Heracles

Girls Attack - Film Teen's Beating

55 posts in this topic

I guess the internet facilitates this sort of behaviour. Bullying in schools is nothing new either - but when you can do it online or by cell phone and get away with it, its a different kettle of fish to the typical "in your face stuff" playground stuff.

For kids, teachers and parents I guess its a whole new set of challenges.

Don't you think it comes down to discipline. Well probably not..

Two girls confronted Lindsay when she walked in, yelling and threatening her, an arrest report showed. Another girl struck her in the head several times and then slammed her head into the bedroom wall, knocking her unconscious.

It comes down to the fact that we are raising, and or permitting, a generation of kids who really don't give a #### about others. I would guess that harming this person and filming it with the idea of putting it on youtube proves just that. I mean if I dared do that to someone else my parnets would have thrown me out. Yet one of the accused kids mother basically defended her child.

But the mother of one of the girls said that Lindsay had provoked the other teens by threatening and insulting them on MySpace
Edited by Boo-Yah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I guess the internet facilitates this sort of behaviour. Bullying in schools is nothing new either - but when you can do it online or by cell phone and get away with it, its a different kettle of fish to the typical "in your face stuff" playground stuff.

Don't you think it comes down to discipline. Well probably not..

Two girls confronted Lindsay when she walked in, yelling and threatening her, an arrest report showed. Another girl struck her in the head several times and then slammed her head into the bedroom wall, knocking her unconscious.

It comes down to the fact that we are raising, and or permitting, a generation of kids who really don't give a #### about others. I would guess that harming this person and filming it with the idea of putting it on youtube proves just that. I mean if I dared do that to someone else my parnets would have throuwn me out. Yet one of the accused kids mother basically defended her child.

But the mother of one of the girls said that Lindsay had provoked the other teens by threatening and insulting them on MySpace

I have no idea about the parental or behavioural background of these kids. Neither do you.

I have no idea about the parental or behavioural background of these kids. Neither do you.

I guess this is where you and I will never ever see eye to eye. I don't really care about their background/ history etc etc. They had the guts to commit such a vicious crime against another person so now they should pay the consequences for it.

By filming it clearly these teenagers knew what they where doing.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Well there are mental disorders and behavioural disorders. Not always the same thing - but then again I'm no expert on pyschiatry or cognitive science.

Neither am I an expert on "parenting", nor do I pretend to be.

As I say its interesting that you're so outraged by this - given the threat you posted on here the other week. To borrow one of Dev's stock phrases - its the pot calling the kettle black.

agreed....it is an old issue brother 6...where reinfocement as a group..can lkead to a group cohesion that neg. behavior is okay and in fact, acceptable...allot of the kids are on their way to personality disorders diagnossi as adults...

and in fact, most are labelled as oppositional-defiant

Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)

What is it?

ODD is a psychiatric disorder that is characterized by two different sets of problems. These are aggressiveness and a tendency to purposefully bother and irritate others. It is often the reason that people seek treatment. When ODD is present with ADHD, depression, tourette's, anxiety disorders, or other neuropsychiatric disorders, it makes life with that child far more difficult. For Example, ADHD plus ODD is much worse than ADHD alone, often enough to make people seek treatment. The criteria for ODD are:

A pattern of negativistic, hostile, and defiant behavior lasting at least six months during which four or more of the following are present:

1. Often loses temper

2. often argues with adults

3. often actively defies or refuses to comply with adults' requests or rules

4. often deliberately annoys people

5. often blames others for his or her mistakes or misbehavior

6. is often touchy or easily annoyed by others

7. is often angry and resentful

8. is often spiteful and vindictive

The disturbance in behavior causes clinically significant impairment in social, academic, or occupational functioning.

Absolutely. Lets couple brain imaging to behavioral problems and I guarantee you'll notice the detrimental effect of environmental cues to building these behavioral outbursts. Over time the rage explodes much like a cornered dog, to make an analogy.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Timeline

I guess this is where you and I will never ever see eye to eye. I don't really care about their background/ history etc etc. They had the guts to commit such a vicious crime against another person so now they should pay the consequences for it.

We'll never see eye to eye because you're constantly misunderstand and misrepresenting what I write.

I said, specifically that I do not think these kids should be let off without punishment. Lets try again - a little slower this time.

First:

I

Don't

Think

There

Is

Any

Excuse

That

Justifies

This

Behavior

Second:

Yes.

They.

Should.

Be.

Punished.

Hope that cleared up any misunderstanding for you.

If we want to talk reasons - I'm all for that. The difference, as usual, seems to be that you want to post these articles as though they validate your preconceived notions of "bad parenting".

My personal opinion is that there is and has always been good, bad and indifferent parenting. I do think however, that technological developments in communications technologies (cell phones, the internet etc) which have changed radically over the last 10 years and are now widely available does change the way people interact socially and it introduces a new potential set of problems for students and educators.

But then again - don't take my word for it. I'm sure there's a teacher or two on VJ.

Edited by Number 6

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one does not need to film something like this to know what they are doing is wrong.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

If we want to talk reasons - I'm all for that. The difference, as usual, seems to be that you want to post these articles as though they validate your preconceived notions of "bad parenting".

My personal opinion is that there is and has always been good, bad and indifferent parenting. I do think however, that technological developments in communications technologies (cell phones, the internet etc) which have changed radically over the last 10 years and are now widely available does change the way people interact socially and it introduces a new potential set of problems for students and educators.

But then again - don't take my word for it. I'm sure there's a teacher or two on VJ.

Seriously, how many of these cases do I need to post before you recognize a problem? How many school shootings have there been abroad by teenagers in the past 5 years in comparison to the US?

While I don't know the cause I can clearly see a pattern. Especially when you have parents coming out and basically excusing their kids actions. I see it all the time in the malls etc where the kids have this stupid bad-### look on their face. I don't know about your upbringing but this sort of #### would certainly not fly with my folks.

one does not need to film something like this to know what they are doing is wrong.

I was pointing out that these kids were deliberately filming their actions to put it on the net for others to see. Almost as a trophy.

Edited by Boo-Yah!

The girl at the top right looks like she could pass for Patricia Krenwinkel .

funny, but i thought that too... and the mentality is the same as her "family's" was

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

Timeline

Seriously, how many of these cases do I need to post before you recognize a problem? How many school shootings have there been abroad by teenagers in the past 5 years in comparison to the US?

While I don't know the cause I can clearly see a pattern. Especially when you have parents coming out and basically excusing their kids actions. I see it all the time in the malls etc where the kids have this stupid bad-### look on their face. I don't know about your upbringing but this sort of #### would certainly not fly with my folks.

The disagreement, I think, is over what those problems are. I'm not going out of my way to deny bad parenting. As I say - it exists and has always existed. In addition to that however, we have new problems, or more accurately, new forms of old problems facilitated by technology (among other things).

I was just watching the news and I noticed how the girls arrested where actually worried whether they will miss cheer leading practice and whether they will be able to make it to the beach.

I wish these sluts tried this with someone like my younger sister. I would beat all six so bad that even their DNA would be unrecognizable let alone their faces.

Edited by Boo-Yah!

I was just watching the news and I noticed how the girls arrested where actually worried whether they will miss cheer leading practice and whether they will be able to make it to the beach.

I wish these sluts tried this with someone like my younger sister. I would beat all six so bad that even their DNA would be unrecognizable let alone their faces.

yikes, sounds like a TOV (threat of violence)

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

yikes, sounds like a TOV (threat of violence)

It's called a

468325_SPINE_CURVES_OF.jpg

Good luck with that.

I definitely know who to hire if I need BS excuses in court.

Edited by Boo-Yah!