VetsWife328

Had Interview in FRA yesterday

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

OK so we had our Interview in Frankfurt yesterday and it went somewhat wrong due to the K2 for my son......

My son's biologigal father is a USC whom I have never been married to,who never signed papers acknowleding the child r anything.........

Anyways,mistake numbe one was that I didn't bring my son to the Interview with me due to Info I had that kids unde the age of 14 do not have to attend the Interview....WRONG INFO-ALL CHILDREN TRAVELING WITH YOU OR FOLLOWING YOU HAVE TO ATTEND THE INTERVIEW REGARDLESS OF AGE,

and the big thing was that as I said my son's faher is a USC who is listed on my son's BC,so I was told that my boy might be ineligable for a Visa since he may be eligable for Citizenship.........

I got the green slip and was sent up to Citizenship Services,luckily I had Court Papers with me that explained that the USC father NEVER signed any papers for the child and has never acknowledged him as his child.Due to that my son has (as for right now) no claim to US Citizenship and can obtain a Visa for the USA.

The staff in FRankfurt was VERY nice ,understanding and helpful as well as fast.I had the no claim paper within 2 hours and the rescheduled our Interview for next Monday at 8am.

The Consul Officer told me they just need to see my son and kept all paperwork.So by Monday we will get our Visas.

But if anyone of you has a K2 child,MAKE SURE TO BRING IT WITH YOU FOR THE INTERVIEW!!!!!!!

Info on some embassy websites are missleading.

And make sure that if your child has a USC father/mother that the child's citizenship is crystal clear if you don't want to possibly be delayed for monthjs.That would have happened to us if I wouldn't have had Court Papers with me.

I'm sure not all Consulates are as helpful and nice as Frankfurt.

Natasha

Met on May 17,2005

Got engaged on Sep 15th,2006

Came to the US for good on Jan 27th,2009

and we got married on March 28th,2009

GOD , grant me the serenity

to accept the things I can not change

the courage to change the things I can

and the wisdom to know the difference!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Wow, that is a tricky situation, is everything going to work just fine then?

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Anyways,mistake numbe one was that I didn't bring my son to the Interview with me due to Info I had that kids unde the age of 14 do not have to attend the Interview....WRONG INFO-ALL CHILDREN TRAVELING WITH YOU OR FOLLOWING YOU HAVE TO ATTEND THE INTERVIEW REGARDLESS OF AGE,

The Consul Officer told me they just need to see my son and kept all paperwork.So by Monday we will get our Visas.

But if anyone of you has a K2 child,MAKE SURE TO BRING IT WITH YOU FOR THE INTERVIEW!!!!!!!

This is not true in all consulates...

The correct thing to say is as it relates to the Frankfurt consulate ALL CHILDREN TRAVELING WITH YOU OR FOLLOWING YOU HAVE TO ATTEND THE INTERVIEW REGARDLESS OF AGE.

YMMV

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Mensch Natasha,

habe dich gerade zufaellig gefunden. Ich hoffe am Montag geht alles klar und du kannst endlich zurueck nach USA.

Viel, viel Glueck.

Ilka

v34h.jpg

LhJUm4.png

pf2Rm4.png

7gOjm4.png?2CQ9jiXQ

Met on October 18, 1996 in a bar called "Calypso" in Richmond, Virginia, during my Au-Pair year

View complete Timeline:

Quick Facts:
02/23/2006 - sent I 129 to VSC (first step done!) 07/13/2006 - received Visa!
09/22/2006 - civil marriage in New York City
10/05/2006 - sent AOS papers to VSC
12/11/2006 - Welcome Letter and GREEN CARD in Mail!!!!!! Lets' party!!!!!
09/24/2008 - sent Removal of conditions package to VSC
07/02/2009 - received 10 year Green Card! YEAH!!!!! Finally!
2014 - Citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.