APRIL '08 Vermont K-1 Filers

2,328 posts in this topic

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

What number do I need to call for London? The switchboard? Or that $16 1-866 number?

I'm calling DOS again today and see if another person knows more...and I'm going to ask them what I need to do.

If I can't get this thing sorted I wonder if just having his mail forwarded will do? We'll see! There has GOT to be a way to do this, I'm sure it's been done before. Have a good day guys!!

Stephanie

Our K1-Visa Timeline

04-21-2008 I29-F Sent

04-25-2008 I129-F Received at VSC

05-01-2008 NOA1 issued

05-05-2008 Check cashed

05-06-2008 Touched

05-07-2008 NOA1 Received

06-04-2008 Touched!!

07-31-2008 NOA2 Approved!

08-01-2008 Touched.

08-07-2008 NOA2 Hard Copy

08-07-2008 NVC Received

08-08-2008 Sent to London Embassy

08-11-2008 Embassy Received

08-20-2008 Packet 3 Received (not exactly sure because of address problems)

american-british-flag-realtor.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I just called DOS again (I had a hunch) and found out that our Packet 3 was sent out today (yay!) but our Interview date was set for October 15th. Simo is really depressed about this! I already called him. He just feels like his whole life is on hold and we both miss each other so much. And for young men from the MENA region, AP after the interview can be really time consuming, 2 weeks min, so he is just upset about the thought of not making it here till November. I had thought the interview date would be more around 4 weeks, looking at other people's recent interview dates in Casa.

Now I am going to try to be really nice to the people at the consulate to try to get our interview date moved up, I don't know if that is possible at all in Casablanca, but I have to try right?

Any advice?

Thanks!

Lizzie

04/14/2008 Overnighted to VSC

04/15/2008 Received in Vermont

04/21/2008 NOA1 Issued

04/24/2008 Check cleared

05/20/2008 Touched

05/21/2008 Touched again

07/21/2008 NOA2 Approved!

08/12/2008 Forwarded from NVC to Casablanca

08/18/2008 Arrived in Casablanca

08/26/2008 Packet 3 Sent from Consulate

09/01/2008 Packet 3 Arrived

10/15/2008 Interview Scheduled!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hey guys how was your day?

Today I found out that the NVC sent the application to Lima. I have to play with that DHL tracking thing!

I'm hoping they take their time with our interview so Luis has more time to sort the whole birth certificate thing out.

I really just don't want ANYTHING to go wrong.

So what's new April people.

And yes Brian.... April ROCKS

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Suzy, if it left today 9445009486 is your tracking number. .... I was there when I read your post. ;) I hope all the corrections you needed are done with. Is Lima still real quick with their interviews?

Lizzie, good luck getting that interview moved up!

So we're still waiting for NVC to send our petition... they've had it almost two weeks. scratchhead.gif

timeline.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Kim - could they have just cabled an electronic copy?

Suzy - here's to a quick interview date!

Lizzie - with Ramadan literally around the corner and Eid etc etc, that may well be the earliest right now. I know it stinks but maybe you can just send an email and see what happens? The few weeks will fly by. I would do a little background checking on AP for that embassy too. Just to have an idea of what to expect. Have you gotten in touch with your congressman/senators yet? Seems like a good proactive step for those of us expecting AP.

We're waiting for our interview date. Packet 3 has been turned in....

Best of luck...

Lauren

Hi April Rockers~~

I have learned new stuff today that may interest some of you because I was checking out AOS info. It seems that Tuberculin Skin Testing is part of the new medical requirements. You K1 people don't have to get another medical when adjusting status. They use the one in your brown envelope you got as part of the visa process. That's why this info applies to you. One would think having an x-ray for TB would take care of that diagnostic tool. But this Q&A is on the USCIS website.

Q: When did the new TB requirements become effective?

The new TB testing and treatment requirements became effective on May 1, 2008. However, CDC allowed a 30 day grace period. Therefore, any medical exam that takes place on or after June 1, 2008 must be performed in accordance with the new TB testing requirements. (Alas...Nick's was June 3 and London did not do any TB skin test)

Q: Will USCIS accept Form I-693 if the civil surgeon performed a chest x-ray without the TST?

No, the civil surgeon must administer the TST, unless one of the exceptions listed in the Technical Instructions applies. If the civil surgeon performs a chest x-ray without giving the applicant the TST, the reason for omitting the TST must be noted on Form I-693.

Ok, so I'm not too worried about that because if AOS gets held up with a RFE because he needs it, at least he's here in the US waiting with me so who cares?

But what else in interesting about this is this little chart I'm going to try to post as a picture.

