brian87

APRIL '08 Vermont K-1 Filers

2,328 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Ok I've been looking over documents and I'm sorta freaking out.

It says he needs to have evidence of support for the interview AND he has to send in evidence of support as well...with the four forms he has to fill out. I only sent with him one copy of the evidence. I didn't know this until now. Will copies be ok to send in with the forms or should I send him another original? Thanks!!

And also the forms require evidence of engagement. Is that just the evidence of our ongoing relationship...or does he need like a receipt for a ring or something...cause we don't have that! My mom gave him her diamond reset in white gold to give to me (which I thought was soo sweet and a total surprise to me!) Thanks for your help guys! I just wanna do it all right the first time.

Stephanie

Stephanie--- Recent successful experience with London speaking here--->Mama Nich. No stressing needed. London is easy.

He DOES NOT have to provide any of his financial evidence if you are providing I-134 alone or with a co-sponsor. NO, NO, NO. Page nine list four types of evidence of your income and says pick two or any others that will prove your point.

NO proof of engagement to London. We have no ring or plans to ever get one. We passed. It's not in London's P3.

NO proof of an ongoing relationship is asked for at the interview.

You don't have to send more copies of your support evidence. It's a COPY. Can't he find a Xerox machine in the UK like at work, school, the library, Staples? He just makes a copy of what you sent. It's not two originals.

Mail in to Embassy:

• The four DS forms as outlined on the first page of P3. Pay attention to what is says to send two of and what it says to not sign. It's on the page.
  • The IV15 checklist (it's four pages) if you have everything on it. The checklist is his way of saying, "I've got all this stuff and I'm ready to interview."
Mail the four DS forms immediately. You can mail the checklist later, but sending everything together is most efficient. Include a cover letter. I can send you mine to modify if you have Word. Change the names and good to go.

Take in hand to interview:

• The appointment letter they mail him. It's the ticket in the door.
  • His passport
  • His original birth certificate. Must show parent's names. (and a copy so they can keep the copy and give his original back)
  • Originals of any divorce decree if he is divorced (and a copy so they can give original back)
  • ACPO police certificate (and a copy)
  • Court or military records if he has any (and a copy)
  • I-134 from you which is notarized plus at least two forms of evidence of your income. (and a copy) We provided 2007 tax return and letter of employment.

• 2 US sized passport photos. The third they mention is really for the medical. Only two for the embassy appointment.
Click my timeline over on the left and way at the bottom if you want to read our interview experience play by play. Very detailed and probably too long. Don't stress. It's not as hard as it seems.

Thanks so much! You've been a great help to me. :) I guess I was confused because this is on the DS-156K form:

ds156k.jpg

So I thought he had to attach originals of all that stuff with the forms. But if you guys didn't do that and ya'll have Visa in hand...then I'm good. :) I'll go by what you said in your post. He can make copies I'm sure, even though he's not as big of a computer junkie as I am. :)

And if you don't mind sending the cover letter, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks again for all your help!

Stephanie

Our K1-Visa Timeline

04-21-2008 I29-F Sent

04-25-2008 I129-F Received at VSC

05-01-2008 NOA1 issued

05-05-2008 Check cashed

05-06-2008 Touched

05-07-2008 NOA1 Received

06-04-2008 Touched!!

07-31-2008 NOA2 Approved!

08-01-2008 Touched.

08-07-2008 NOA2 Hard Copy

08-07-2008 NVC Received

08-08-2008 Sent to London Embassy

08-11-2008 Embassy Received

08-20-2008 Packet 3 Received (not exactly sure because of address problems)

american-british-flag-realtor.jpg

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Hello all! Sorry not to have been around, but unfortunately my aunt passed away on Thursday night (peacefully, in her sleep), and yesterday - the peak day of the vacation season - I had to travel down to Southern Italy for her funeral service. I came back some three hours ago, after a five-and-a-half-hour train journey... I was lucky to find a seat for most of it, since I had lost my reservation, and trains were PACKED to the gills. Suffice it to say that my aunt lived in a renowned seaside resort... To make matters worse, yesterday was one of the hottest days of the summer, with high humidity and temps well into the 100's.

Michael hasn't yet got in touch with NVC, though I suppose our file may already be in Naples (through which I passed yesterday and today). In any case, odd at it may seem, I am not in a hurry, because I need to have those certificates done, and he's not done his Affidavit of Support yet. I'd be happy to have the interview by early October, though, because I would love for us to be married on Oct 20, our second anniversary. We'll see!

