vaccination list

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

hello,

can anybody tell me where i can find the most up to date list of the vaccinations required?? i know there has been a big dicsussion about Gardasil going on on several forums, and i've read a couple of times it IS required for AOS.

The US Embassy gave me a list of vaccination for immigrant visas and it's not on there, but then they also send me an DS-230 from that expired in 2004 :bonk: (they're not too much up to date seems, no??), so i was wondering if i can find it somewhere online...

i just would like to get everything done before i leave...

thanks in advance

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

thanks for the reply,

i found the list on your link. my problem is in the following:

they say "Any other vaccinations recommended by the Advisory Committee for Immunization Practices (ACIP)" . even though HPV isnt on the listof USCIS, the ACIP does recommend it on their website

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/r..._cid=rr5602a1_e

Catch-Up Vaccination of Females Aged 13--26 Years

Vaccination also is recommended for females aged 13--26 years who have not been previously vaccinated or who have not completed the full series. Ideally, vaccine should be administered before potential exposure to HPV through sexual contact; however, females who might have already been exposed to HPV should be vaccinated. Sexually active females who have not been infected with any of the HPV vaccine types would receive full benefit from vaccination. Vaccination would provide less benefit to females if they have already been infected with one or more of the four vaccine HPV types. However, it is not possible for a clinician to assess the extent to which sexually active persons would benefit from vaccination, and the risk for HPV infection might continue as long as persons are sexually active. Pap testing and screening for HPV DNA or HPV antibody are not needed before vaccination at any age.

so HPV should be added to that list??

so basically, one cant really go by the list, and you should still check the individual recommendations they make?? ACIP should have a list of THEIR recommendations, as those are one USCIS follows?

i guess it doenst really matter that much, but the unclearity of it frustrates me a bit....

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

CAUTION: Do not attempt to obtain the vaccinations before the medical exam with the civil surgeon. During your examination with the civil surgeon, he or she will review your vaccination history, and may determine that certain vaccinations are not necessary or not appropriate.

Source http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0000ecd190aRCRD

Filed: Timeline
CAUTION: Do not attempt to obtain the vaccinations before the medical exam with the civil surgeon. During your examination with the civil surgeon, he or she will review your vaccination history, and may determine that certain vaccinations are not necessary or not appropriate.

No, not true. Depending on the country, it is best to visit your GP to have your vaccinations completed prior to the medical. This is true in Canada and the UK.

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

No, not true. Depending on the country, it is best to visit your GP to have your vaccinations completed prior to the medical. This is true in Canada and the UK.

In Brazil you have to have your vaccinations done prior to the medical exam. My husband never had chicken pox, so he had to have the vaccine for that.

PS: The civil surgeon is the doctor you see in the U.S. for the AOS process..

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.