reginaait

I-34 avadavit of support

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello All

I just sent packet three with avadavit of support and was going back to double check that everything was correct. I was under the impression that if you made over 125% of the poverty level than a tax return was sufficient. Should I also send information from my banker and my bank statements? I dont have interview date yet and thought it would be good to be prepared......

regina :dance:

thanks in advance...

regina

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Well you need to do at least two of the 3 that are listed on the I-134. Providing bank information would put the icing on the cake if you are already above the poverty line. Just provide as much information as possible and you should be fine.

Good luck.

P.S. I hope I pass my 1-134 too, it can be a tricky thing especially when you're in college!

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Well you need to do at least two of the 3 that are listed on the I-134. Providing bank information would put the icing on the cake if you are already above the poverty line. Just provide as much information as possible and you should be fine.

Good luck.

P.S. I hope I pass my 1-134 too, it can be a tricky thing especially when you're in college!

Incorrect. You do not need to send anything else if you are over the 125% of poverty line. Relax and Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

If you meet the requirements on income alone you only need tax info, a letter from your employer and recent paystubs.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline

Good luck.

Incorrect. You do not need to send anything else if you are over the 125% of poverty line. Relax and Good Luck

Don't understand why it wouldn't hurt. If you have it why not show it?

Edited by BigCityDave

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

K1 Visa Petition

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(05-29-08)Interview Date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Good luck.

The more stuff you give them, the more stuff they can ask questions about. The rule with the COs is to keep it as short and simple as possible. Provide them with more stuff and you are opening yourself up to more questions.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

If you send a little more evidence because it makes you feel comfortable - that's good (mostly for your comfort). If you send in too much it can annoy the examiner - remember they are only going to spend 2 or 3 minutes with each candidate - they will ask you for things that you can give to them to support your case when asked for - no need to take a suitcase of evidence when a small folder will do. And why would you kill all these trees by using excessive documents and then copying them. But in the end, its your petition/visa and you do what makes you feel comfortable. Remember if you give bank/asset/real estate info, then you also need to provide documentation to back it up e.g. a bank statement showing the balance; a statement from the stock broker/mutual funds people showing the value of investments; a property tax notice and mortgage statement providing the value of your ownership - it seems an overkill when all they want to know is that you can support this extra person or persons.

Good Luck

Edited by motu

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Timeline

If you send a little more evidence because it makes you feel comfortable - that's good (mostly for your comfort). If you send in too much it can annoy the examiner - remember they are only going to spend 2 or 3 minutes with each candidate - they will ask you for things that you can give to them to support your case when asked for - no need to take a suitcase of evidence when a small folder will do. And why would you kill all these trees by using excessive documents and then copying them. But in the end, its your petition/visa and you do what makes you feel comfortable. Remember if you give bank/asset/real estate info, then you also need to provide documentation to back it up e.g. a bank statement showing the balance; a statement from the stock broker/mutual funds people showing the value of investments; a property tax notice and mortgage statement providing the value of your ownership - it seems an overkill when all they want to know is that you can support this extra person or persons.

Good Luck

Good point, thanks for the elaborative response.

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

K1 Visa Petition

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(05-29-08)Interview Date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
If you meet the requirements on income alone you only need tax info, a letter from your employer and recent paystubs.

What if you're well over the poverty line and send a letter from your employer, recent paystubs, a letter from your bank, but NOT tax info? Is that okay? :(

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.