brian87

APRIL '08 Vermont K-1 Filers

2,328 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hey all!

Just a quick update - my SO had his interview today and we got the same 221(g) that others thru New Delhi have recieved in the last few weeks. We're going to overwhelm them with the paperwork requested and hope for the best...

Such is life I guess.

Here is hoping for good news on our front soon!

Lauren

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Congratulations Lizzie! I hope your AP is speedy and that your man is home with you asap! :)

Lauren, you seemed to sense all along that a little AP might be coming with New Delhi. I hope it's very quick for you.

We're scurrying a bit to get things ready for Saturday morning. It may be a bit cold and we really wanted to stay outside but we're not stressing... after all we've been through to get here, it's just not allowed! ;) Russell's family is getting up at the time we'll be married (4am Sunday morning NZ time) to toast us with some bubbly. How very sweet of them I thought. Can't wait to do this properly, with them here, in April. :)

Have a great day April! Happy thoughts... we're all getting there. :)

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Well, visa is in hand. The actual interview was very minimal.

Only seven questions were asked.

1. What is the name of your fiance?

2. What is the profession of your fiance?

3. What is your profession?

4. How did you meet?

5. How long have you been dating?

6. Do you plan on working in the U.S.?

7. Have you ever had any immigration problems?

Then, okay you are approved for your visa. They never once asked to see any photographs or any proof of relationship. The whole conversation lasted less than 5 minutes, and literally every answer was a one or two word answer.

I am thankful it was soooooooo simple. But, at the same time, it seemed anti-climatic.

Brian

03/18/08 Engagement Date

04/03/08 NOA1 Date

07/03/08 NOA2 Received Via Email

07/22/08 Received email Stating Approval Under Review

07/28/08 NOA2 Status Changed to Denial

08/13/08 2nd NOA2 received via Email

10/07/08 Interview Date/VISA RECEIVED

11/22/08 Atlanta, U.S. Point of Entry.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey all! I have a weird question -- I want to see if this has happened to any of you

I just got a call on my cell phone (my permanent number) from a 301 area code, saying it was the Casablanca consulate, (maybe it was, it just wasn't a Moroccan number, of course I am sure the Embassy can arrange that sort of thing) and the woman said that my fiancé's visa had been approved! I was obviously so excited. They said that he would be getting a call from them in the next day or two!! That is super fast! I was just wondering if this had happened to any of you, especially those who had to go through AP, (his interview was yesterday!) because I was a tiny bit suspicious that this was actually part of the AP process....but I called Simo up instantly anyways, and told him the good news!

I mean, nothings certain till the visa is in the passport and the passport is in hand, but this is good news nonetheless!

Has this happened to any of you?

Thanks!

04/14/2008 Overnighted to VSC

04/15/2008 Received in Vermont

04/21/2008 NOA1 Issued

04/24/2008 Check cleared

05/20/2008 Touched

05/21/2008 Touched again

07/21/2008 NOA2 Approved!

08/12/2008 Forwarded from NVC to Casablanca

08/18/2008 Arrived in Casablanca

08/26/2008 Packet 3 Sent from Consulate

09/01/2008 Packet 3 Arrived

10/15/2008 Interview Scheduled!

Timeline

moroccousa -

I don't know about the visa thing - but the weird phone number thing I've seen before. If you still have the number in your caller id you can google it. Sometimes overseas called are routed thru local switches and the id picks up that number instead. My SO would call and it would be the next area code over and I couldn't figure out how that was happening. So I googled it and found the answer that way...

OK - I'm sure you were hoping for visa info :D but this is all I have info on...

For AP to only be a few days rocks. Hope it's the call and that that visa will be in hand soon!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Congrats to everyone who's getting their Visas and having easy interviews!

Luis is here, we're enjoying every minute of it. Right now I'm at work and he's home watching soccer LOL, enjoying life. Today's my birthday so we're going out for 2fers at Applebees with some friends... the first birthday I get to spend with him, I'm so excited!

:thumbs:

Good luck everybody! With the AOS process, weddings, etc!

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Happy birthday, Suzy! :D I really hope I'll get to spend mine in December with my love in the US.. I'm stuck here because of matters related to my late aunt's estate, and my dear brother is not helping me at all. As things stand, I can't even arrange for the movers to take my stuff away, since it can't enter the US before I am there. I am so very tired, stressed and discouraged... Michael left on Wednesday, and we weren't even able to say to each other, in three weeks we'll be together for good. Well, unfortunately you don't get to choose your relatives, and I was definitely not lucky with my brother....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Congrats Brian! :thumbs:

We finally got our interview date : 11/5/08

s4z18g.gif2lw0q4m.gif

JON & OLENKA

Timeline:

3/19/08 Met my lovely Olenka in Lviv, Ukraine

4/21/08 K1 packet sent to VSC via Express Mail

4/22/08 Packet arrived at VSC. Signed for by P. NOVAK

4/30/08 NOA1 date

5/5/08 Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail + TOUCHED

5/29/08 TOUCHED

5/30/08 TOUCHED

8/7/08 NOA2

8/14/08 NOA2 hardcopy

8/18/08 Received by NVC

8/25/08? Left NVC

11/5/08 Interview date

11/25/08 MY LOVE WILL ARRIVE!!!

