Puravida4ver

Lengthy List of Required Inoculations

7 posts in this topic

So I have a long list of inoculations required for the visa appointment for my wife. Many of these were given to her in childhood. She doesn't have any documented proof. Come to think of it, I couldn't prove I had these same inoculations, though I did as well when I was a kid. Does the doctor sometimes waive some of the typical incolations if it's standard practice for children to receive those in that country? Or, is she going to need to to get ALL new shots for all that are listed? Just curious what other people have experienced or done in similar cirmustances.

Thank You,

Kelly.

Also, the NVC never sent her the appointment packet - the embassy told her to come and pick it up. Is that standard procedure?

Visa Approved May 21st, 2008.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Only a few for most in our age group.

Here is a better list of vaccinations by age: http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/pdf/ti-03/tbl1-cs-clrd.pdf

Note most of them can be tested for by a titer test, OR you can just get re-vaccinated.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
So I have a long list of inoculations required for the visa appointment for my wife. Many of these were given to her in childhood. She doesn't have any documented proof. Come to think of it, I couldn't prove I had these same inoculations, though I did as well when I was a kid. Does the doctor sometimes waive some of the typical incolations if it's standard practice for children to receive those in that country? Or, is she going to need to to get ALL new shots for all that are listed? Just curious what other people have experienced or done in similar cirmustances.

Thank You,

Kelly.

Also, the NVC never sent her the appointment packet - the embassy told her to come and pick it up. Is that standard procedure?

Here in the uk you can go to your doctors and they do a blood test to check what anitbodies you have and then will issue a vaccination certificate, may be worth finding out if that can be done.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The medical office for my medical exam emailed me a list of vaccinations and age groups. You only have to get the ones for your age group. So if its been 10 years since she had some of them, they might require her to get a booster shot. They also told me that if I dont have proof of an immunization, I can get a blood test done and bring the results to the examination as proof.

K-1 Process:

I-129F Sent : 2007-10-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-05

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-11

Interview Date : 2008-06-11

Visa Received : 2008-06-13

US Entry : 2008-06-16

applied for SSN: 2008-07-02

SSN arrived: 2008-07-21

Marriage : 2008-08-16

AOS/EAD/AP:

Mailed AOS pkg: 2008-09-06

pkg arrived: 2008-09-08

NOA1 issue date: 2008-09-11

received NOA1's: 2008-09-15

Biometrics letter: 2008-09-18

RFE email from CRIS: 2008-09-26

Bio appt in St.Paul: 2008-10-01

Received RFE: 2008-10-01 - for w-2s and joint sponsor Birth Cert.

Mailed RFE: 2008-10-18

Case resumed: 2008-10-22

Transferred to CSC: 2008-11-03

I-485 touches: 2008-11-04, 2009-01-12

EAD approved: 2008-11-18

AP approved: 2008-11-19

EAD, AP arrived: 2008-11-28

I-485 approved: 2009-02-12

GreenCard Recieved: 2009-02-20

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thank You,

Kelly.

Try sending a PM to people going through your embassy asking them this because in Colombia they also send a list of vaccines but only 3 are needed: MMR, TD and varicela. They can get them before the medical or the doctor at the medical can give them to your wife.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

For Costa Rica it is. I don't know if you realize how unreliable their postal system (if you wanna call it that) is. They don't have addresses there, so how is the postman supposed to find a house? :blink: Basically, the "address" people write on the envelope gets them in the area and if they know that recipient it's ok or if there's a phone number, they usually call for directions. If not, it just usually gets lost.

This is why the CR embassy prefers to call people to pick-up forms and documents. They will only mail things if they can't reach the beneficiary by phone.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.