brian87

APRIL '08 Vermont K-1 Filers

2,328 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Thanks Kim & Mama Nich!

Congrats Brian :star:

I didn't get any touches today, I checked like a lunatic today for an approval, but nada...

Oh well, hoping to hear something soon. Luis is trying to get his birth certificate fixed in the meantime :blink: , so I mean, no rush... LOL Everything is so backwards over there when it comes to stuff like that. I feel bad for him, he was running around in Lima all day, missed a whole day of work to file a couple of forms. Poor baby.

I hope for better luck tomorrow. Then I'll just start freaking out after my approval about my interview. LOL

Chau guys,

Suz

Yes a lot of freaking has been done on my part. I'm pretty good now though. But I keep asking Gareth things, like did it come yet...you have this and that...you're sister has a scanner you can use. Blah blah...he goes...you're really worried about this aren't you? LoL...yuhh I just want my baby back! He's so calm about it and he's the one having to do all the stuff. I guess it's just cause I'm not there and can't be there hands on. It all works out in the end though! Hope you're approved soon Suzy! And anyone else who hasn't been approved!!

Stephanie

Our K1-Visa Timeline

04-21-2008 I29-F Sent

04-25-2008 I129-F Received at VSC

05-01-2008 NOA1 issued

05-05-2008 Check cashed

05-06-2008 Touched

05-07-2008 NOA1 Received

06-04-2008 Touched!!

07-31-2008 NOA2 Approved!

08-01-2008 Touched.

08-07-2008 NOA2 Hard Copy

08-07-2008 NVC Received

08-08-2008 Sent to London Embassy

08-11-2008 Embassy Received

08-20-2008 Packet 3 Received (not exactly sure because of address problems)

american-british-flag-realtor.jpg

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
The thing I find most weird is that I will no longer have my bed to myself. Of course, I realize there are benefits to that.

:devil::thumbs:

s4z18g.gif2lw0q4m.gif

JON & OLENKA

Timeline:

3/19/08 Met my lovely Olenka in Lviv, Ukraine

4/21/08 K1 packet sent to VSC via Express Mail

4/22/08 Packet arrived at VSC. Signed for by P. NOVAK

4/30/08 NOA1 date

5/5/08 Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail + TOUCHED

5/29/08 TOUCHED

5/30/08 TOUCHED

8/7/08 NOA2

8/14/08 NOA2 hardcopy

8/18/08 Received by NVC

8/25/08? Left NVC

11/5/08 Interview date

11/25/08 MY LOVE WILL ARRIVE!!!

geicocavemanyx6.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
Brian, how you doing??? Any news?

I am good. Never felt better, thanks for asking. :star:

I received my second approval last week. Not as exciting the second time around. :unsure:

My SO bought a wedding dress last week. I guess that makes the whole thing really offical. :star:

She was so excited to tell me about the dress and the party that her family is planning. I really enjoy seeing her happy. Her enthusiaism really lifts my spirits, which helps me maintian my GHF status in life.

I have never had a 24/7 live in girlfriend in the past. The thing I find most weird is that I will no longer have my bed to myself. Of course, I realize there are benefits to that. :blush:

But, it just seems funny to know that for the rest of my life, I need to be careful whenever I rollover. :star:

Brian

Hi Brian,

Congratulations to you. Finally you got your much awaited approval. I am soooo happy for you.

Regards,

Amrit & Rob

****ROC****

GC-Date: Nov 25th 2011The 'Resident Since' Date located on your first green card

Sent: Nov 11th 2014 N-400 was mailed to USCIS
Packet Delivered: Nov 27 2014
ChkCashd: Dec 2nd 2014
NOA: Dec 8th 2014
Fprints: Jan 7th 2015
In Line: Jan 9th 2015
Int Ltr: Jan 19th 2015
Intview: Feb 26th 2015
Oath: March 19th 2015
Field Office: San Antonio

noa2 hardcopy! woohoo.gif

Yaaay!!

If I die, survive me with such sheer force

that you waken the furies of the pallid and the cold,

from south to south lift your indelible eyes,

from sun to sun dream through your singing mouth.

I don't want your laughter or your steps to waver,

I don't want my heritage of joy to die.

Don't call up my person. I am absent.

Live in my absence as if in a house.

Absence is a house so vast

that inside you will pass through its walls

and hang pictures on the air

Absence is a house so transparent

that I, lifeless, will see you, living,

and if you suffer, my love, I will die again.

Wow.. I lost my mummy when I was just 16 :crying: (suicide, unfortunately..) so this all rings very close to home as it's written in the first person, almost like a final note. That poem is beautiful.

Congratulations to all April'ers getting approvals and excitement their way. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hey guys, still no NOA2, and I haven't had a touch since Friday.

Still waiting....

Congrats on your hardcopy Kim.... :dance:

Congrats again Brian!!! :thumbs:

I'm still around, but I'm studying for my final exam on Thurs :wacko: so you may not see that much of me...

Take care guys,

Suz

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Really keeping fingers Xed for you, Suzy, my fellow linguist ^_^... I hope to be able to celebrate with you soon!

This morning I applied for my Italian police certificate, which will be ready on Friday. Tomorrow I'll go apply for the 'long' birth certificate, and hope to get my Finnish police cert soon. Michael hasn't called NVC yet for our case number, but I hope he'll do so soon. September will be a very hectic month indeed, but this time it's all for a good cause! :D

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Kim, So obviously you didn't send in a copy/original of your NOA2 to Russ? I was debating sending both the NOA1 and NOA2 over - I thought they were needed.

