coyote

Political Organizing to Protest USCIS Delays

123 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

As stated in a different thread I actually emailed the immigration report correspondent from the New York Times, Ms. Julia Preston.

I urge you all to do the same, maybe someone somewhere can shed some light through the media in regards to our plight.

Timeline

I believe something should be done to relieve the load of work on the CSC areas (which I noticed are the high-volume immigration states; AZ, CA, WA, OR etc.) but until then, I guess we cannot do anything but wait.

Oh and one more thing, if you're looking to send an email to Ms. Preston, here's how. Just click on the little link in the page that says "Send an E-Mail toJulia Preston".

Filed: Other Timeline
As stated in a different thread I actually emailed the immigration report correspondent from the New York Times, Ms. Julia Preston.

I urge you all to do the same, maybe someone somewhere can shed some light through the media in regards to our plight.

You mailed your case on Monday.

What is your plight?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Made the comment to my wife it was a shame we didn't meet twenty years ago, but we were even close to meeting before 9/11, just didn't work out that way. Found some of the same immigration forms on the net prior to the DHS, actually were written in English and I could easily understand all the questions.

The key problem and has been a long time problem is that each agency has it's own king and namely the CIA couldn't listen to the FBI to prevent 9/11, so the solution was to start up yet another government agency, like that solves problems, we already have 1,526 agencies, and even our congressman don't even know what's going on. Heaven help you if you are in manufacturing and have to deal with agencies, explains why our jobs first went to Mexico then China.

So why was the INS jammed under the DHS, and why were incompetent people put in charge? Okay, so they helped with the campaign, so give them a couple of bucks and have them stay home, so at least they wouldn't be doing damage. We think we are electing one guy to run this country, but not much is said about that one guy bringing in another 10,000 to run this country, we have to learn how to live with that. Putting that woman governor in charge of the EPA was a bad joke, she didn't know the difference between a can of salt and some critical acid, but yet she was put in charge. Maybe that is why my company is now in China.

Our Senator Feingold was the only one to vote against the American Patriot Act, because he read it. That caused me to read it as well, about a hundred pages long of some unbelievable stuff. Was asked why I didn't put my wife on my saving account during our initial interview, showed her bank letters where I tried but couldn't, this quiet 5' 3" 120 pound woman was treated like a terrorist. Give her a green card, then you will find her on my savings account, sent that in with our I-751 application. We have to make yet another 450 mile round trip next week for the N-400 fingerprints, this is the 3rd time!

They already have a stack of information on my wife, daughter, and myself from the time we were born, well over an inch thick with many of the sheets, I had to pay 50 bucks a page for to have it legally translated and certified. If we are all going through that, they surely have a load of paperwork.

Somebody here teed off those 26 terrorists, it sure wasn't you or me, but we are sure paying the price, and they did a strip search on my wife and daughter when they first came here wrecking their luggage and losing some stuff, had to wait four hours and they wouldn't let me in. In one instance we were so happy to be back together again, in another, I was steaming mad ready to kill.

And why so many armed guards at any field office and is there anything in there really worth while taking a picture of? A lot of things going on today do not make sense in a country at one time in my life I was willing to lay my life down for, but that is forgotten. And I really don't like draft dodgers running this country, especially spoiled rich kids that had better breaks in life than I did. But we have to deal with it.

You also have to be very careful with your letters to the editor, if you step on the wrong toes, may find you are in for a stiff tax audit, they may not find anything, but sure can make your life miserable for two years with lots of expenses for a tax attorney and an accountant. So much for freedom of speech.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
What I am having difficulty with is you are saying that despite passing the processing of these security clearances (as a requirement for much of the list of 26) it should be pretty much ok to continue to scrutinize after they enter the US, just dont scrutinize those other countries which you assume are "safe".

For the record - the mortgage issues, etc that have been discussed had nothing to do with contry of origin - its just more "par for the course" for having a relationship with a non USC.

Contact some lobbyists if its unliveable for you. Thats the only way to enact change.