Sorry to hear of your aunt's passing. Happy to hear that it was peaceful. I hope you're in for a smooth journey from here on.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Brian, how you doing??? Any news?

s4z18g.gif2lw0q4m.gif

JON & OLENKA

Timeline:

3/19/08 Met my lovely Olenka in Lviv, Ukraine

4/21/08 K1 packet sent to VSC via Express Mail

4/22/08 Packet arrived at VSC. Signed for by P. NOVAK

4/30/08 NOA1 date

5/5/08 Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail + TOUCHED

5/29/08 TOUCHED

5/30/08 TOUCHED

8/7/08 NOA2

8/14/08 NOA2 hardcopy

8/18/08 Received by NVC

8/25/08? Left NVC

11/5/08 Interview date

11/25/08 MY LOVE WILL ARRIVE!!!

geicocavemanyx6.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

quick question, do we have to call NVC for the case #.

and i got the noa 2 last monday,is it possible it is at the embassy in bangkok now?

i got the hard copy also,

my SO is getting me confused, she says they will send me a packet.

i know i have to do the I 134. help, lol

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Great to see a few more approvals!

I'm so confused by the next steps - I'd gotten used to just waiting and not being on top of things!

I call NVC and got our case number...other than getting the support paperwork and proof of ongoing relationship stuff together is there anything I should be doing?

How would I know if my case has been sent to the embassy? I know they don't hang out long at NVC but is there a way to find out it's on its way?

I feel as ignorant as I did at the beginning of this whole process!!!

Timeline

Jer08 - We are on the same page it seems!!! I did call NVC for the case number. Just call the main number then 1, 5 and speak with an operator. And, yeah, we need to get the paperwork together. Plus, the beneficary at some point gets packet 3. But the ins and outs??? No idea.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Jer08 - We are on the same page it seems!!! I did call NVC for the case number. Just call the main number then 1, 5 and speak with an operator. And, yeah, we need to get the paperwork together. Plus, the beneficary at some point gets packet 3. But the ins and outs??? No idea.

I just found some information on tracking,

search DHL tracking, and i think u can find out now!

but i have to call and get my case # and the date they shipped it out.

it is confusing, help kim!

Thanks so much! You've been a great help to me. :) I guess I was confused because this is on the DS-156K form:

So I thought he had to attach originals of all that stuff with the forms. But if you guys didn't do that and ya'll have Visa in hand...then I'm good. :) I'll go by what you said in your post. He can make copies I'm sure, even though he's not as big of a computer junkie as I am. :)

And if you don't mind sending the cover letter, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks again for all your help!

That's a form that's for every country in the world. Each Embassy sorta has their own way of organizing things. London gives their instructions in P3, which you have, and it tells what to mail and what to bring to the interview. You just go down the checklist and check it off. We also marked N/A and crossed out things we didn't need, like military service, court records on that checklist just to let them know we read it and it didn't apply. Some countries have you bring all the DS forms to the interview. They all vary a little. So you have to zero in on your country when you get to this point. But dont forget the appointment letter.

Oh, I'm so glad you're not freaking out anymore. It's going to be so anti-climatic that you're going to come back and post after the interview, "Is that all there is?" Cover letter sent to hotmail.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Milo and Jer. Did you look up above in the blue menu bar under the people pictures? It says Embassy Info. Find your country's Embassy and read the info. Most countries have a good write up about the particulars of their requirements.

For Thailand there is an active group posting in a thread SAWASDEE 2, The New VJ Thailand K-1 Thread in the K-1Fiance Visa Process & Procedures General Discussion. (The parent thread of this one). You might could get some good tips there. There is also a lovely lady posting under 'Thai Family' who could answer questions too. She's a mom, who took on the job of helping her son and Thai daughter-in-law sort through the requirments because her son was busy enrolled in school or overseas maybe. She's kind of a Mama Nich for Thailand and has learned alot about the Thai process. Find her posts or PM her.

Now everybody get their homework done, so you can graduate with honors. :thumbs:

Highway Star--So sorry to hear about your aunt and the difficult travel you just went through. It's another good-bye to the past, isn't it? But you can look forward to a new beginning very soon. Hope you have a lovely week coming up.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Now everybody get their homework done, so you can graduate with honors.
:yes: Edited by desenchantee

s4z18g.gif2lw0q4m.gif

JON & OLENKA

Timeline:

3/19/08 Met my lovely Olenka in Lviv, Ukraine

4/21/08 K1 packet sent to VSC via Express Mail

4/22/08 Packet arrived at VSC. Signed for by P. NOVAK

4/30/08 NOA1 date

5/5/08 Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail + TOUCHED

5/29/08 TOUCHED

5/30/08 TOUCHED

8/7/08 NOA2

8/14/08 NOA2 hardcopy

8/18/08 Received by NVC

8/25/08? Left NVC

11/5/08 Interview date

11/25/08 MY LOVE WILL ARRIVE!!!

geicocavemanyx6.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Good morning folks!

