sarahaziz

When he comes...

27 posts in this topic

What did everybody on here stock up on or what special things did you guys get for your Spouses before they came? I want my spouse to come here and have things ready for him how he had them ready when i came. It's a nice feeling when you have alot of new stuff waiting for you. I just don't know where to start!

I don't know what "american" snacks to stock up on that would fit his old man taste! He likes the most weird foods. Any suggestions?

Did anybody buy their spouses clothing?

Jewelry? A new Wedding band? a watch?

Shoes? Boxers? Pajamas?

Any ideas what to have ready for him? I'm clueless when it comes to shopping for men :wacko:

How did/do you guys have the room ready for them? :unsure::help:

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I have hanging in his closet a fleece pullover, a winter coat and a few other things that my dad donated like sweaters, etc. Things for winter basically that he doesn't have there. Also in his bureau I got him some flannel pj's and a couple of jeans with flannel on the inside.

For food he didn't want anything special so I'm looking through some soup recipes for the night he comes since I think soup is very comforting after a long travel session. :) Other than that I'll stock up on his 7Up, pita bread, pickled veggies that I made homemade and are to die for!, lamb chops, rice, etc. etc.

For toiletries I have shaving cream, a razor, some men's aftershave from Bath and Body Works and a deoderant stick.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Timeline

I bought him razors, shaving cream, toothbrush and new cologne. I didn't buy him any clothes cuz I figured we could shop for that later so he could pick stuff out.

I bought enough food for a few days so we wouldn't have to go out if he didn't feel like it. I didn't really buy anything special. Meat, bread, ice cream, snacks, cola, veg, fruit, cheeses, etc.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
What did everybody on here stock up on or what special things did you guys get for your Spouses before they came? I want my spouse to come here and have things ready for him how he had them ready when i came. It's a nice feeling when you have alot of new stuff waiting for you. I just don't know where to start!

I don't know what "american" snacks to stock up on that would fit his old man taste! He likes the most weird foods. Any suggestions?

Did anybody buy their spouses clothing?

Jewelry? A new Wedding band? a watch?

Shoes? Boxers? Pajamas?

Any ideas what to have ready for him? I'm clueless when it comes to shopping for men :wacko:

How did/do you guys have the room ready for them? :unsure::help:

So far,I bought him some AXE bodywash and deodorant,a heavy sweatshirt (I know he'll think it's freezing here).I didn't bother buying any jeans for him because he gained weight this year.He is already wearing the watch and chain I brought him last year.I'll worry about the rest of that stuff when he gets here.

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Not clothes. My husband is picky about choosing his own clothes.

I will have food items...But he is easy to please.

As for a room ready for him???? Since we are married, we'll share a room. But at this point, since I am on a razors edge about whether or not his case will be approved/when it will be approved/will I go to see him/will I be employed in the next months/ - I have NOT BOUGHT ANYTHING FOR THE APARTMENT OR BEDROOM.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I had some seasonal clothes waiting for him, cause in October u never know what wisconsin is going to gives us. But he bought all his personal effects, i did have some shaving cream and razors for him. And some men's body wash. We went shopping for the food stuffs together cause he is very picky about his food.

