Hilarious Clinton

Supreme Court to back right to bear arms

146 posts in this topic

#6, most gun lovers have a taste for the 'ol ultra-violence' , not to over-generalized ..but the ones i grew up with and know did/do

I have never found this to be true. Most fellow gun owners I know work in nuclear field like me and are subject to background checks and psychological tests. Several guys I know own lots of guns and have never even hit a person let alone pull a gun on someone.

I just think some people look for any excuse to disarm people.

:thumbs:

Most "gun lovers" as you put it, in fact are some of the most responsible, law abiding citizens you will meet. Disarming people is just another liberal bleeding heart leftwing load of bollox. A short drive from my home here in Northern VA, I could find a whole host of gang members and groups of young guys in hoods looking suspicious. The fact that they appear to leave the area when the sun goes down, and allegedly head out to the District speaks volumes (just what I have been told). With many people here in VA having concealed carry licenses, any attempts at criminal activity are a major risk to the criminal. DC is simply easier pickings. DC residents should be allowed to protect themselves, their families, and their homes.

Im originally from the UK and banning guns there hasn't prevented a rapid increase in gun crime. It won't work in DC either. IMO, disarming your residents and citizens, is simply helping the criminal element get one step ahead.

Woe betide anyone who comes into my home expecting to leave with a sack of loot. They are leaving in the sack itself.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/c...1,3492158.story

By Andrew Blankstein, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer

March 20, 2008

A West Covina woman who was on the phone talking with 911 dispatchers about a possible burglary was shot and killed Wednesday morning, apparently while the crime was in progress, Los Angeles County sheriff's officials said.

The victim was shot at a home in the 19700 block of Cameron Avenue about 11:40 a.m. while she was on the phone with 911 emergency dispatchers, said Lt. Dan Rosenberg.

The victim, whom authorities described as a "female Asian adult," was pronounced dead at the scene.

"It was perfectly obvious that she was defenseless and in absolutely no position to harm these individuals," Rosenberg said. "For whatever reason, they elected to shoot her."

Rosenberg did not disclose details of the shooting. He said the investigation was continuing and no motive had been established for the slaying.

"It was vicious," he said.

Detectives were canvassing the neighborhood for witnesses. One person told authorities that at least one person had been seen running from the residence.

Anyone with information about the crime is asked to call the sheriff's homicide bureau at (323) 890-5500.

andrew.blankstein

@latimes.com

Sure sounds like disarming the law-abiding and making them depend on 911 is a good idea ...

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

March 20, 2008

A West Covina woman who was on the phone talking with 911 dispatchers about a possible burglary was shot and killed Wednesday morning, apparently while the crime was in progress, Los Angeles County sheriff's officials said.

The victim was shot at a home in the 19700 block of Cameron Avenue about 11:40 a.m. while she was on the phone with 911 emergency dispatchers, said Lt. Dan Rosenberg.

The victim, whom authorities described as a "female Asian adult," was pronounced dead at the scene.

"It was perfectly obvious that she was defenseless and in absolutely no position to harm these individuals," Rosenberg said. "For whatever reason, they elected to shoot her."

Rosenberg did not disclose details of the shooting. He said the investigation was continuing and no motive had been established for the slaying.

Detectives were canvassing the neighborhood for witnesses. One person told authorities that at least one person had been seen running from the residence.

Anyone with information about the crime is asked to call the sheriff's homicide bureau at (323) 890-5500.

andrew.blankstein

@latimes.com

Sure sounds like disarming the law-abiding and making them depend on 911 is a good idea ...

that and chalk ....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

March 20, 2008

andrew.blankstein

@latimes.com

Exactly. Like I said earlier - In the event an intruder were in my home, I would rather be drawing my gun than hiding in a corner on hold with 911.

Timeline
Most "gun lovers" as you put it, in fact are some of the most responsible, law abiding citizens you will meet. Disarming people is just another liberal bleeding heart leftwing load of bollox. A short drive from my home here in Northern VA, I could find a whole host of gang members and groups of young guys in hoods looking suspicious. The fact that they appear to leave the area when the sun goes down, and allegedly head out to the District speaks volumes (just what I have been told). With many people here in VA having concealed carry licenses, any attempts at criminal activity are a major risk to the criminal. DC is simply easier pickings. DC residents should be allowed to protect themselves, their families, and their homes.

Im originally from the UK and banning guns there hasn't prevented a rapid increase in gun crime. It won't work in DC either. IMO, disarming your residents and citizens, is simply helping the criminal element get one step ahead.

Woe betide anyone who comes into my home expecting to leave with a sack of loot. They are leaving in the sack itself.

Yea I have to say that I'm pretty annoyed with the picture being painted of gun owners on here (even if it i in jest). I believe that it is a person's responsibility to protect her own life and the lives of her family. Failing to do so (IMO) is as bad as failing to provide food and shelter. I think that most cops do a great job. But when seconds are critical, I think it's irresponsible to rely primarily on police officers. It's also pretty foolish in my eyes.

britty, I live in NoVA too and I know exactly what you're talking about. I don't care what anyone says - knowing that your "mark" is probably armed is a major deterrent for criminals. No one is going to car jack, rob, mug someone who is likely to be carrying.

Timeline

All this anti-gun talk is about as nonsensical as talking about bringing back slavery, taking the vote away from women, dictating religion to the people or denying rights based on race. These are individual rights in the US Constitution and they aren't up for review.

Why people feel the need to argue in circles about why we should take guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens is beyond me. It's all moot.

You can't amend an Amendment.

I'm a Liberal... and this ignorant rambling (and mudslinging at "gun-lovers") about how we need to wipe out guns is just silly to me. It makes Liberals look bad - just like defending the war in Iraq makes Conservatives look bad.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm thinking the Supreme Court will rule that an outright ban of handguns is unconstitutional, but restrictions of purchasing, carrying and ownership will be noted as acceptable. Hopefully, SCOTUS will have the foresight to recognize that local governments have a right to protect its citizens without infringing on the intention of the Second Amendment.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Exactly. Like I said earlier - In the event an intruder were in my home, I would rather be drawing my gun than hiding in a corner on hold with 911.

:thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I'm thinking the Supreme Court will rule that an outright ban of handguns is unconstitutional, but restrictions of purchasing, carrying and ownership will be noted as acceptable. Hopefully, SCOTUS will have the foresight to recognize that local governments have a right to protect its citizens without infringing on the intention of the Second Amendment.

i agree, they will allow the local and states to monitor and control the sale...usage and availabilty of forearms..not much will change at all.. Illinois, will still ahve a firearm ID card..and 3 day wait for a pistol and no conceal carry..and no loaded weapon in the vehicle or ammo neard the firearm...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Yea I have to say that I'm pretty annoyed with the picture being painted of gun owners on here (even if it i in jest). I believe that it is a person's responsibility to protect her own life and the lives of her family. Failing to do so (IMO) is as bad as failing to provide food and shelter. I think that most cops do a great job. But when seconds are critical, I think it's irresponsible to rely primarily on police officers. It's also pretty foolish in my eyes.

britty, I live in NoVA too and I know exactly what you're talking about. I don't care what anyone says - knowing that your "mark" is probably armed is a major deterrent for criminals. No one is going to car jack, rob, mug someone who is likely to be carrying.

:lol::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: