applepie98

Foreign fiance birth certificate

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Italy
Timeline

I know this question has been already asked but still i couldnt get a clear answer to it.

Stated that is advisable to include the non USC birth certificate with the application, does the translation need to be notarized or made by a professional translator? I had a friend of mine signing the translator certificate, but im still wondering if it's good enough.

Thanks one more time for your help, dont know what i would do without this forum!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

You should be fine.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Do you need the BC for the I-129F documents? NO

We sent a copy of my husband's because we already had a copy AND the tranlsation (everything you send to USCIS needs to be translated into English). I wanted to "show" who my hubby was AND because we had written UKNOWN under father, so I wanted to send a copy showing that his father was NOT listed on the BC.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Timeline
Do you need the BC for the I-129F documents? NO

We sent a copy of my husband's because we already had a copy AND the tranlsation (everything you send to USCIS needs to be translated into English). I wanted to "show" who my hubby was AND because we had written UKNOWN under father, so I wanted to send a copy showing that his father was NOT listed on the BC.

I know the instructions dont require my BC, but i also read some people got an RFE for this...That's why im worrying about it....

I know this question has been already asked but still i couldnt get a clear answer to it.

Stated that is advisable to include the non USC birth certificate with the application, does the translation need to be notarized or made by a professional translator? I had a friend of mine signing the translator certificate, but im still wondering if it's good enough.

Thanks one more time for your help, dont know what i would do without this forum!!

I translated and notorized mine, and i'm pretty sure you need to notorize everything you translate in english.

.png

UURI.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I translated and notorized mine, and i'm pretty sure you need to notorize everything you translate in english.

The only document that needs to be notarized is the I-134. What is there to notarize with a BC - the translator's signature? That doesn't make sense.

You do not have to include the BC, but if you'd like to there is no problem - just send in the translation too.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

We also included my fiancee's BC in Spanish and an English translation (certified, not notarized). You don't have to translate the document in the US either. US firms charge a lot for this service. Look for a translator who has experience with "official" documents and can certify it (usually a seal/stamp, and signature). If you find a translator/firm in your fiancee's country who can certify the translation, you will be ok. I paid $25/document in Costa Rica instead of $80-100/page in the US.

To give you an idea of what I mean, here's what our certified BC looks like: http://home.nyc.rr.com/orange/bc.jpg

Timeline
We also included my fiancee's BC in Spanish and an English translation (certified, not notarized). You don't have to translate the document in the US either. US firms charge a lot for this service. Look for a translator who has experience with "official" documents and can certify it (usually a seal/stamp, and signature). If you find a translator/firm in your fiancee's country who can certify the translation, you will be ok. I paid $25/document in Costa Rica instead of $80-100/page in the US.

To give you an idea of what I mean, here's what our certified BC looks like: http://home.nyc.rr.com/orange/bc.jpg

Yeah..translations are quite expensive in Italy too..Yours solution is what sounds best to me though. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure that you will eventually need a translated bc, either for the interview or for adjustment of status, so you might as well do it now, include a copy with the I-129F, and not risk getting an RFE.

Timeline

Did you send a copy of the certified translation or the original? Thanks

Only send copies with the petition. Do not send any originals, keep them for the interview. If not for the interview, then you may need it for the AOS.

Timeline

Only send copies with the petition. Do not send any originals, keep them for the interview. If not for the interview, then you may need it for the AOS.

You're right...I didnt think that if i send the original translation i would have to pay for another one later on!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.