9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

hi there....there are probably some old threads here to help you out...but we had our interview

yesterday and you can't believe the stupid questions (they ask everybody)

Are you a prostitute? Do you pay for prostitutes?

Are you a communist? Do you belong to the communist party?

Do you plan on having more than 1 wife?

Do you think its okay to harm someone because of their race, creed, or religion?

Do you engage in illegal gambling?

She asked me if I believed Seyhan married me for a Greencard...of course I replied..

Absolutely NOT!!!

She also asked who was at our wedding...was his family there...does he have any family here;

if they approved of him marrying an American....

We were asked for pics, bank stuff...all the usual stuff...This girl was new and going by the book...

Thats pretty much it in a nutshell............I brought a complete copy of my AOS package, 2005 tax returns, pay stubs and letter of employment for me and Seyhan....wedding pics, proof of living together...

his and my passport, his EAD card. I think that was all..

Best of Luck to you!

Betty

05/02/06 AOS Approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
hi there....there are probably some old threads here to help you out...but we had our interview

Do you think its okay to harm someone because of their race, creed, or religion?

She asked me if I believed Seyhan married me for a Greencard...of course I replied..

Absolutely NOT!!!

She also asked who was at our wedding...was his family there...does he have any family here;

if they approved of him marrying an American....

We were asked for pics, bank stuff...all the usual stuff...This girl was new and going by the book...

Thats pretty much it in a nutshell............I brought a complete copy of my AOS package, 2005 tax returns, pay stubs and letter of employment for me and Seyhan....wedding pics, proof of living together...

his and my passport, his EAD card. I think that was all..

Best of Luck to you!

Betty

:wacko:

thank you... :thumbs: so I have to be ready for any question :o but It helps me a lot reading your experince.

I have more than a month for my interview but I'm already a little nervous, I know it's not a big deal because at this point I had one interview at the american embassy in my country and what I remember It was good.

TY again Betty

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

If you search this forum for the keyword "interview" you will find a lot of posts with interview experiences. They can vary widely -- depends on the officer who interviews you. Reading others' accounts is the best way to prepare.

Good luck at your interview!

09-02-2005 Applications for AOS, EAD, and AP received by MSC

10-21-2005 AOS fingerprint notice for 12-08-2005

11-07-2005 AP approved

12-05-2005 Infopass appt at San Jose office for interim EAD -- Refused, because it is already approved by MSC on 11-07-2005

12-07-2005 Attempt at interim EAD at San Francisco office -- no go. Back to San Jose, where CSO (chief station officer) tells they will contact MSC via email to request permission to issue interim EAD

12-08-2005 Biometrics for AOS and EAD. Having no EAD appt letter was no problem (used EAD NOA)

12-15-2005 EAD arrived in the mail

12-24-2005 Received interview letter; interview scheduled 03-01-2006

01-28-2006 Received replacement SSN card in married name (5 wks since application)

03-01-2006 AOS interview -- approved; received stamp in the passport

03-13-2006 Green card arrived in the mail

---

Filing for removal of conditions

Filed: Timeline

Betty,

You are describing the part of the interview where they are reviewing the information on I-485, confirming that the information provided is correct.

Just curious - do you also think it was stupid to have these questions on the I-485? Keep in mind that these are things identified in the INA that make a person ineligible.

Yodrak

Best of Luck to you!

Betty

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I think those questions - prostitution; gambling, communist, drugs etc. are asked to weed out the obviously stupid people! (Under room temp. IQ) :lol: Who will say yes to any of those? Really I think its just a formal list of questions that they ask to justify the need for the interview - and eventually the content of the interview and why someone was approved (I know of no one that has not been approved - of course most people on VJ seem to be genuine) - this can be done without pain and without costing money and time to anyone just on paper (and they do it for some people.) Don't worry it will be OK as it has been for thousands of us. Good luck

Edited by motu

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

• 1 month later...
Hi everybody!!!

tomorrow is my interview for my AOS.

wish me good luck ;)

Good luck!!!

Come back and share with us your experience! :)

DO: LOS ANGELES

04/24/09 - mailed N400

04/27/09 - N400 received

04/30/09 - NOA1 date

05/04/09 - NOA1 received

05/04/09 - check cashed

05/05/09 - touched

05/13/09 - walk-in biometrics

05/22/09 - biometrics schedule

06/02/09 - interview notice date

06/08/09 - received interview notice

07/30/09 - interview - PASSED :P

08/28/09 - Oath Ceremony

08/29/09 - Passport application

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Good luck!!!

Come back and share with us your experience! :)

I just wanna apologize for my brief story but yesterday jun 13 was a long day for Us

so I wanna give more details about our interview maybe It can help some others couples.

The interview started whit questions about me : what is my name? when I was born? where I am from? so what is my nationality? where I live ? then she asked me like 5 questions that You know the anwser is not, like have you ever traffic whit drugs? and finally she asked me about our relationship How we met? when? when we marry? where? what is my husband's name? when was my husband's b-day? and mine too? Then She started asking the same type of questions to my husband what is his name? where he lives? where he works?

We already gave her our IDs so she asked about any other document we could give her and she will keep them so we gave copies of our marriage certificate, the original of our bank accounts, and that was all. She said that I will receive my green card by mail in 4 or 6 weeks aprox. and everything was about 15 minutes.

Good luck to the couples who are going to have an interview soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.