mustang-sally

Point of Entry at O'Hare, Chicago

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I wouldn't be able to say what kind of car Dave drives :unsure:

perhaps it's a trick question, and they WANT you to give the 'proper' girly answer (in my case: 'a silver one' :lol:;) )

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeremy currently drives his dad's old ford econoline :lol: *and* it's brown :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

not 'mocha'? ;)

Dave's first car was 'rust' :lol:

literally, and in colour :lol:

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I'm a bit behind the times, but I'm so sorry you two got such a grilling. Gah, IO's on power trips :angry:

I was also thinking as I read your post Maggie 'I have no idea if i'd be able to answer all those questions under all that pressure' I made mistakes on our I-130 packet cos I remembered stuff in the wrong order I think I would crumble under the pressure of an on the spot interrogation :wacko:

Well done for keeping a cool head :thumbs::thumbs:

The UK Wiki

answered politely even though inside I wanted to give him a mouthful, I was so tired.

It sucks you cannot say allot of suckers in this life everything you think about them just because you depend so damn much on them.

But congratulations with the wedding you're going to be having.

Relax, you did it!

.png

UURI.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

POE into Chicago isnt always the nicest port to come through I dont think.

My husband (then finance') never had any problems coming into American on his K-1. Where he encountered his problems

was when after we got married within a year later we took a trip to England. He had all his necessary paperwork to travel

in and out of the US.

Anyway, where he had problems was re-entering back into the USA. Here I am the USC with our infant daughter travelling back

from England and he gets interrogated at the POE back into the US. They pulled him aside, patted him down and made him

go off to the side to an eclosed room to sit and wait.

After about 30 mins they called him up to the desk ram sacked all his paperwork asked him a series of questions that lasted about

20-30mins.........and I mean that lady was nasty nasty nasty (hateful) to him as she was questioning him. I was sitting a good distance

away from him and I could hear all her nasty hateful questions and comments she was saying to him. I was having a hard time

keeping my cool listening to the whole thing.

Then finally after him being questioned so much...........she smiled a "fake" smile and said "Welcome back home"

I was so livid about what had happened it took me ages to calm down. My British spouse on the other hand was able to maintain

his cool attitude and behavior and here I was ready to rip that womans head off her shoulders LOL..........perhaps I was tired from

the long flight, eh? :hehe:

Sharri

~~Sharri USA & Neil UK~~

12/03/04....Married.....finally

01/11/05....Got SS card in Mail :)

02/12/05....Sent out AOS, EAD & AP Certified Mail Finally !!!

02/18/05....Return Receipt Signed from Chicago Lockbox

(They have our AOS)

03/10/05....AOS NOA 1 for AOS, & AP received in Mail

03/10/05....Appt date for Biometrics & Fingerprinting St Louis

on March 23, 05 :)

04/07/05....Approval for EAD & AP via On Line :)

05/20/05....Finally Got Green card after having to contact

State Representative's Office.

Big mess with INS losing paperwork :-(

10/18/05 I N T E R V I E W in St Louis

Got RFE for W2's have 90 days to resubmit them

11/10/05....Found out there is another person in the USA with

the same name as my husbands :o !! Spelled the

same way and he's from ENGLAND TOO :-O

10/31/07....Sent I-751 to Remove Conditions (in the system yet again....ugh)

12/07.........10 yr Green Card Granted....Yipee!!

12/07.........Conditions Lifted.......Permanent Resident in the US of A......hooray!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

ohhhhh and forgot to mention...........if you think POE into Chicago is bad for the non-US citizen you should try being the USC LOL.

When I visited England (before we got married) my passport was misprinted. The USA logo stamp was right on my forehead of my passport

picture. When I got my passport in the mail and saw it I really couldnt do anything because my trip to England was only a few days away

so I went ahead and took it along so I could get into England.

Once I arrived at London, I had no problems gaining entry to England. I stayed 10 glorious days with my then b/f. We had a blast.........then came

time for me to travel back to the USA. Once I got to London airport (Heathrow) they flagged my passport.....and wouldnt allow me to board the plane back the to USA. They said my passport looked doctored. I stated it was sent to me that way and I did not have time to send it back to get corrected.

