

I did not request anything

Case status online is unchanged since Feb 2

What does this mean, should I be worried

I am confused.

What do you think?

Krysia

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Kryisa,

I'm so glad you posted this! I also received one of these notices today and have no idea what it means. It's dated April 9th, and my original notice was from January. It mentions going for fingerprints again (which I did in February), so I sure hope that it's just a mistake. My case status online is unchanged from February 22.

I guess all we can do is try to call and get more information.

I-751

12/19/07 – Mail I-751

12/21/07 – Received in Vermont

1/3/08 – NOA extending Greencard for one year

2/15/08 - Biometrics appointment

11/28/08 - InfoPass appointment to get I-551 stamp in passport to extend residency for another year

12/3/08 - Receive email notification that my status has now changed to "card production ordered" : )

Timeline

My wife received the same thing on Saturday from Vermont Service Center. Looks like the common thing between us is the Vermont Center.

They must be messed up beyond belief.

Same thing as reported above - a big "Duplicate" watermark over the body of the document. And we received a bonus - they misspelled my wife's first name this time around. There is a different receipt number too.

My first thought was that my wife's biometrics were somehow not right, and a request to come back again for biometrics was on the way. Now that I see others posting the same thing, I think it is more a general condition of VSC being seriously disorganized.

At this point, it is speculation to try to state what they have done. Some kind of records problem I fear. About the least troublesome I can think of is that perhaps they have had a lot of people who have not received the NOA about status extension (1 year) and are send out a mass of duplicates.

kenk3z

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I got one too. But I'm thankful because I never received the original in the first place. Am a VSC September 2007 filer who had biometrics in November.

Same here. We're VSC Feb 2008 filers. I wonder what happened to our original NOA1 :unsure:

Hey - Im new to this place but thought i would add my 2 cent.

I applied for I-751 and just received a duplicate receipt notice as well. Came in the mail yesterday.

I was told by my lawyer and USCIS customer service not to worry about it.

As long as all the information is correct in their system - we're in the clear.

FYI:

I sent my application December 2007.

Did biometrics Jan 2008.

Now waiting...............

They are only dealing with Feb 2007. This is going to be a long wait.

My wife received the same thing on Saturday from Vermont Service Center. Looks like the common thing between us is the Vermont Center.

They must be messed up beyond belief.

Same thing as reported above - a big "Duplicate" watermark over the body of the document. And we received a bonus - they misspelled my wife's first name this time around. There is a different receipt number too.

My first thought was that my wife's biometrics were somehow not right, and a request to come back again for biometrics was on the way. Now that I see others posting the same thing, I think it is more a general condition of VSC being seriously disorganized.

At this point, it is speculation to try to state what they have done. Some kind of records problem I fear. About the least troublesome I can think of is that perhaps they have had a lot of people who have not received the NOA about status extension (1 year) and are send out a mass of duplicates.

kenk3z

Our duplicate NOA1 and the original have the same receipt number BUT the receipt number listed on the biometrics letter is different. We can get case status on the one from biometrics but it's not registering from the NOA1s. Has anyone else found this? Has anyone else checked into the two different receipt numbers and whether that is a problem? I'm worried. I know they're only processing from Feb 2007, but still...if there's already a problem with receipt numbers not matching up, it won't get any better the longer we wait to figure it out!

Terry & Erica (the zookeepers)

Our Surprises/Blessings/The Animals:

Kaleb (froggy), age 6

Savannah (squirrely), 4

Kyra (monkey), age 18 months

Need it add myself on to that list of Vermont filing. Never recieved a NOA1 (Extention) but recieved a Biometrics appointment fast enough....

Looking for our ORIGINAL NOA1, but just hoping to get a duplicate in any way shape or form.

...and here I thought filing at Vermont would be LESS of a headache.

:oops:

To know me, you have to read "Our Story" which started in Monterrey Mexico 5 years ago...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
Our duplicate NOA1 and the original have the same receipt number BUT the receipt number listed on the biometrics letter is different. We can get case status on the one from biometrics but it's not registering from the NOA1s. Has anyone else found this? Has anyone else checked into the two different receipt numbers and whether that is a problem? I'm worried. I know they're only processing from Feb 2007, but still...if there's already a problem with receipt numbers not matching up, it won't get any better the longer we wait to figure it out!

I think the numbers are usually different and only the bio letter number is working for online status.

You can always try and call the info line and see whats up.

But I wouldn't worry too much.

p.S : Czesc, polaczek tutaj tesz :)

Feb 2005 - APPROVED for K1 Visa

June - 2005 - Moved to the USA =)

Apr - 2006 - APPROVED AOS Without Interview!!

Feb - 2008 - REMOVAL of conditions!!!!!

02/20/2008 - Package was sent to TSC.

02/25/2008 - Package confirmed received at TSC.

Disclaimer: Hey, YOU! I AM NOT A LAWYER, Everything I say is my opinion based on MY EXPERIENCE.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The number on the NOA1 is a 'Receipt Number' as opposed to the 'Application Number' on the ASC notice (NOA2).

A line towards the bottom of the NOA reads:

"To view the status of your case, enter the application number found at the top of the ASC appointment notice. NOTE: The I-751 form type will be listed as "CRI89" under the application type in our case status on-line tool."

On a different note, an August 2007 VSC filer I know (who doesn't post here) got his GC in the mail about a month ago. His advice: Ignore the online processing dates...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.