visaveteran1

Calling all James Shortcuts Experts

27 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Want to ask about barcode cover sheet for the 230: First question was asked before by another poster but only got a few answers that did not allay my concerns. The "authentic" NVC coversheet has both a blue logo and also the letterhead and the word "Immigration" are also blue. On the James version, only the logo is blue...thus a tipoff it's not the real coversheet.

Does this pose a problem? I assume other shortcut users had no problems using the coversheet but thought I'd check in again. I even wondered if the NVC recently changed the color cosmetics of the cover letter?

Second issue is when I put my name and address in all caps it pushes the text to a second page but only one line. I messed around with spacing and formatting and got everything back on one page. Anyway, this must happen sometimes and wonder if it's an issue if the cover sheet goes to two pages?

Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

the color there haven't been issue with.

you can change the color in JS to blue color and it doesn't make a different.

from what i notice of the original and short cut cover sheet. the name it self.

some time u have to enter the middle name.

as long as you get the date and stuffs on you will all set.

it should be working fine

Marriage : 2006-05-17

-------------------------
USCIS Process
-------------------------
I-130 Sent : 2007-06-12
I-130 Approved : 2007-12-05
Status: Take 179 days to complete, because of notarize marriage certificate(RFE).

-----------------------
NVC Process
-----------------------
NVC Received : 2007-12-06
Case Completed at NVC : 2008-03-13 Case Complete Forward to Embassy
Case Left NVC : 2008-03-18
Status: Take 97 days to complete, because of the tax return and w2 (RFE),

-----------------------------
Consulate Process
Consulate Received : 5/12/2008 Eligible for interview, waiting for notice (Per DOS)
Packet 4 Received : 6/11/2008
Interview Date : 7/10/2008 interview at 7:15am (Per DOS)
Blue - Required Overcome. Overcome send 7/24
8/19/2008 Going back to GUZ to get visa stamp
Visa Received : 8/22/2008
US Entry : 10/17/2008 JFK Port of Entry

Citizenship Process

N-400 Filed: 11/25/2012

Interview Date: 1/2013 (Passed)

Ceremony: 03/2013

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My experience was that the actual content of the cover sheet was not relevant.

The papers are (I guess) processed when they arrive by scanning the bar code, and then entering the paper to the file. I think they would only read or look at the page if it did not scan properly.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Want to ask about barcode cover sheet for the 230: First question was asked before by another poster but only got a few answers that did not allay my concerns. The "authentic" NVC coversheet has both a blue logo and also the letterhead and the word "Immigration" are also blue. On the James version, only the logo is blue...thus a tipoff it's not the real coversheet.

Does this pose a problem? I assume other shortcut users had no problems using the coversheet but thought I'd check in again. I even wondered if the NVC recently changed the color cosmetics of the cover letter?

Second issue is when I put my name and address in all caps it pushes the text to a second page but only one line. I messed around with spacing and formatting and got everything back on one page. Anyway, this must happen sometimes and wonder if it's an issue if the cover sheet goes to two pages?

Thanks.

I didn't know they were blue when I made up the coversheet -- someone had just sent me a graphic of the logo.

Obviously, it's not a problem because they've been accepted, but if you want to change the letterhead and the word "IMMIGRATION" to blue, just highlight them in Word, click on Font under the Format menu, click on the "Font color:" drop down box and, at the bottom of that box, click on "More Colors..." In the box that pops up, click on the Custom tab, then enter 60 for Red, 120 for Green, and 255 for Blue. Then click on OK and OK again.

That should more or less go with the logo. The actual darkest color in the logo is 127, 182, and 222, but that seems a little light for text, at least on the screen. It might look all right or even better printed out, though, but you'd have to test it out for yourself.

Meh

Timeline

Thanks.

I didn't know they were blue when I made up the coversheet -- someone had just sent me a graphic of the logo.

Obviously, it's not a problem because they've been accepted, but if you want to change the letterhead and the word "IMMIGRATION" to blue, just highlight them in Word, click on Font under the Format menu, click on the "Font color:" drop down box and, at the bottom of that box, click on "More Colors..." In the box that pops up, click on the Custom tab, then enter 60 for Red, 120 for Green, and 255 for Blue. Then click on OK and OK again.

That should more or less go with the logo. The actual darkest color in the logo is 127, 182, and 222, but that seems a little light for text, at least on the screen. It might look all right or even better printed out, though, but you'd have to test it out for yourself.

Hey, great to get advice from the creator of the shortcuts, himself. Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a shot. And thanks for the great timing saving shortcuts!

Here is new copy of DS-320. The picture is clearer. Text color is blue and I open the table's cell in the name section for the people with long names so when they write their names it won't push title to the right anymore. I hope it will be helpful. I have to say I used James document and it worked fine

test.doc

Edited by sharif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Here is new copy of DS-320. The picture is clearer. Text color is blue and I open the table's cell in the name section for the people with long names so when they write their names it won't push title to the right anymore. I hope it will be helpful. I have to say I used James document and it worked fine

That's cool. I use your blue picture and header. I know it doesn't matter much but I've a question for the name convention:

Do I need to use LASTNAME, FIRSTNAME MIDDLENAME or FIRSTNAME MIDDLENAME LASTNAME (ALL CAPS)?