Jer.. your case number is not what they use to track your dhl. ;) You were approved on 8/11... it's hard to know exactly when your package left NVC without calling but there is a package with 1 piece that left DHL on 8/14 and arrived in Bankok this morning (tracking number 9423683555). Judging by others times I would say that is most likely your package. There is another that left 8/13 and arrived in Bankok yesterday (tracking number 9438604910).

milo, approved 8/13... there's a package that left Friday night (tracking #9438607640) that is on it's way to New Dehli. It was in NY ready to go as of last night. This may or may not be yours. We were approved the same day and ours is not yet sent from NVC. Judging by others timelines, ours will be sent out on Monday and arrive in New Zealand on Thursday. ;) Of course, yours was approved earlier in the day so it's likely it was sent out Friday afternoon.

You will both need to call DOS. They can give your new case number, tell you if and when it left NVC and arrived at the Embassy. If you get that date then you can truly track it. ;) ..they can also tell you if a package 3 was sent out and even if there's an interview scheduled. (202) 663-1225 Press 1, then Press 0.

For those of you curious go to http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByRef.asp?nav=TrackByRef Select 'track by reference' and enter EXP 12 AUG 2008A (or a day or two after you were approved) then underneath put the date range for either the day you know it left NVC or a couple days on either side. You will then see a list come up listing all packages that left NVC. Look for your Country and click on the reference number to get details.

jer and milo, you can also track by the numbers I gave you above. ;)

As far as what's needed from here! Bad boys and girl! You need to do your homework! :lol: I personally contacted the Auckland Embassy ages ago to find out just what would be required of me mostly because I am self-employed, own rental property...etc. The forms are pretty basic for most Embassy's and you can find those examples in the links above but, as mama Nick suggested, each Consulate is also very different so you really do need to do your own research to find out what will be required of you. For instance, some Consualtes still want 3 years tax returns from the petitioner, some only want one. At some Consulates they do not allow co-sponsors and others they do...etc. At some of the higher fraud posts you're going to want to send as much on-going/proof of bona fide as you can. Thai Mom and the folks that post in the Thailand thread will be able to lead you to your answers, Jer. I'm not sure of anyone in particular to help you Milo but i'm sure if you visit your portals link and read the Embassy reviews you'll find some answers. ;)

Russell will be calling to schedule his medical when he wakes up today about 5pm est (9am Nz time) and then he's going to call the Consulate to see if he can send in p3 before they receive the hardcopy of the approved petition (they get an electronic version as well). :lol: I think he's in a rush!

timeline.jpg

Filed: Timeline

It seems we're all in the same boat with not doing our homework :D ! Well, to be perfectly honest, I did do some, though not as accurately as for the first stage of the petition. At any rate, Michael is going to do his part this week, and I'm going to get those certs done ASAP. I wouldn't be able to leave too soon anyway, because I have things to take care of (though they won't take long). As for the medical, in Italy you have to have it the day before the interview, so I won't need to worry about scheduling it myself. Hope to manage to get that titer test in early September, when everyone comes back from their vacation.

Timeline

The funny thing is that I have been hounding people using the same consulate and have the guidelines just about memorized - I just feel like I'm missing something. Sort of like when I sent in the I129 to begin with....

I have all the paperwork in motion for the afivdativ of support, I have pieced together a lot of the proof of relationship, I have lists like alligators have teeth. I'm just so scared I'm missing something....

Actually, I'll be emailing the embassy today to see if they can give me a run down of packet 3 via email because my SO is going to be temporarily relocating to Delhi for a couple of months to wait this out. He lives in an area that is currently under a lot of weirdness - protests, curfews, strikes, etc. Even if they were to mail the packet 3 thru the regular mail, there is an awfully good chance he would not receive it or receive it promptly...

HighwayStar - to add - please accept my condolences, losing famly is always difficult.

Edited by milo75

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

milo, I think that to feel you are missing something is normal human response! Most of the work is now up to your fiance...he can use the example forms to help him fill out the docs. They may even be available for download on the New Dehli Embassy site. As long as you send the copy of the initial packet (if you have it), all originals, affidavit and supporting evidence for that and proof of on-going relationship I think you're covered. I don't know, ask me tomorrow when I send mine out! :lol:

timeline.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I just wanted to thank all of you for your kind words about my aunt's passing. As Nich said, it is another piece of my old life disappearing... The good thing is that this sad event helped me and my brother patch up things. My aunt lived alone, as I do, and I think he realised that a person who lives on her own can be very vulnerable - even if I am still relatively young and in very good health (touching wood!). So, all is well again in my own little world, even if I know I'll miss my aunt... She often called me on Sunday evenings like this, and I told her all about my everyday life. She was so happy about my upcoming marriage... I hope she can see me from somewhere.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.