Of course I'm having a police certificate crisis with the SO. I knew this would be the rough part of this. His legal permanent address forever has been his home address - but he did live elsewhere for school and work over the last five years [some for as little as 7 months or up to 2 years for school]. The fun comes with how the police certificate is going to be handled - This is what the packet 4 instructions say [from the embassy's website]:

(A) Indian citizens residing in India for six months or more since turning 16 years of age must present Indian police clearance certificates from both their district police station and the local area passport office. Applicants whose passports were issued within six months of the visa interview may present just the passport office certificate. These certificates are valid for one year from the date of issuance.

Taking it at face value that would mean only the current residence. But, it seems to me that a lot of what I've been reading here and elsewhere says police certificates from anywhere you've resided for more than 6 months in the last 7 years [sometimes I've found school time doesn't count, for whatever reason]. Our game plan right now is to just go forward with only the police cert from his home area and worst case [hopefully] would be getting a request for the others. Does this sound reasonable?

Suzy, I'm thinking about you too! I'm sure you're approval is right around the corner.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

No Lauren, I didn't send the originals and don't you either! You will need the NOA2 for Adjustment. I'd hate for anything to happen to it!

I did scan and send it over to him today tho. A copy is asked for at interview. ;)

I think your best bet in regards to the Embassy is to either email or call them, explain your/his situation and ask what exactly they'll need. ;)

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Helo fellow april filers!!COngratulations for thos who got approve recently..God is good...

SUsy,Prayers for you..HOpe you get your approval soon.Hang in there..You'l be next...God bless

Prayers for those who are still waiting for approval and still in the process..May the good LORD bless us all... (F)

religious_42.gif

12932.gif

January 27 2009 POE HOUSTON

March 07,2009 Sent AOS packet by UPS

March 10 2009 aos received signed by CHYBA

March 17, 2009 Check encashed

March 20,2009 NOA1 received for AOS,EAD,AP

March 23,2009 Biometrics appointment recvd

April 16,2009 Biometrics Appintment 8 am

APRIL 2 2009 CASE transferred to CSC

April 30,2009 Touched

May 01,2009 Touched

May 05,2009 EAD and AP Approved.(THANK GOD)

May 11,2009 AP Received

May 13,2009 EAD Received

May 15,2009 got my learner's permit for driving

June 02,2009 RFE for my Son's AOS

June 02,2009 Card Production ordered on mine

June 15 2009 RFE received(new I 693)

June 15, 2009 Card production again

June 17,2009 Got my DL in texas

June 23,2009 Got a touched for RFE on my son's case.Processing resumed

June 26,2009 Got my GC n the mail

June 29 2009 SOn's AOS finally approved

July 01,2009 Got a job!!god is good

Filed: Timeline

Got a nasty surprise this morning when I went to my local public registry in order to request my 'long' birth certificate.... After I gave the woman there the filled-in form, she told me that the certificate would be ready in 60 DAYS!!!!! This is utterly preposterous... I'll have to go to their PR office to enquire as to the reason for this incredibly long wait (which wasn't advertised anywhere btw), and possibly tell them that I NEED to have that cert much sooner than that. Well, I have to say this will be one more reason for me NOT to miss Italy or regret my move. I didn't request it earlier because I knew it was only valid for 6 months, and for what I knew we could've waited much longer for that approval. Hopefully they'll be able to do something, or I'll be forced to take action in some way.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Got a nasty surprise this morning when I went to my local public registry in order to request my 'long' birth certificate.... After I gave the woman there the filled-in form, she told me that the certificate would be ready in 60 DAYS!!!!! This is utterly preposterous... I'll have to go to their PR office to enquire as to the reason for this incredibly long wait (which wasn't advertised anywhere btw), and possibly tell them that I NEED to have that cert much sooner than that. Well, I have to say this will be one more reason for me NOT to miss Italy or regret my move. I didn't request it earlier because I knew it was only valid for 6 months, and for what I knew we could've waited much longer for that approval. Hopefully they'll be able to do something, or I'll be forced to take action in some way.

Blimey - 60 days!!?? I ordered mine yesterday, and was told I'd have it within 5 days.

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi all!

After being held for a few (depressing) weeks at the NVC, I called and found out that our case had finally been sent to Morocco and according to DHL, it made it on Monday! We are so excited.

So, now we are working on getting everything ready for the interview, and I just read above that I was not supposed to have sent the original NOA2 to Simo (I thought he had to have the original hard copy) so I had it sent by registered mail to Morocco, but it hasn't arrived yet (it's been 3 weeks) -- he is going to check on it now, but I know this is a problem. I am wondering if I can contact the USCIS and ask for a second version of the hard copy. Luckily, we had it scanned in before we sent it, so that Simo can just print it out and have it at the interview....

Do you think that would be possible to get a second copy sent to us? Also, Kim I read that you are doing something to expedite the process at the embassy in NZ, what are you doing and how do you do that? I don't think we will need to do that, since Simo can't come until Ramadan ends anyways, but I would like to know what the options are.

Thanks for any help on these questions! And good luck for all of you waiting out there!

04/14/2008 Overnighted to VSC

04/15/2008 Received in Vermont

04/21/2008 NOA1 Issued

04/24/2008 Check cleared

05/20/2008 Touched

05/21/2008 Touched again

07/21/2008 NOA2 Approved!

08/12/2008 Forwarded from NVC to Casablanca

08/18/2008 Arrived in Casablanca

08/26/2008 Packet 3 Sent from Consulate

09/01/2008 Packet 3 Arrived

10/15/2008 Interview Scheduled!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

APPROVAL NOTICE SENT!!!!!!!!!

WOOHOO PARTY AT MY PLACE, WHO'S COMING????? :dance:

Mojitos for everybody!!!

I'm too excited to type right now, I'm at work I gotta go hide in the bathroom and call Luis

Chau everybody,

Suz

:dance:

:dance:

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.