Mohgli

I130 and k3 at consulate scenario

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Folks,

if nvc is preparing to forward both the i130 and k3 for an individual;

whats the way to request the embassy to consider the k3 interview as a CR1/IR1 interview? i remember reading some posts a while back but cant seem to find them. any of the experts can you please share your experiences and pointers to the discussions

thanks

M

Removal of Conditions I797C - Dec 7th 2010

FP Jan 14th 2011

approved May11th 2011

BEST WISHES!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

USCIS has been holding I-130 petitions in favor of the I-129F and only the K-3 gets processed through NVC and the consulate.

SEE: http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/PN_i-129f.pdf

The decision to do K-3 OR CR-1 needs to be made by you BEFORE filing the I-129F

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Did you ever go through the NVC process? Pay the AOS & IV Bills, and send in the I-864 & DS-230? If not, then no can do.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Did you ever go through the NVC process? Pay the AOS & IV Bills, and send in the I-864 & DS-230? If not, then no can do.

Diana

Right, until you can say yes to all that, you don't have a chance of seeing the two petitions at Consulate together.

If that does happen, you simply inform them but make sure you get the vaccinations required for an immigrant visa.

Chances are slim and none that you'll see your I-130 at NVC anyway.

If you want an immigrant visa, don't file an I-129F for spouse.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Diana

Right, until you can say yes to all that, you don't have a chance of seeing the two petitions at Consulate together.

If that does happen, you simply inform them but make sure you get the vaccinations required for an immigrant visa.

k let me try this again,

both my approvals have made its way to nvc, it hasn't been held back at USCIS or any other center.

so i guess its one of the CSC stuff.

in general forget my case, would it be possible to point me to old discussions where folks have been able to convince the consulate to consider the I-130 at their consulate for a later date in lieu on the scheduled K3?

thanks

M

FP Jan 14th 2011

approved May11th 2011

BEST WISHES!

Diana

k let me try this again,

both my approvals have made its way to nvc, it hasn't been held back at USCIS or any other center.

in general forget my case, would it be possible to point me to old discussions where folks have been able to convince the consulate to consider the I-130 at their consulate for a later date in lieu on the scheduled K3?

thanks

M

hello

My husband's K3 visa was on March 27, 2008 in Casablanca, Morocco

We filed the K1 one FIRST but the K3 just came to a head quicker....My lawyer emailed the NVC in regards to having 2 petitions so close to together and could they possibly INTERVIEW FOR PERMANENT instead of temporary to save time and expense...they didnt respond to it...AND when he went for his K3 interview he had a letter from the lawyer to them requesting the same favor and they disregarded it completely now...he got his K3 visa in hand :yes: exactly 2 weeks after AP ..and the same day we got his interview date for the CR1 (K1)visa...UNBELIEVABLE :huh:

this system will just drain you for every dollar and tear they can squeeze out of you

this is the big one and now he has to stay back in Morocco until after the results of his May 15, 2008 interview in Casablanca :(

oh by the way...any advice on the CR1..please share

GOOD LUCK TO ALL WAITING

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Diana

k let me try this again,

thanks

M

Your question was asked and answered. See the bolded above.

Read this to verify.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ost&id=6408

30. According to the LIFE Act, a K3 visa may be issued when "an immigrant visa is not immediately available to the alien." To maximize the

number of aliens who may benefit from the LIFE Act provisions, VO has determined that an immigrant visa is "available" only when the actual

approved I-130 petition has been received by the IV-issuing consular post. If the I-130 petition is at post, or the applicant has already been

interviewed and denied the IR1 by a consular officer, perhaps due to lack of the I-864 AOS, that applicant must proceed with IR1 processing

and may not choose to apply instead for the K3. If the I-130 petition remains at or is in transit from NVC, or the applicant has already

commenced K3 application (by returning Packet 3 forms) when the I-130 petition arrives at post, he/she may continue to process the K3

rather than switch to IR1 processing. K3 applicants may opt at any time to process as IR1s rather than continue the K3 application.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Diana

k let me try this again,

thanks

M

Your question was asked and answered. See the bolded above.

Read this to verify.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ost&id=6408

30. According to the LIFE Act, a K3 visa may be issued when "an immigrant visa is not immediately available to the alien." To maximize the

number of aliens who may benefit from the LIFE Act provisions, VO has determined that an immigrant visa is "available" only when the actual

approved I-130 petition has been received by the IV-issuing consular post. If the I-130 petition is at post, or the applicant has already been

interviewed and denied the IR1 by a consular officer, perhaps due to lack of the I-864 AOS, that applicant must proceed with IR1 processing

and may not choose to apply instead for the K3. If the I-130 petition remains at or is in transit from NVC, or the applicant has already

commenced K3 application (by returning Packet 3 forms) when the I-130 petition arrives at post, he/she may continue to process the K3

rather than switch to IR1 processing. K3 applicants may opt at any time to process as IR1s rather than continue the K3 application.

thanks a bunch

cheers

M

FP Jan 14th 2011

approved May11th 2011

BEST WISHES!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.