I was questioned by several management staff members before they finally allowed me to board the plane. I had to ask to speak to someone from the US Embassy to get this straigtened out and I told them if I miss that flight to the USA Id get in trouble at work as I had to be back to work in 2 days. They finally allowed me to go through........but only after I was asked to strip my shoes and socks off and have a metal rod run between my toes........to check for weapons???? #######?? lol :blink: then they emptied the contents of my carry-on on the table while they went through it piece by piece. They picked up a pair of tweezers and said.......why do you have these on your possession?? I said to tweeze my eyebrows while I was staying in England.....hello??? She said we cannot allow you to board the plane with these you'll have to come with us......I threw a fit and management came over and I said just keep the tweezers Ill buy new ones when I get to the US.......it was the last call for the flight.......I said Ill miss that flight if you dont allow me to go......finally.........I was allowed to board........and can you believe they put all the contents back into my bag......including the tweezers??

I was never so glad to get on a plane in my life lol.........only to come home to the USA at the POE in Chicago........oh brother did I have more problems there. I was almost in tears over the whole thing...........here I had a country that wouldnt let me leave it (England) when I was trying to and then I had my own country (USA) who wasnt going to allow me entry because of my passport picture being misprinted.

What a mess!! I stood in line for over 30 mins explaining and pleading my case before several management staff (yet again). I told them Englands airport officials werent going to allow me to leave their country and now I cant even get back into my own home country. The lady politely informed me that she could reject my entry into the US because of my passport. I guess the stress of my facial expression and near tears made her feel sorry for me........I said to her............all I want to do is come home.......thats all.........not cause any problems......just to go home. She finally stamped my entry back into the USA and said to get my passport fixed immediately because the next time I travel abroad and try to re-enter the US I wont be allowed back in.

Phew.....I was so glad that was over........it almost made me not want to ever fly again........anywhere.........ohhh and did I mention........this was my very first flight abroad...........LOL what a trip!!!

Sharri

~~Sharri USA & Neil UK~~

12/03/04....Married.....finally

01/11/05....Got SS card in Mail :)

02/12/05....Sent out AOS, EAD & AP Certified Mail Finally !!!

02/18/05....Return Receipt Signed from Chicago Lockbox

(They have our AOS)

03/10/05....AOS NOA 1 for AOS, & AP received in Mail

03/10/05....Appt date for Biometrics & Fingerprinting St Louis

on March 23, 05 :)

04/07/05....Approval for EAD & AP via On Line :)

05/20/05....Finally Got Green card after having to contact

State Representative's Office.

Big mess with INS losing paperwork :-(

10/18/05 I N T E R V I E W in St Louis

Got RFE for W2's have 90 days to resubmit them

11/10/05....Found out there is another person in the USA with

the same name as my husbands :o !! Spelled the

same way and he's from ENGLAND TOO :-O

10/31/07....Sent I-751 to Remove Conditions (in the system yet again....ugh)

12/07.........10 yr Green Card Granted....Yipee!!

12/07.........Conditions Lifted.......Permanent Resident in the US of A......hooray!!!

Ouch, mustang-sally and Crisscat, what a nasty experience. :(

I've entered through Chicago twice and I've never had any real problems although they are quite brusque and not at all friendly. I'm considering not having Chicago as my POE once I have my visa in hand.

I certainly wouldn't be able to say what car Alex drove, either.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

As was said earlier, it must depend on the day and who you get. We've both gone through O'hare multiple times without an ounce of hassle.

SA4userbar.jpg

Uuuughhh - sorry to hear you had such a lousy time at immigration :wow:

I've flown into Chicago a few times and I absolutely hate it - I much prefer Cincinatti - pleasant, friendly and helpful every single time.

Maybe it's just the sheer size and volume of passengers at O'Hare that makes everyone there so bad tempered - whatever, I just avoid it if at all possible!

I hope the rest of your Visa Journey is going well :)

Edited by Barbarella UK

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2008-03-25

NOA Date : 2008-04-04

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2008-04-24

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date : 2008-06-13

Approval / Denial Date : 2008-06-13

Approved : Yes

Welcome Letter Received: 2008-06-21

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received: 2008-06-26

Comments :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.