No where have I said that it is ok to scrutinize anyone legally coming into the U.S. All I have said is that I understand that if you come to this country from one on the U.S. government's watch list, then you are already looked at differently (by the government), and will likely be scrutinized (by the government) through the path to citizenship (especially in interviews, background checks, etc). It's not ok, but anyone who doesn't think it happens is joking himself or herself.

I did not come up with the list and don't condone it. However, if the government is steadfast in its reasoning for why certain countries are labelled as sponsoring terrorism, I don't think all other countries should pay the price. And, if my fiancee was coming from a country on the list and was being persecuted solely for that, I'd be contacting my congressman about it.

12-14-07 Sent K-1 petition

12-17-07 Received NOA1

01-06-08 Got engaged!!!

02-21-08 NOA2 Approved

02-27-08 NVC processed petition

02-28-08 Received NOA2 in mail

03-03-08 Consulate in Rio de Janeiro received petition

03-21-08 Received packet for interview

04-22-08 Visa Interview and Visa APPROVED!

05-06-08 Visa received in mail

07-28-08 Wedding Date (Reception was 26th, but forgot to reigster for MC...oops)

10-04-08 Applied for AOS (EAD and AP also)

10-09-08 NOA1 for I-485

10-27-08 I-485 transferred to CSC

11-04-08 I-485 Biometrics appointment

11-13-08 NOA1 for EAD

12-09-08 EAD Biometrics appointment

01-08-09 AP Approved

01-13-09 AP Received

Cost of 3 roundtrip tickets to Brazil in last 3 years...... $2,900+

Cost of filing petitions for K-1 visa & AOS.................... $1,465+

Cost of monthly calling cards to Brazil........................$20

Cost of marrying the woman of my dreams.... PRICELESS

.png

What I am having difficulty with is you are saying that despite passing the processing of these security clearances (as a requirement for much of the list of 26) it should be pretty much ok to continue to scrutinize after they enter the US, just dont scrutinize those other countries which you assume are "safe".

For the record - the mortgage issues, etc that have been discussed had nothing to do with contry of origin - its just more "par for the course" for having a relationship with a non USC.

Contact some lobbyists if its unliveable for you. Thats the only way to enact change.

No where have I said that it is ok to scrutinize anyone legally coming into the U.S. All I have said is that I understand that if you come to this country from one on the U.S. government's watch list, then you are already looked at differently (by the government), and will likely be scrutinized (by the government) through the path to citizenship (especially in interviews, background checks, etc). It's not ok, but anyone who doesn't think it happens is joking himself or herself.

I did not come up with the list and don't condone it. However, if the government is steadfast in its reasoning for why certain countries are labelled as sponsoring terrorism, I don't think all other countries should pay the price. And, if my fiancee was coming from a country on the list and was being persecuted solely for that, I'd be contacting my congressman about it.

Maybe we should make up a list for all the countries so you can feel better about being 'persecuted' inadvertently.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Statistically from this forum it sure looks like some countries get better treatment, than others

Here is my story. I've lived problem free life, payed my taxes. One day I decided to marry this girl. But to do so would require her to come to US of A, and so it started. My problem free live turned in to free problems from USCIS! Sure things turned to unsure, certain dates turned to aproximation within months. All logical thinking was out the door, as I filed my papers withing famous Vermont Centre!

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Date Package Received By NVC : 09-05-08

-- Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 09-11-08

-- Pay I-864 Bill :09-11-08

-- Receive I-864 Package :09-15-08

-- Return I-864 Package :09-16-08

-- Return Completed DS-3032 :09-11-08

-- Receive IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Pay IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Receive Instruction Package :09-17-08

-- Case Completed at NVC :10-16-08

Date Package Left From NVC :10-31-08

Date Received By Consulate :11-05-08

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4):11-25-08

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):12/08/08

Date IR-1/CR-1 Visa Received :12-11-08

Date of US Entry :12-17-08

Timeline

What is your plight?

I have no plight at the moment in regards to the timeline. The timeline is right now NOT my main concern. I know that one day I will be under the same blanket of super-long waits at the CSC, though.

