brian87

APRIL '08 Vermont K-1 Filers

2,328 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
So I checked my application, I didn't fill that out, like I thought. :wacko:

I'm a dingbat. :blink:

Look at the bright side, at least yours will generate an RFE with no decision being made until you check off that stupid box.

My case status is currently "denied" while they review how well I checked off that stupid box. :angry:

I guess because I received an "approval", it was probably some procedural deal where it had to be overturned then they allow me to supply additional information. But it does stink having a blue piece of paper that says "denied."

I would rather be in your shoes, though I am sure that my feet would hurt. :star:

Brian

03/18/08 Engagement Date

04/03/08 NOA1 Date

07/03/08 NOA2 Received Via Email

07/22/08 Received email Stating Approval Under Review

07/28/08 NOA2 Status Changed to Denial

08/13/08 2nd NOA2 received via Email

10/07/08 Interview Date/VISA RECEIVED

11/22/08 Atlanta, U.S. Point of Entry.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
I would rather be in your shoes, though I am sure that my feet would hurt. :star:

LOL, yes they would. I can't wait to finish college already, this working retail stuff is OK and all, but I need to get a real paying job where I can put my education to good use. I would have been done already, but being that I have kids, I need to work full-time and stuff, so it's making it harder.

I can't wait to get home to see if the mailman brought my RFE letter. I will answer it next-day mail and hopefully have some kind of approval soon.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Look at it this way Susy, at least you know your case is moving along! hehe I am sitting here wondering when my next touch/approval might be.

You know what Brian, I would think that the govt would "fix/reword" that section if people are getting RFEs (If what you say Kim about it being the most common reason)....Surely they would want to save all that postage :devil:

Edited by desenchantee

s4z18g.gif2lw0q4m.gif

JON & OLENKA

Timeline:

3/19/08 Met my lovely Olenka in Lviv, Ukraine

4/21/08 K1 packet sent to VSC via Express Mail

4/22/08 Packet arrived at VSC. Signed for by P. NOVAK

4/30/08 NOA1 date

5/5/08 Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail + TOUCHED

5/29/08 TOUCHED

5/30/08 TOUCHED

8/7/08 NOA2

8/14/08 NOA2 hardcopy

8/18/08 Received by NVC

8/25/08? Left NVC

11/5/08 Interview date

11/25/08 MY LOVE WILL ARRIVE!!!

geicocavemanyx6.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
So I checked my application, I didn't fill that out, like I thought. :wacko:

I'm a dingbat. :blink:

No snail mail either yesterday for me. I hope it comes today. :thumbs:

How's everybody doing this fine Wednesday morning? LOL

I'm sitting at work moping that I have to work on Sunday against my will.

I'm trying to get all this stuff that I'm supposed to send to Gareth together BEFORE he leave. That will save the mailing it to him time. This is sooo stressful! I want to do everything right the first time! Ah!

Stephanie

Our K1-Visa Timeline

04-21-2008 I29-F Sent

04-25-2008 I129-F Received at VSC

05-01-2008 NOA1 issued

05-05-2008 Check cashed

05-06-2008 Touched

05-07-2008 NOA1 Received

06-04-2008 Touched!!

07-31-2008 NOA2 Approved!

08-01-2008 Touched.

08-07-2008 NOA2 Hard Copy

08-07-2008 NVC Received

08-08-2008 Sent to London Embassy

08-11-2008 Embassy Received

08-20-2008 Packet 3 Received (not exactly sure because of address problems)

american-british-flag-realtor.jpg

Timeline
Look at it this way Susy, at least you know your case is moving along! hehe I am sitting here wondering when my next touch/approval might be.

That was always my opinion about RFE's. Though getting one almost a month after an approval really stinks.

By the way, I am impressed with your patience. :thumbs:

Of course, actually my July 3rd approval means little, and actually NVC will probabaly not get my file until Sept. which means Oct for the embassy packet and maybe November for our interview.

You know the absolute WORST part. I am back to checking that stupid USCIS web site on a daily sometimes hourly basis. Gosh, it felt good having an approval and not checking and wondering "what if." :unsure:

Brian

03/18/08 Engagement Date

04/03/08 NOA1 Date

Timeline
our documents were lost between NVC and Consulate(((((( :crying: we called them many times and today they began investigation (I hope so)

I am sure that it will all be cleared up by the end of next week. I think most of us would really like to be in your shoes right now. Especially if they are larger than Suzy's shoes. :star:

Brian

03/18/08 Engagement Date

04/03/08 NOA1 Date

Timeline
By the way, I am impressed with your patience.

Thanks

I think the reason I am patient is because I've been thru this whole process before :whistle:

s4z18g.gif2lw0q4m.gif

JON & OLENKA

Timeline:

4/30/08 NOA1 date

5/29/08 TOUCHED

5/30/08 TOUCHED

8/7/08 NOA2

8/14/08 NOA2 hardcopy

8/18/08 Received by NVC

8/25/08? Left NVC

11/5/08 Interview date

geicocavemanyx6.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

LOL, yes they would. I can't wait to finish college already, this working retail stuff is OK and all, but I need to get a real paying job where I can put my education to good use. I would have been done already, but being that I have kids, I need to work full-time and stuff, so it's making it harder.

I can't wait to get home to see if the mailman brought my RFE letter. I will answer it next-day mail and hopefully have some kind of approval soon.

