xichdu

Bring sister to the usa

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I just want to bring my sister to the USA but she has different last name with me. We re the same father not mother. My sister's mother did not put my dady's last name on her birth certificate. What do i do before I am filling the I130. Also, Im USC but my father only has GREEN card. Who can bring my sister here quick. Thank you and good luck to all.

Edited by xichdu

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I just want to bring my sister to the USA but she has different last name with me. We re the same father not mother. My sister's mother did not put my dady's last name on her birth certificate. What do i do before I am filling the I130. Also, Im USC but my father only has GREEN card. Who can bring my sister here quick. Thank you and good luck to all.

neither is going to be quick....

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You need solid evidence your sister is your sister, birth cert proving that she is your sister will be needed.

Note Siblings take F4 visa priority, it will be a very long time before an immigrant visa number comes up.

DOS is working on sibling petitions filed JUL 97 and before. http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin...letin_3953.html

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline
You need solid evidence your sister is your sister, birth cert proving that she is your sister will be needed.

Note Siblings take F4 visa priority, it will be a very long time before an immigrant visa number comes up.

DOS is working on sibling petitions filed JUL 97 and before. http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin...letin_3953.html

birth certificat do not have my father name

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Does it have one common parent's name? Oh, I see the father is the common parent and his name is not on the certificate. You'll have to find some other kind of verification but I have no clue what that might be. Do you?

How old is your sister?

How soon will your father be a US Citizen?

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Does it have one common parent's name? Oh, I see the father is the common parent and his name is not on the certificate. You'll have to find some other kind of verification but I have no clue what that might be. Do you?

How old is your sister?

44 years old

He s sick now so i dont think he gets the citizen. Any clue to start. Thank you

Timeline

How old is your sister?

44 years old

He s sick now so i dont think he gets the citizen. Any clue to start. Thank you

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...&page=ussib

see this guide

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

I have almost the same case as your sister's case. My brother is US citizen. We have both same mother and father. My father was Green Card holder when he applied visa for us. My brother also applied for us at the same time. This process started on 1990. It ends up that my father became US citizen and our status converted to "sons to US citizen - F1 visa(?)". We came to USA with my father's visa application.

Long after we have come to US, my brother's application became actual, and we did get a notification from former INS, stated that our brother's visa application was ready. The visas were now ready for us.

In my opinion, your father's visa application is the fastest way to get your sister over here, if he can become an US citizen. I think he can start applying now even he only is a Green Card holder.

I hope my info has been a little help.

Good luck with your process.

2007K1

------------------------------

My timeline:

1st time we met: 05-19-2005

2nd time we met: 12-14-2006

I-129F sent: 05-01-2007

NOA1: 05-09-2007

NOA2: 09-29-2007

(145 days from NOA1 to NOA2)

NVC: 11/05/2007

(38 days from NOA2 to NVC)

NVC to Consulate: 12-10-2007

(35 days at NVC)

Consulate received NOA2: 12-12-2007

Consulate sent Package 3: 01-02-2008

Pick up Package 3: 01-28-2008

Consulate received Package 3: 01-28-2008

------------------------------

Timeline

I have almost the same case as your sister's case. My brother is US citizen. We have both same mother and father. My father was Green Card holder when he applied visa for us. My brother also applied for us at the same time. This process started on 1990. It ends up that my father became US citizen and our status converted to "sons to US citizen - F1 visa(?)". We came to USA with my father's visa application.

Long after we have come to US, my brother's application became actual, and we did get a notification from former INS, stated that our brother's visa application was ready. The visas were now ready for us.

In my opinion, your father's visa application is the fastest way to get your sister over here, if he can become an US citizen. I think he can start applying now even he only is a Green Card holder.

I hope my info has been a little help.

Good luck with your process.

2007K1

Thank you but my sister birth certificate dont have my father's last name because she put her current husbanh name on my sister's paper. I do not know what to do. I love my sister very much.

Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

From form I-130:

Who May File Form I-130?

2. If you are a lawful permanent resident of United States, you may file this form for:

A. Your husband or wife;

B. Your unmarried child under age 21;

C. Your unmarried son or daughter age 21 or older.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-130instr.pdf

So, yes father can file for daughter if she is unmarried.

This is F2B which is not much faster than F4 priority. If and when father becomes a citizen, he can get the petition upgraded to F1 priority which is 6 years waiting for visas.

SEE: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin...letin_3953.html

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

From form I-130:

Who May File Form I-130?

2. If you are a lawful permanent resident of United States, you may file this form for:

A. Your husband or wife;

This is F2B which is not much faster than F4 priority. If and when father becomes a citizen, he can get the petition upgraded to F1 priority which is 6 years waiting for visas.

Any path taken for a 44 year old family member will be a long one but this case has the added problem of no birth certificate showing a daughter or sister relationship to the father or sister in the US. A solution must be found for that before wasting time and money filing a petition.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

From form I-130:

Who May File Form I-130?

A. Your husband or wife;

Any path taken for a 44 year old family member will be a long one but this case has the added problem of no birth certificate showing a daughter or sister relationship to the father or sister in the US. A solution must be found for that before wasting time and money filing a petition.

I agree with Pushbrk. Its going to be hard.........both you and your half-sister share a father who is not on either one of your birth certificates.........I m thinking paternity test first OR DNA to link you and your sister. Before you waste any money filing for your sister, sort out the birth certificates first. The only way I would think how would be to go to your Bureau of Statistics/Office of Registrar of Births and Deaths or whatever they call them there and find a way to properly assign both parents of you and your half-sister on your individual birth certificates. If they have paternity tests there, this may give validation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.