Chrissy25

i hate surprises

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well, i was changing our son when the phone rang. Couldent get there in time but it was my mum and she left a message, her and her husban are sat on a plane on there way over to see us. Now i feel annoyed, they never told us they were coming and my mother and i have a strained relationship sometimes to say the least. She always goes on about us moving back to England and a huge fight always happens. She uses guilt tactics about how she is away from our 1 year old son, but i refuse to live my life for anyone else....uhhh sorry for ranting but need some thoughts

Chrissy UK (Yorkshire) John USA (Minnesota)

20/July/05 Married in Las Vegas!!

AOS approved April 12th 2006!!

4/01/08 mailed I-751 to Nebraska

4/3/08 package arrives at Nebraska

4/11/08 check cashed

4/14/08 recieved NOA extension letter

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

5/02/08 Biometrics scheduled

5/02/08 Biometrics completed in 10 mins!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

Chrissy,

Regardless if your relationship is strained or not, imo i wouldnt be too happy in the least to get a phone call telling me i was getting company in x amount of hours. I kinda see her point in wanting to see her grandchild more, but it is your life, and you can choose where to live and whats best for you. If she starts on with the guilt, i would tell her im sorry you feel this way and i know its hard for you not being able to see the baby, but at the end of the day i am happy with my choice to be here, and for the sake of everyone, rows over this get us no where, and ask her not to bring it up again. If she didnt respect my wishes id ask her to leave. But thats just me. :blush:

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

if you can afford it, put her up at a hotel and then you can minimize the interference from her.

Si me dieran a elegir una vez más_____ Nos casamos: el 01 de Julio 2008

te elegiría sin pensarlo _______________ Una cita con una abogada para validar la info de VJ: el 24 de Agosto, 2008 (Ya ella me cree)

es que no hay nada que pensar_______ El envio del I-130: el 26 de Agosto 2008

que no existe ni motivo ni razón ______ Entregado a las 14:13 PM en el 26 de Agosto, 2008 en CHICAGO, IL. Firmado por V BUSTAMANTE.

para dudarlo ni un segundo ___________ La 1ra Notificación de Acción (NOA1): el 29 de Agosto 2008

porque tú has sido lo mejor ___________ El cheque al USCIS cobró: el 2 de Septiembre, 2008

que todo este corazón ________________ Un toque el 19 de septiembre, 2008

y que entre el cielo y tú

yo me quedo contigo

-Franco deVita

Timeline
Chrissy,

Regardless if your relationship is strained or not, imo i wouldnt be too happy in the least to get a phone call telling me i was getting company in x amount of hours. I kinda see her point in wanting to see her grandchild more, but it is your life, and you can choose where to live and whats best for you. If she starts on with the guilt, i would tell her im sorry you feel this way and i know its hard for you not being able to see the baby, but at the end of the day i am happy with my choice to be here, and for the sake of everyone, rows over this get us no where, and ask her not to bring it up again. If she didnt respect my wishes id ask her to leave. But thats just me. :blush:

thankyou so much!!!! that is exactly how i feel.......you read my mind :) It gets so strained and stressful, i just don't feel they care if its short notice or not. I said to my hubby if the conversation turns that way i ask her to drop it or leave...thanks for the input

if you can afford it, put her up at a hotel and then you can minimize the interference from her.

they are staying in a hotel, they booked before they came. Interference is minimized only for as long as she knocks at our door :whistle:

4/11/08 check cashed

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

you could go out of town perhaps but that would be a little harsh

I do realize that you are probably working and can't afford to go out of town and running away from problems is not the best way to deal with.

12-14-07 Sent K-1 petition

12-17-07 Received NOA1

01-06-08 Got engaged!!!

02-21-08 NOA2 Approved

02-27-08 NVC processed petition

02-28-08 Received NOA2 in mail

03-03-08 Consulate in Rio de Janeiro received petition

03-21-08 Received packet for interview

04-22-08 Visa Interview and Visa APPROVED!

05-06-08 Visa received in mail

07-28-08 Wedding Date (Reception was 26th, but forgot to reigster for MC...oops)

10-04-08 Applied for AOS (EAD and AP also)

10-09-08 NOA1 for I-485

10-27-08 I-485 transferred to CSC

11-04-08 I-485 Biometrics appointment

11-13-08 NOA1 for EAD

12-09-08 EAD Biometrics appointment

01-08-09 AP Approved

01-13-09 AP Received

Cost of 3 roundtrip tickets to Brazil in last 3 years...... $2,900+

Cost of filing petitions for K-1 visa & AOS.................... $1,465+

Cost of monthly calling cards to Brazil........................$20

Cost of marrying the woman of my dreams.... PRICELESS

.png

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I can imagine the frustration. (F) Perhaps that's her way of expressing her love for you...but maybe there is a tactful way to acknowledge your appreciation for that love while letting her know that way she expresses it is overbearing? Best wishes and hope you two won't end up in a big fight when she visits.

Chrissy,

thankyou so much!!!! that is exactly how i feel.......you read my mind :) It gets so strained and stressful, i just don't feel they care if its short notice or not. I said to my hubby if the conversation turns that way i ask her to drop it or leave...thanks for the input

they are staying in a hotel, they booked before they came. Interference is minimized only for as long as she knocks at our door :whistle:

Your Welcome and Good Luck!!

Timeline
I can imagine the frustration. (F) Perhaps that's her way of expressing her love for you...but maybe there is a tactful way to acknowledge your appreciation for that love while letting her know that way she expresses it is overbearing? Best wishes and hope you two won't end up in a big fight when she visits.

thanks steven....i guess for the most part i just have to grin and bear it......i just refuse to get to the point of having a fight with her, especially as now we have a one yr old son and i will not argue when he is around...

4/11/08 check cashed

.png

.png

I do realize that you are probably working and can't afford to go out of town and running away from problems is not the best way to deal with.

:lol:

thanks steven....i guess for the most part i just have to grin and bear it......i just refuse to get to the point of having a fight with her, especially as now we have a one yr old son and i will not argue when he is around...

I dont blame you there Chrissy. The baby doesnt need to have shouting going on around him, granted he's young but can sense somethings amiss. I just hope for your sake your mom behaves ;)

Timeline

:lol:

TRUST ME...the thought for the briefest moment crossed my mind!! :whistle:

4/11/08 check cashed

.png

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

well so much for my idea :innocent:

tents4961.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

So what would she have said if you had responded, "You're coming now??? I wish you would have let us know. We're leaving for vacation tomorrow." ?

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

If your parents are coming all this way to see their grandson, make a point of them spending most of their time with him, instead of you. This way, you'll have your parents out of your hair and you and your husband may get some "adult time" to yourselves. ;)