Queen Jenn

Now I'm Worried

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ok, after reading Zee's post about the phone records. My SO and I mostly talk on the phone. I have the phone logs showing the date and time of the call, the length of the call and the phone numbers used.

I send him greeting cards through snail mail. We occasionally send e-cards. We RARELY email.

Has anybody who has gone through Lagos had a problem with phone calls being their primary form of communication?

I-129F

11/15/2007 = Package sent overnight Fedex to CSC

11/16/2007 = Package arrived at CSC

11/21/2007 = NOA1 (according to www.uscis.gov online case status)

11/26/2007 = Check cashed (YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!)

11/28/2007 = Touched

11/30/2007 = Rec'd NOA1 hard copy in the mail

12/20/2007 = Touched

12/21/2007 = Touched

03/12/2008 = Touched (due to phone call)

03/24/2008 = NOA2!!!!!!!!!

03/25/2008 = Touched

04/23/2008 = Touched

05/05/2008 = Arrived at Consulate

05/12/2008 = Picked up Packets 3 & 4

06/24/2008 = Interview Date and APPROVAL

07/02/2008 = Picked up Visa at Embassy

07/05/2008 = Arrival in the U.S.!!!!!!!!! Met at POE in ATLANTA

07/06/2008 = Fly back to Salt Lake City Together!!!!

08/06/2008 = MARRIED TODAY!!!

AOS & EAD

08/23/2008 = Package sent via USPS with Signature Confirmation

08/25/2008 = Package arrived in Chicago

08/26/2008 = Check cashed

09/02/2008 = NOA1 for EAD and AOS received in the mail.

4400355_bodyshot_300x400.gif4400923_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Not Lagos....We went through Jamaica. Andre and I ONLY communicated through phone calls and the greeting cards I made and tried to mail him one a day. He took a whole box of those cards to the embassy. They were so overwhelmed, they didn't even look at them.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Sorry about that Jenn :blush:

Here is our situation. We had my itinerary from when I saw him in 2007, pictures (20), 28 pages of e-mails, a month worth of chat records (about 74 pages because that is all I was going to print), our text message logs (6 months worth) and the phone logs (6 months worth). That was what we had and the CO said that our evidence was overwhelming.

Honestly we think that bringing the letters is just an excuse to issue the visa at a later date since we are not planning to use it right away. All we have are about 10 letters between us and receipts from packages we sent each other. That had better be enough.

It is possible that this particular CO was being picky as well. Who knows?

But remember, we went through Ghana.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

I see a pattern here somewhere. In LL's case through Liberia , his medical was " lost " according to that embassy...........it seemed they were

dragging it out for some unknown excuse. LL if you read this please post your thoughts, but didn't they stall somehow, basically approved him but then did a last minute home investigation and then it made sense as to why they stalled ?

In Zee's case there should be no excuse to stall and just say not enough letters so the visa can be issued later, none whatsoever.

I also often read about visa printing machines being " down" or they are "out of ink " or the printing guy " didn't make it to work"............

.........I wonder what lies behing those lame excuses with these consulates and what are they doing at the last minute after the interview, that they

come up with these crazy excuses.

It is really very frustrating.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Jenn, We had like 300 or more pictures (hey we are both picture crazy, ok,ok vain), 5 or 6 months worth of Pingo phone records, I even sent 200 or so phone cards ( I know they say you should not), we had only 1 UPS from him to me. we both had 3 passport stamps to Ghana and hotel reservations in his name, and my 2 stamps to Nigeria and no more than 8 email between the 2 of us. Even though he would flash me, I would pick his call once a week or so (oops), therefore, I sent my Tmobile records with his incoming calls to me. We talked on the phone atleast 5 times a day what the hell would we email about; and snail mail I have been waiting 3 weeks for a card from his relative, 3 weeks (what tha).

Naturalization

7/14 Mailed Packet

7/19 NOA

8/14 Biometrics

8/17 In line for Interview

Jenn, We had like 300 or more pictures (hey we are both picture crazy, ok,ok vain), 5 or 6 months worth of Pingo phone records, I even sent 200 or so phone cards ( I know they say you should not), we had only 1 UPS from him to me. we both had 3 passport stamps to Ghana and hotel reservations in his name, and my 2 stamps to Nigeria and no more than 8 email between the 2 of us. Even though he would flash me, I would pick his call once a week or so (oops), therefore, I sent my Tmobile records with his incoming calls to me. We talked on the phone atleast 5 times a day what the hell would we email about; and snail mail I have been waiting 3 weeks for a card from his relative, 3 weeks (what tha).

We just had phone records as well as most of our evidence. I had outrageous phone bills before I got hip to Pingo and we never emailed each other a think we had just a few and like 5 im chat logs but all our evidence came from our phone logs.

Amy & Ola

LOVE is in your heart not to stay, but to be shared

I-130

2006-Met Online!

3/2/07-Married in Lagos!