Iam really impressed 2 kids full time job and college. WOW

blackribbonsmall.png

RIP DIANA

1982-2008

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
our documents were lost between NVC and Consulate(((((( :crying: we called them many times and today they began investigation (I hope so)

I am sure that it will all be cleared up by the end of next week. I think most of us would really like to be in your shoes right now. Especially if they are larger than Suzy's shoes. :star:

Brian

LOL

I have a question for all of you guys - nothing to do with the K1 Process, but relevant nonetheless...

What do your families think about it? Do they think you're crazy?

My mom, sister, and whole mom's side of the fam is cool with it. They are normally OK with whatever I do because they know I make good decisions, and that me wanting to marry Luis is HUGE because I didn't even want to marry my ex (the father of my 2 kids) and actually never did (thank god).

My dad's side thinks that I'm a complete idiot. They think Luis only wants to date me for a Visa to the US (he's actually not all that excited about leaving Peru, in fact he'd probably rather me go there), and that I'm making a HORRIBLE decision. They've never actually told me this, it's a thru-the-grapevine (AKA my mom) type thing. However, I'm not completely surprised, being as they criticize every single move I make although out of everyone in that family I'm doing the best in life. I got into the State University of NY at Stony Brook with a full scholarship, work full time and take care of 2 kids. My grandma thought my major was 'useless' Go figure.

I want to know your opinion. I don't want to invite a bunch of two-faced people who will talk about me at my own wedding, I also don't want to piss off my Dad or hurt anyone's feelings. The #1 trash-talker is my Grandma, and that would really hurt my dad if I didn't invite her. I'm just sick of their #######. What's your opinion on this guys?

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Timeline
I have a question for all of you guys - nothing to do with the K1 Process, but relevant nonetheless...

My mom, sister, and whole mom's side of the fam is cool with it. They are normally OK with whatever I do because they know I make good decisions, and that me wanting to marry Luis is HUGE because I didn't even want to marry my ex (the father of my 2 kids) and actually never did (thank god).

My dad's side thinks that I'm a complete idiot. They think Luis only wants to date me for a Visa to the US (he's actually not all that excited about leaving Peru, in fact he'd probably rather me go there), and that I'm making a HORRIBLE decision. They've never actually told me this, it's a thru-the-grapevine (AKA my mom) type thing. However, I'm not completely surprised, being as they criticize every single move I make although out of everyone in that family I'm doing the best in life. I got into the State University of NY at Stony Brook with a full scholarship, work full time and take care of 2 kids. My grandma thought my major was 'useless' Go figure.

I want to know your opinion. I don't want to invite a bunch of two-faced people who will talk about me at my own wedding, I also don't want to piss off my Dad or hurt anyone's feelings. The #1 trash-talker is my Grandma, and that would really hurt my dad if I didn't invite her. I'm just sick of their #######. What's your opinion on this guys?

Well Susy, the advice I would give you is don't stress over what other's think. Invite the normal family, friends,etc to your wedding. "Present" the opportunity for them to come. If they have problems, let them deal with their own demons over this. This is the best time of your life and you don't need any negativity to bring you down.

Of course, folks may be "shocked" about the whole process. My friends are cool with it all. They knew I was talking about doing it for several years. I work in a highly diverse company and coworkers are supportive :)

Now I must say that my family was suprised that I am doing this for a 2nd time LOL

So guys just a quick question after reading all your thread.... The correct answer to part C for a non military is

1) NA

2) NO

3) nothing since its a follow up of 2?

crs, I left #1 blank (I don't think I'll get dinged on that)

as for 2 and 3, you are correct.

Edited by desenchantee

s4z18g.gif2lw0q4m.gif

JON & OLENKA

Timeline:

4/30/08 NOA1 date

5/29/08 TOUCHED

5/30/08 TOUCHED

8/7/08 NOA2

8/14/08 NOA2 hardcopy

8/18/08 Received by NVC

8/25/08? Left NVC

11/5/08 Interview date

geicocavemanyx6.jpg

Timeline
Do you mind if i ask what happened the first time??

will send a pm

s4z18g.gif2lw0q4m.gif

JON & OLENKA

Timeline:

4/30/08 NOA1 date

5/29/08 TOUCHED

5/30/08 TOUCHED

8/7/08 NOA2

8/14/08 NOA2 hardcopy

8/18/08 Received by NVC

8/25/08? Left NVC

11/5/08 Interview date

geicocavemanyx6.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Brian

LOL

Susy, you have empathy here. Both my parents are still alive, and I have a brother, but I haven't seen the old man in years, and my brother is a sad 34-year-old virgin that still lives at home with mum (I kid you not) so their opinions are completely irrelevant. That leaves my mum, whom I'm very close to. She's deeply unhappy about the whole thing, because she thinks 'er indoors is "totally unsuitable" due to the fact that she's a hillbilly :lol: . She just doesn't get the fact that that we have all these things in common (most notably taste in music, which is a huge part of our lives) and how important that is. She's desperate for me to marry a flaxen-haired, English virgin, fresh from dancing round a maypole! The fact that 'er indoors has 2 kids is also a factor. Mum is very old fashioned, and is unimpressed about me taking on someone else's kids - especially seeing as she has no biological grandchildren of her own. But you know what? TOO DAMN BAD!!! She'll get over it!

On the flip side of that, I also have to deal with 'er indoors' ex and the ex in-laws, who are also hillbillys and live in the next town along - you can imagine the #### I have to put up with from them!!! But you know what? They can #### off too!!!!!! In fact, anyone in the whole wide world that has a problem with my marrying 'er indoors can kiss my hairy English #######!! PERIOD!!!

I really hope you've found this advice helpful. :lol:

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.