9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey again to all,

Today my husband left Toronto to go back home. I am totally sad and it breaks my heart knowing that we are not going home together, kind of like that bitter-sweet. I loved that we were together celebrating our child's first birthday BUT he is gone and the process begins again for me.

I cant begin to explain how frustrated I am, as I am sure most are here, but the hope fades more and more and I start becoming VERY negative, thinking that this day that we will be a happy family will never come.

Months ago we spoke to a USCIS Rep and as I was quitely breaking down over the phone the "ASSURED" me that the point of USCIS is not to split families apart, but to bring them together. Ha, at that point I had to chuckle because, its quite the contrary--I know people on here that could not continue their relationship/marriage- I feel for them.

I am pissed and tired and I apologize for venting here, but there is no better place!!!

Thanks to all who listened and may light be with us on these dark days.

3493.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey again to all,

Today my husband left Toronto to go back home. I am totally sad and it breaks my heart knowing that we are not going home together, kind of like that bitter-sweet. I loved that we were together celebrating our child's first birthday BUT he is gone and the process begins again for me.

I cant begin to explain how frustrated I am, as I am sure most are here, but the hope fades more and more and I start becoming VERY negative, thinking that this day that we will be a happy family will never come.

Months ago we spoke to a USCIS Rep and as I was quitely breaking down over the phone the "ASSURED" me that the point of USCIS is not to split families apart, but to bring them together. Ha, at that point I had to chuckle because, its quite the contrary--I know people on here that could not continue their relationship/marriage- I feel for them.

I am pissed and tired and I apologize for venting here, but there is no better place!!!

Thanks to all who listened and may light be with us on these dark days.

I am right there with you. A lot of us are.

We really need to do something

You are almost at your 180 days. When you get there you need to raise a stink. Call your congressman everyday.

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

i completely feel your angst and frustration. I can't even imagine what a horrible person I'll become to deal with in the next 4-5 months if my approval doesn't come through. (working for a wall street firm doesn't help). i am anxious by nature, so patience has a tough time entering my mindset.

i hope for all of us that USCIS gets their act together and hire more people to speed up the processing. it's outrageous and in my rule it would be unlawful to keep loved ones apart for so long just because of 'paperwork' and 'background checks'.

hang in there...won't be too long before you get your approval.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

You filed in the middle of that flood of applicants, and everyone was slow.

From reading the other timelines, it seems to be going faster now, but that doesn't help you I know.

Based on the average timelines, you should get NOA2 very soon.

Are you prepared for NVC, have all your paper work and documents ready to mail?

You can't speed up USCIS phase, but you CAN at least not slow down NVC.

Read James' shortcut on the wiki, and even if you don't use his shortcuts, fill out all the forms ahead of time, and gather all the documents you need. Then when asked for, the american spouse can immediately mail them in.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Jame%27s_Shortcut

I made it thru NVC in just under 3 months because I was prepared.

6 months in USCIS, 3 months in NVC, 1 month for interview.. You could be together by August.

So, keep optimistic, plan ahead, and stay busy.

If it makes you feel better, my wife is in China, so the travel costs are large, and there is only one US consulate in all of China (1.3 billion people) that does interviews. They are (of course backlogged) so after waiting for the long USA wait for approval, we get ANOTHER 4-5 months of waiting for the US consulate in China to open our paperwork in their mail ! (Yeah I am a little bitter :( )

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I feel your pain and completely admire all the people on here who have been waiting months just for the first approval. I would go bat #### crazy if it's another year before I see my husband. :o

Edited by Rocketta

MY HOT ARAB HUBBY!!

dreamy_Riyad-2.jpg2615261345_a42ed1904a.jpg

No one tell the hubby! Oh wait I already told HIM! :)

Let's all send gifts to the service centers -- cookies, snacks, fruit, etc. and sign the card "K3 & CR1 applicants" and see if they start liking us better than those pesky K1s. ;)

Sent I-130 to VT 25-Oct-2007

I-130 Moved to California 6-August-2008

My petition has been in 3 states (1, twice) in 9 months!

Rec'd by CSC 8/9, touched 8/11, 8/12, 8/15, 8/20, 8/25

Approved Tuesday, 25-August-2008

10 months since we mailed the petition

Rec'd NVC 9/3, Invoice Generated 9/10, DS-3032 emailed 9/11.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

IV Invoiced 9/18, paid online 9/19, Accepted as paid 9/22

DS-230 sent 10/2

Case complete @NVC 10/8 - 11 months, 1 week and 6 days

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

[X] Passed [ ] Failed Interview

Thursday, April 2, 2009 Activated Visa - 1 year, 5 months, 1 week and 1 day

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Let's all send gifts to the service centers -- cookies, snacks, fruit, etc. and sign the card "K3 & CR1 applicants" and see if they start liking us better than those pesky K1s. ;)

hahaha i would do it

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the replies and all the advice.

Thanks to Credzba and your situation doesn't make me feel better because I understand what it feels like being away from your love.

Truth is, I am genuinely happy when someone passes their interview at the consulate, however, I am deeply hurt when someone does not acquire their visa.

That is why I like this website, people are here to help and make this journey less stressful, and I truly appreciate that.

Ms. Z- lol

Good luck and to all, stay blessed

3493.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.