I-130 Journey

USCIS

2007-07-17 : Marriage

2007-08-14 : I-130 Sent

2007-10-02 : I-130 NOA1

2008-03-06 : I-130 NOA2

NVC

2008-03-18 : NVC Case # Assigned

2008-04-28 : I-864EZ Cleared at NVC

2008-05-19 : NVC Forwarded Case to HCMC

CONSULATE

2008-05-21 : HCMC Received Electronic File

2008-06-05 : Interview Passed!

2008-06-17 : Visa in Hand

US

2008-06-24 : POE - Newark

2008-07-24 : Received Green Card

2008-08-25 : Received SS Card

2010-04-12 : I-751 and Check Sent

2010-04-21 : I-751 NOA Received - 1 Year Extension

2010-08-20 : 10-Year Green Card Arrived

Naturalization

2012-08-27 : File N-400

2012-08-31 : Check Cashed

2012-09-06 : N-400 NOA

2012-09-19 : Biometric Appointment and Fingerprint

2012-10-15 : Receive Naturalization Interview Date

2012-11-19 : Naturalization Interview Completed

2013-01-14 : Oath Letter received

2013-01-16 : Oath Ceremony / Become US Citizen

Timeline

Sharif, GREAT JOB! Thanks!!

That's cool. I use your blue picture and header. I know it doesn't matter much but I've a question for the name convention:

Do I need to use LASTNAME, FIRSTNAME MIDDLENAME or FIRSTNAME MIDDLENAME LASTNAME (ALL CAPS)?

Here is new Document with th name format. The address should be all caps too.

### STREET ADDRESS

CITY, STATE #####

Good Luck

test2.doc

Edited by sharif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Here is new Document with th name format. The address should be all caps too.

### STREET ADDRESS

CITY, STATE #####

Good Luck

Awesome work. Should preserve this form or at least naming convention in Wilki guide.

I-130 Journey

USCIS

2007-07-17 : Marriage

2007-08-14 : I-130 Sent

2007-10-02 : I-130 NOA1

2008-03-06 : I-130 NOA2

NVC

2008-03-18 : NVC Case # Assigned

2008-04-28 : I-864EZ Cleared at NVC

2008-05-19 : NVC Forwarded Case to HCMC

CONSULATE

2008-05-21 : HCMC Received Electronic File

2008-06-05 : Interview Passed!

2008-06-17 : Visa in Hand

US

2008-06-24 : POE - Newark

2008-07-24 : Received Green Card

2008-08-25 : Received SS Card

2010-04-12 : I-751 and Check Sent

2010-04-21 : I-751 NOA Received - 1 Year Extension

2010-08-20 : 10-Year Green Card Arrived

Naturalization

2012-08-27 : File N-400

2012-08-31 : Check Cashed

2012-09-06 : N-400 NOA

2012-09-19 : Biometric Appointment and Fingerprint

2012-10-15 : Receive Naturalization Interview Date

2012-11-19 : Naturalization Interview Completed

2013-01-14 : Oath Letter received

2013-01-16 : Oath Ceremony / Become US Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

is this the only cover sheet needed for the DS-230? I am ready to send now but a little gun shy...2 weeks have passed since they said they sent it to me and nothing in the mail from NVC, but I did get the last document from my husband and it is all ready with duplicates of documents.

06/11/2007 Married

07/23/2007 Sent I-130 (priority date)

08/02/2007 NOA-1

12/21/2007 Approval (checked online)Merry Christmas

12/26/2007 NAO-2 postmarked

NVC

01/07/2008 NVC received case number assigned

01/28/2008 NVC generates and mails DS-3032 and AOS bill

01/29/2008 (DS-3032 request emailed by husband and fee paid using James shortcuts)

02/01/2008 AOS fee bill received by NVC

02/05/2008 I-864 packet generated (called NVC for this information)

02/09/2008 mailed I-864 packet priority mail

02/11/2008 IV Fee bill generated and paid IV bill using experimental shortcut

02/19/2008 recieved IV fee bill

03/24/2008 DS-230 generated (NVC operator informed me)

04/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE/ interview date JUNE 6th

06/06/2008 AP

12/15/2008 case returned for further review

10/01/2009 USCIS REAFFIRMS APPROVAL CASE SENT TO DOS

11/09/2009 CASE BACK IN CHENNAI

12/10/2009 2ND INTERVIEW rescheduled twice, now Feb. 12th 2010

02/19/2010 Passport with IR-1 visa recieved

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Question for all you JS experts..

Has anyone ever created a barcoded coversheet for the I-864 coversheet and been successful? My friend got a RFE message for the I-864 that her hubby forgot to sign and request for his 2007 tax return. Has all info ready and waiting to send. Would it be advisable to create the barcoded sheet and send it in?

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

is this the only cover sheet needed for the DS-230? I am ready to send now but a little gun shy...2 weeks have passed since they said they sent it to me and nothing in the mail from NVC, but I did get the last document from my husband and it is all ready with duplicates of documents.

yes that is the only one you need pluse your 230 and your docus

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.