Consulate : Morocco

I-129F Sent : 2007-03-16

129F NOA1 : 2007-03-23

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-07-30

Interview Date : 2007-09-06

Visa Received : 2007-09-17

US Entry : 2007-10-15

Marriage : 2007-10-20

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2007-11-25

NOA Date : 2007-11-29

Bio. Appt. : 2007-12-21

Interview Date : 2008-03-12

Approval / Denial Date : 2008-04-02

Approved : Yes

Greencard Received: 2008-04-13

Employment Authorization Document

Date Filed : 2007-11-25

NOA Date : 2007-11-29

Approved Date : 2008-01-28

Date Card Received : 2008-02-01

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I bought toothpaste/toothbrush, basic toiletries (shaving supplies, antiperspirant) a few articles of clothing, socks, undies. I didn't go overboard on the clothes because I knew he'd want to shop for himself, and I was also guessing a lot there. I got snacks and drinks that I already knew he liked, food he recognized, a few new things for him to try. While I was at the airport, my sister dropped off a fresh veggie plate, including olives from the Fresh Market and hummus, and that went over very well. Main thing was to have the place clean, a comfortable place for him to sleep, and enough clothes to get through the first few days because he didn't bring many clothes. There was a soccer ball waiting for him, and he was very happy to see that. He bought a bicycle shortly after he arrived so he wouldn't be so trapped at home when I was at work. If your public transportation is decent (ours isn't), a map and a multiple-ride card might be a good idea. I was afraid the tap water might make him ill before he got used to it, so I put a filter on the kitchen tap, but he never seemed to have any trouble. His family had internet at home, so he was able to see them on cam from the beginning. We recently bought a free-to-air satellite system, and he can watch a couple of Moroccan channels, one Algerian, several other Middle Eastern without a subscription. That helps him with the boredom.

He liked things very simple and very familiar when he first arrived. I wanted to show him everything, but he said we had our whole lives for that. There were foods he did NOT like when he arrived that he really likes now. He had zero interest in the public library when he arrived, but now he likes it there. Lots of things like that, and all of that was due to things being so overwhelming in the beginning. He couldn't tell the houses apart at all, which I couldn't understand (but it was the same for me in Morocco). He "saw" new things as he became accustomed to what was around him, learned what he liked and didn't like.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Not clothes. My husband is picky about choosing his own clothes.

I will have food items...But he is easy to please.

As for a room ready for him???? Since we are married, we'll share a room. But at this point, since I am on a razors edge about whether or not his case will be approved/when it will be approved/will I go to see him/will I be employed in the next months/ - I have NOT BOUGHT ANYTHING FOR THE APARTMENT OR BEDROOM.

I know I got the same thing - i cant even know if he's approved its premature to think about this stuff before they get the visa and it hurts like a b**** when months go by without the plans getting executed. Sarah I suggest a nice sweater/sweatshirt/light jacket, cause he will feel cold here. New bedsheets, nice romantic colors. Shaving kits, electric if he likes. Since his taste is a bit mature, then tortilla chips are good to keep and crackers for snacking. This is in addition to hearty food and his particular favorites of coarse! Get some calling cards for him too. Socks, sleepwear. Some new recipies for things he might like. Ya and make the room nice and romantic too, flower vases, etc. It will be so sweet. I was thinking about bed sheets for me especially, the soft silky kind are nice.

Tammy (F)

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

i bought all his favorite fruits, veggies, drinks, etc so that we also didn't have to go shopping for a few days and could stay in if we wanted.

as far as anything else? nada. we went shopping after he arrived and he bought things he wanted for himself. unfortunately the airline lost his baggage so we had to replace everything!

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Sleeping on an air mattress.

Tammy,

You can't imagine how I hold back on buying stuff (but I am always mentally shopping). I am still sleeping on an air mattress that partially deflates every night. I have to re-inflate it daily. But I can't buy a bed since I am not sure king, queen and hardness of mattress.

My spouse is not picky about clothes at all he likes the typical "arab" style, All armani, Versace, some puma, nike, etc.. He's exactly like me all about name brand stuff and lookin good. I guess I can stock up on clothes and stuff just don't know the dang shoe size probably isnt a good idea anyways.

Cologne was a good idea thank u so much for that HE ALWAYS smells so good and manly. Any good names of colognes for men??? Something sexxxxy smelling.

Tammy you are just like me my dad got his maghrebi friend to bring me back this sexy set and pillows and all that they have a furniture importing company. It has arabic designs and stuff and the sheets are egyptian cotten soooo soft. I like the silky sheets idea though probably gonna have to get some of those :devil:

Any other suggestions anybody?

You know what I actually just thought of something good to have if you like playing games. Like we love playing this dominos game back home it's a favorite cultural game with double sized dominos. If you're not familiar with the game you can ask your spouse to teach you. You can make new rules too :devil::content: for the loser It's such a good idea with my spouse along with a coffee maker in my room ^_^

Sleeping on an air mattress.

Tammy,

You can't imagine how I hold back on buying stuff (but I am always mentally shopping). I am still sleeping on an air mattress that partially deflates every night. I have to re-inflate it daily. But I can't buy a bed since I am not sure king, queen and hardness of mattress.

I hear ya honey. I hear ya. If he were to see our room now he'd be like damn a dump...lol so upon getting any sort of confirmation, its POWER-SHOPPING time!

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.