So if your medical was after Aug. 1 (lots of you)

• Your medical must be on the newly revised (June 5 '08) edition of the form.
  • You must meet those new TB requirements (skin test)
  • You must have all the newly added vaccines if age appropriate. HPV is one of the new ones. Most are N/A to adults.
If your medical was in June or July (Nick)
  • Your medical can be on forms with either of two dates (UK was ok on that)
  • You must meet those new TB requirements (UK didn't do)
  • You do NOT have to have the new vaccines--HPV!!
If your medical was before June 1
  • no new form
  • no TB skin test
  • NO NEW VACCINES
So that's basically saying if you got a medical prior to Aug 1, you do not have to get HPV. Huh? Think about the posts that have been going on for months about HPV and this chart is indicating that it's okay not to have it if the K1 medical was before Aug 1.??!? Sheeesh!

The new vaccines are: HPV, Rotovirus, Hepatitis A, Zoster, meningococcal and most of those don't apply to people over 18, so don't get into a panic. All the new ones were on the UK's packet 3 list months ago and probably all other countries as well.

This is indeed a screwed up process we are going through. We are caught in that little gap of medicals in June/July.

It's the TB Debate of Summer '08. :rofl: Can't wait to see how it all plays out.

Ok, get back to your rockin' and rollin'~~~~~~~~ :dance:

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

S&D, Ana, and Kim:

I talked to my doctor today about the pappiloma virus vaccine and I'm more comfortable about it now. It has been approved in Brazil over a year ago, it just isn't available for our public health system yet because of how much it costs. She says they have been researching it for a long long time and it's difficult to get a vaccine approved here, so she doesn't think anything will go wrong.

Ok, great, but now, how do I pay for it?!! :whistle:

It's only given in private hospitals, so they charge pretty much how much they want to, it costs around 800 dollars total here.

Kim, do you remember how much it costs there?

K1

04/11/2008 - I-129F Sent to VSC

04/14/2008 - I-129F Received at VSC

04/21/2008 - I-129F NOA1

05/21/2008 - Touched (don´t know if it was the first, didn´t check before)

05/25/2008 - Advisory Opinion: SUBJECT to section 212 (e)

06/06/2008 - Sent paperwork for a waiver of the HRR

06/17/2008 - Check for the waiver cashed

06/18/2008 - No objection letter for the waiver sent by Brazilian Embassy

07/21/2008 - I-129F NOA2

07/28/2008 - Favorable Recommendation sent (waiver!)

09/08/2008 - Medical

09/16/2008 - Interview date (pending - missing form 1040)

09/24/2008 - Form 1040 finally received by the embassy

09/26/2008 - Visa issued, passport on its way!!! lol

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Milo, I remember someone mentioning that the Consulates are notified electronically. Since DOS is aware of everything going on I would imagine it's not too difficult to do so. We're not talking the entire package tho. Who knows really. This whole process is such a nightmare.

Mama Nich... I did read that but figured if Russell would need it they would have given it to him. I guess if he has to get it here..he has to get it here. ;)

Fernanda, i'm glad you are feeling better about HPV. I can't tell you how much it was because it was covered under our insurance plan. It's a series of 3 shots spread out over 6 months and I believe you would have to have a civil surgeon do it. I'm sure they must have 'price lists' for this sort of thing. Perhaps you can find a list of doctor's on the CDC website and could contact them to ask.

So, I broke down and called NVC again. (My love is not so patient.) but shhhh :lol: Anyway, I explained that our petition had been there almost two weeks and that i've received 2 letters saying it would be sent out and asked what was the hold up, so she checked it out for me. Apparently we are stuck in AP at the NVC. She couldn't tell me why or say how long it would be (of course) but she did tell me that we could have the Consulate contact them via email and request that it be sent to them. So..that's what I did. :)

Here's a list of the security checks they do at each level of the process that I thought was interesting.

From other research i've done it seems that some are chosen at random. Just our luck! All I can think is that someone found out that we are trying to expedite it and held it up to be mean. :lol:

Oh well, hopefully the Consulate wont need it to schedule the interview and, if they do, there's nothing we can do about it....again. Grrrrrrrrrrr this process!!! I want my man!!!!!

timeline.jpg

Oh Kim. Dang it! (Is that a Baastan expression ?)

So sorry. :crying: I want you to have your man too!!

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

But i'm wicked mad ! <--- that is :lol:

Good one. Never heard that. Oh the new things I learn on VJ. :thumbs:

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
:lol: Ooooo the lessons I could give. ;)

haha I'm wicked mad

yeah that is sooooo Boston, my friend Kristen says that all the time.

How youuuu doin????

You guys don't even wanna know the stuff we say ova' hea' in NY

Fuhgeddaboudit! :bonk:

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.