geicocavemanyx6.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Congrats Brian! :thumbs:

We finally got our interview date : 11/5/08

I wish you the best on the interview. It is nice to know that the waiting game is over for the moment. Atlanta looks to have a 3/4 month average for AOS. I so don't look forward to filling out more paperwork. I just wanna have fun. :star:

Brian

03/18/08 Engagement Date

04/03/08 NOA1 Date

07/03/08 NOA2 Received Via Email

07/22/08 Received email Stating Approval Under Review

07/28/08 NOA2 Status Changed to Denial

08/13/08 2nd NOA2 received via Email

10/07/08 Interview Date/VISA RECEIVED

11/22/08 Atlanta, U.S. Point of Entry.

Timeline

Can I ask for some advice? I'm asking around...

Our embassy has asked me to write an affidivat explaining how we met and about our relationship. I've sat down to write it about a million times - okay more like 10. But I'm finding it difficult. I'm having an issue with balancing pure data/facts and relationship "stuff". I can construct a time line, I can say where I was when and I can explain how I feel but I don't know how much of both they want or even what length would be appropriate. Sure, I could write a 10 page mini-disertation but I can also write a 2 page synposis. Also, I figure this may be the place to explain why I wasn't able to attend the interview? I'm just conflicted.

I don't know of any other April filers who had this specific item to work on but I'm looking for guidance...something!

Oh and my senator's office stinks. I left a message with the immigration liason yesterday - her voice mail stated calls will be returned in 24 hours. 25 hours later I'm back on the phone leaving a second message....The other senator is in the middle of his re-election campaign and the congressman for my district is not seeking re-election so the office is taking no new cases. I'm debating calling them and begging for merely a letter of support - no other help, just a letter.

I would have been much happier with AP for security reasons/namechecks. Having our relationship's bonafides questioned is just so disheartening.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
Congrats to everyone who's getting their Visas and having easy interviews!

Luis is here, we're enjoying every minute of it. Right now I'm at work and he's home watching soccer LOL, enjoying life. Today's my birthday so we're going out for 2fers at Applebees with some friends... the first birthday I get to spend with him, I'm so excited!

:thumbs:

Good luck everybody! With the AOS process, weddings, etc!

HAPPY BDAY SUZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HUGS N KISSES FOR YOU

SORRY IM LATE BUT I JUST GOT HOME FROM WORK

Waiting...

Te amo Ab!

Timeline
Can I ask for some advice? I'm asking around...

Our embassy has asked me to write an affidivat explaining how we met and about our relationship. I've sat down to write it about a million times - okay more like 10. But I'm finding it difficult. I'm having an issue with balancing pure data/facts and relationship "stuff". I can construct a time line, I can say where I was when and I can explain how I feel but I don't know how much of both they want or even what length would be appropriate. Sure, I could write a 10 page mini-disertation but I can also write a 2 page synposis. Also, I figure this may be the place to explain why I wasn't able to attend the interview? I'm just conflicted.

I don't know of any other April filers who had this specific item to work on but I'm looking for guidance...something!

Oh and my senator's office stinks. I left a message with the immigration liason yesterday - her voice mail stated calls will be returned in 24 hours. 25 hours later I'm back on the phone leaving a second message....The other senator is in the middle of his re-election campaign and the congressman for my district is not seeking re-election so the office is taking no new cases. I'm debating calling them and begging for merely a letter of support - no other help, just a letter.

I would have been much happier with AP for security reasons/namechecks. Having our relationship's bonafides questioned is just so disheartening.

My letter is about four pages single spaced. Four pages was enough to cover the kind of detail they seemed to want, and much longer and I thought they just might not read it.

I definitely put some of the reasons why I love him in there - I get the impression that they want that because they ask us to explain why we decided to get engaged and you can't take love out of that equation. I also referenced the other supporting docs in the letter itself because I get the distinct impression that the first time around they didn't bother looking at the other materials or didn't understand them...

(L)(L)Happy Wedding Day Kim & Russ (L)(L)

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I concur!, Happy Wedding day Kim & Russ, I am sure you both have photographs to share!? (Does the wedding dance, whatever that is!)

29/06/2004 Met online

24/10/2004- Officially started dating!

-Various Trips Between the USA and Scotland-

25/12/2007- Steven Proposed, and gave me a lovely Ring!

29/02/2008- Sent I-129F to VSC

22/09/2008-1pm - Recieved Visa!

04/11/2008 -Steven comes back to Scotland for the Celebrations!

09/11/2008- We return home together!

23/01/2009- Wedding!!!

Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date.

Preparing AOS Forms.

09/4/2009- Sent AOS

11/4/2009- Received and signed for

20/4/2009- Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP (Dated April 17th)

20/4/2009- USCIS cashed check for $1010

09/5/2009- Biometrics

11/5/2009- Case transferred to CSC

05/6/2009- Received AP

09/6/2009- Received EAD

22/7/2009- Approved!

27/7/2009- Greencard in Hand

Removal of Conditions.

15/5/2011- Received @ VSC

23/5/2011-NOA1

12/07/2011- Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.