HOWEVER;

I am also concerned for other K-1 CSC filers like myself, and K-3 VSC filers. What I did was NOT complain about the difference in time it takes right now for an application to go through, but rather shed some light on the current situation and alert people who actually KNOWS these trends (because it's their job).

Timeline

Maybe we should make up a list for all the countries so you can feel better about being 'persecuted' inadvertently.

Wow. I would expect nothing less from you after reading some of your other posts. Maybe try reading a post with an open mind instead of looking to criticize everyone elses. I will let other members read what I wrote and judge for themselves.

12-17-07 Received NOA1

01-06-08 Got engaged!!!

02-21-08 NOA2 Approved

07-28-08 Wedding Date (Reception was 26th, but forgot to reigster for MC...oops)

10-09-08 NOA1 for I-485

11-13-08 NOA1 for EAD

01-08-09 AP Approved

01-13-09 AP Received

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

What is your plight?

I have no plight at the moment in regards to the timeline. The timeline is right now NOT my main concern. I know that one day I will be under the same blanket of super-long waits at the CSC, though.

HOWEVER;

I am also concerned for other K-1 CSC filers like myself, and K-3 VSC filers. What I did was NOT complain about the difference in time it takes right now for an application to go through, but rather shed some light on the current situation and alert people who actually KNOWS these trends (because it's their job).

You're absolutely right. I thought the comment was way out of line. The system is very much broken, and we need intelligent people who are being proactive.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Wow. I would expect nothing less from you after reading some of your other posts. Maybe try reading a post with an open mind instead of looking to criticize everyone elses. I will let other members read what I wrote and judge for themselves.

AGREED! Right ON, you said a mouth full! You are so correct in everything you just said! :thumbs:

Timeline

P&K,

You will learn to ignore some users on the site. Don't let any one person's comments bring you down. I only wish I could learn to ignore some other members' absurd comments. Maybe one day...

12-17-07 Received NOA1

01-06-08 Got engaged!!!

02-21-08 NOA2 Approved

10-09-08 NOA1 for I-485

11-13-08 NOA1 for EAD

01-08-09 AP Approved

01-13-09 AP Received

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

AGREED, you are completely correct, there is a pattern. And if you will notice it is always one of the visa free waiver EU type countries that gets special treatment and whisked right on through the process quite often on this website. Now watch me get bombed and attacked for speaking the truth, get ready here it comes. :whistle:

Statistically from this forum it sure looks like some countries get better treatment, than others

RJ's AOS experience was quite long if you'll take the time to look at her timeline. So much for "visa free waiver EU countries" :blink: and that special treatment.

How was that for a 'bomb and attack'? :lol:

SA4userbar.jpg

I think if other members read what you wrote (say members from the T26 nations) they could find quite a bit of affrontery with it. Which is where I am coming from.

You're pipe dreaming when you say people who come into this country shouldn't be scrutinized. If you DO want John Q. Public to take your side, you surely should put that idea aside. When my husband was first caught in his lengthy namecheck, I had many a USC tell me that was fine by them that the government was performing thorough checks on immigrants.

You also seem to be more than circling yourself when you say people who are from T26 should realize they are being checked, as if they should just learn to deal with it. And further go on to say that your immigrant shouldn't be subjected to checks just because T26 citizens are. What kind of nonsense is that?

You can call my comment criticism if you like. The fact of the matter is that your fiance doesn't deserve a free pass just because she's from a certain part of the world. Personally, I think your comments are rude. Yes, let other readers decide for themselves.

You haven't been in this process long enough to criticize it. All you have is an opinion. Study up a bit longer and then come back to me with your bias. I think it's disgusting.

AGREED, you are completely correct, there is a pattern. And if you will notice it is always one of the visa free waiver EU type countries that gets special treatment and whisked right on through the process quite often on this website. Now watch me get bombed and attacked for speaking the truth, get ready here it comes. :whistle:

One of these days you're going to step in that big pile of $hit you keep spewing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.