Susita

Income Requirements

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

I'm getting ready to submit a K-1 Visa application, but before I start the process I just want to make sure that we are eligible.

I am a single mom of two kids, so with my fiancee, that would be a household of 4

The 125% poverty line for a family of four is 26,500. My income is 31,000 BUT last year I only made 20,000 because I was only working part-time (I was still in school) and so my income tax return will show the lesser amount. My job will write me a statement and I can photocopy my paystubs and submit that as well...

I just want to know if this will be a problem. I did not want to ask anyone to co-sponser me, but if I have to, I will. I only owe student loans that I can payback over time. I do not have any assets. My bank account has about 2,000 dollars in it.

Will I be ok?

I'm worried! :wacko: :wacko:

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I would get a cosponsor to be on the safe side. It is possible that your consulate will not require a cosponsor if your current income is sufficient. But better to be safe than sorry.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

If you are making over the 125% now...you are fine.

I don't think it really matters what you made last year, they want to know current income now...and you are well over what is required.

I don't think you need a co-sponsor.

:)

Smiles.

P.S. if your income changes to below the 125% by the time the interview rolls around, then I would get a co-sponsor obviously.

Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
I'm getting ready to submit a K-1 Visa application, but before I start the process I just want to make sure that we are eligible.

I am a single mom of two kids, so with my fiancee, that would be a household of 4

The 125% poverty line for a family of four is 26,500. My income is 31,000 BUT last year I only made 20,000 because I was only working part-time (I was still in school) and so my income tax return will show the lesser amount. My job will write me a statement and I can photocopy my paystubs and submit that as well...

I just want to know if this will be a problem. I did not want to ask anyone to co-sponser me, but if I have to, I will. I only owe student loans that I can payback over time. I do not have any assets. My bank account has about 2,000 dollars in it.

Will I be ok?

I'm worried! :wacko: :wacko:

Last year is last year! Your employer should be giving you a letter on company letterhead stating your current Position title, start date, current salary, full-time or part-time, etc. This should suffice. Past tax returns are not the only way your current income is measured. They use the employer letter along with tax returns to show consistency in determining your ability to support your future spouse. Fernanda had about 3 months of my "pay stubs" at the Interview along with the Company letter, 3 tax returns and a couple bank statements, just in case there were any questions surrounding "proof" of my salary.

Fernanda's Timeline

K-1

June 2, 2006 - Mailed K1 Petition

Jun 28, 2006 - NOA1

Oct 05, 2006 - NOA2 - APPROVED after 122 days

Dec 05, 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Consulate

Dec 11, 2006 - Medical Examination in Belo Horizonte

Jan 10, 2007 - Returned Packet #3 to Consulate (SEDEX-10)

Mar 13, 2007 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS! We have our K-1 VISA !!

POE & Texas Wedding

Mar 27, 2007 - POE Houston, TX. No questions. Gone in 10 minutes.

Mar 28, 2007 - Marriage License app

April 4, 2007 - Our Wedding Day!

April 12, 2007 - Apply for SS card with married name

April 20, 2007 - Received SS card

AOS

June 4, 2007 - Mailed AOS

June 6, 2007 - USCIS received

June 11, 2007 - NOA1 for I-485

July 18, 2007 - Biometrics completed

July 20, 2007 - Case transferred from MSC to CSC

July 31, 2007 - AOS Approved - 57 days - Without an Interview!

Aug 06, 2007 - Received Green Card in the mail today!

Jan 8, 2009 @ 8:18PM - Our son was born tonight !!

I-751 - Remove Conditions

July 11, 2009 - Certified Mail to VSC I-751 Package

July 14, 2009 - Check cleared bank

July 20, 2009 - NOA1 & 1 yr extension - Receipt date is July 14. Case# assigned

Sept 1, 2009 - Biometrics completed

Nov 25, 2009 - I-751 is approved. No Interview.

Dec 14, 2009 - 10yr Green Card arrived !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I concur, last year is last year. Maybe last year you were slinging burgers for minimum wage and this year you landed that executive position.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

They are right. Regardless of what you made last year it's your current income that they are concerned with. My income tax barely broke the min required but this year it will be well above. So provide what everyone has said and you should be fine.

Filed: Other Timeline

Read up on the Peruvian consulate. Find out if they are 'sticklers' for last year's income from the tax return (they may not even want to see the tax return) or if they use paystub verification.

Moving the thread to Embassy Forums so you are in the right place for your research!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Peru has been known to ask for 3 years of taxes....My last year looked better that my current year because I am working with a non profit and my income is actually a stipind. At our interview all of our financial info was returned (including a co-sponsor and all of that info) and they requested that we send back ONLY the affidavit of support, my last year return and my W-2. No bank letter, no employer letter nothing else... (don't get me wrong, I am not saying they are unnecessary, they are very important)

However, all that said, I think you will be just fine at your current amount.

If you wanted to prepare a co sponsor you could have everything ready then only submit if it is needed.

Jun: I Met Elias in Peru

Oct: Returned to Peru. Elias proposed!!

Nov 26: Mailed I-129F to VSC

Nov 28: Rec. Signature Confirm of delivery from USPS

Nov 29: Check cashed ; rec. receipt number. E-NOA1

Feb 14: Touch

Feb 14: NOA2 by email!

Feb 19: File Arrived @ NVC

Feb 20: Hard-copy NOA2

Feb 21: File Left NVC for Lima.

Feb 25: File @ U.S. embassy in Lima!

Mar 04: Rec. Packet 3/4

Mar 18: 8 a.m. My Morenito's Interview!!

Mar 25: VISA IN HAND!!!

Apr 4: My love is home!!!!

Apr 29: Our marriage. And life begins anew..

Dec 31: Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP to Chicago

Jan 5: Rec. e-mail confirm of delivery from USPS

Jan 8: Check cashed. MSC number not visible....

Jan 12: Rec. Hard Copy Notices for AOS, EAD, and AP. Touched

Jan 16: Rec. NOA-Biometrics Scheduled 1/28/09

Jan 28: 9:00 a.m. Biometrics appt. Fast - 15 minutes in and out!

Jan 29: Touched.

Feb 3: AOS Trans. to CSC

Feb 10: AOS Arrived @ CSC

Mar 04: Touch on AOS

Mar 09: Notifice that AP approved 3/6/09

Mar 13: Rec. AP

Mar 16: Rec. EAD (surprised as USCIS shows no updates)

Apr 3: Rec Welcome Letter, AOS approved 03/30 (surprise, no updates on website)

Apr 8: GC Received

June 5: Our precious baby girl arrived!

June 7: Our darling son arrived!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.