3/12/07- Mailed I-130 to CSC

3/19/07-CSC received application

3/23/07-Received NOA-1 in mail from CSC

5/31/07-Touched!

7/30/07-Touched!

7/31/07-Touched!- Could this be a sign?God I hope so!

8/01/07-APPROVAL-via USCIS email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/06/07-Received hardcopy NOA-2 in mail from CSC

K-3

3/?/07-Mailed I-129F to Chicago

4/9/07-Received at Chicago

4/11/07-Recieved NOA-1 Case being transferred to CSC

4/25/07-Received NOA-1 Case at CSC

5/31/07-Touched!

7/30/07-Touched!

7/31/07-Touched!- Could this be a sign?God I hope so!

8/01/07-Approval-via USCIS email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/06/07-Received hardcopy NOA-2 in mail from CSC

8/29/07-Called NVC was told my petition was sent to Lagos Cons. Aug.22, 2007 got my case #

8/31/07-Received NVC Approval Letter in the Mail

9/4/07-Husband picked up packets 3 and 4-Interview Date Set for Oct.31st, 2007!

10/31/07-K3 Interview-APPROVED!!!!!!

11/06/07-Pick up Visa

11/10/07-POE Atlanta

AOS JOURNEY

12/21/07-Mailed AOS to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

12/23/07-Chicago Lockbox received AOS and EAD petition

01/04/08-NOA1 received for AOS and EAD via mail

01/29/08-Biometrics!

02/19/08-Touched! EAD Card Production Ordered

02/26/08-Email from CRIS EAD Approval Letter sent out

02/27/08-EAD Card received in mail

02/28/08-Applied for SS#

03/01/08-Received AOS Appt. Letter in Mail(No touches or emails on this case)

04/29/08-AOS Interview! Approved!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline
I see a pattern here somewhere. In LL's case through Liberia , his medical was " lost " according to that embassy...........it seemed they were

dragging it out for some unknown excuse. LL if you read this please post your thoughts, but didn't they stall somehow, basically approved him but then did a last minute home investigation and then it made sense as to why they stalled ?

In Zee's case there should be no excuse to stall and just say not enough letters so the visa can be issued later, none whatsoever.

I also often read about visa printing machines being " down" or they are "out of ink " or the printing guy " didn't make it to work"............

.........I wonder what lies behing those lame excuses with these consulates and what are they doing at the last minute after the interview, that they

come up with these crazy excuses.

It is really very frustrating.

Yes, that is right, Omoba. In my own case through Liberia...I sent a 7lb binder with a year worth of phone/text message records (pingo and T-mobile combined), a year worth of emails and yahoo messenger chats ( I grabbed a few from each month-even a few argument ones) and webcam photos, 20-30 photos, moneygram receipts to show that we had both sent money to each other occasionally, and every other piece of evidence....I even did a search in our own email boxes to show how many over all emails we had sent to each other.

Our interview turned out to be just like Zee's. Everything was fine, the CO laughed, and wanted to see phone records, chats, EVERYTHING. She ended up keeping the binder and telling my husband that everything was fine, but his medical was lost and he would be approved once they got the medical. She gave him another return date a month later to let us straighten out the medical issue. Well, the next week I get a call from the embassy asking me questions and telling me they were looking for my husband's current location because they were planning to do a field investigation. That passed and went very well...the return date came, they somehow magically found his "lost medical", returned my beloved 7lb binder, and told him to come back in 3 days for the visa.

Funny thing is that AFTER my husband arrived, we found out that the field investigator was a best friend my husband's uncle in New York. One day he called us and the guy who did our field investigation happened to be sitting next to him (he came to NY for a 2 month vacation) and he let me speak to him. Of course I grilled the heck out of him with questions about WHY we went through this extra one month delay yadda yadda. He reluctantly told me that they never lost his medical at all and it was an excuse to delay us in order to do the field investigation. He said the two reasons we were investigated were because:

1. We had scrambled to get all of our paperwork at the last minute because my husband's important documents( passport, birth certificate, Driver's license, etc...had all been left in a taxi accidentally one day) had gotten lost. I had even gotten a new job and my house deeds recently. He said that everything had recent dates and that made them suspicious so they wanted to verify the documents.

2. Basically, a continuation of number 1...we had sooo much evidence on top of having so many recent documents that it appeared that we were trying hard to cover "something" up so they wanted more time to go through each email and chat log for themselves.

He swore that those were the factors that lead to OUR investigation. At the same time, many other people who were going through Nigeria and Ghana were given excuses to come back again and again due to visa machine issues, etc. We all speculated, but we didn't have proof.

Sorry to swerve the topic into field investigations because I'm not trying to scare you. I'm not sure, but I don't think they are that common. In the end, I do believe more evidence is better than not enough and phone records still do carry some weight as supporting evidence. Many people have been told to come back with more phone records for not having enough of them so I wouldn't worry about using them. Sorry this is so long, but our case got kinda complicated in the month between the interview/visa... :blush:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

That is some very good information LovinLiberia. In our case, the CO returned everything but kept the pictures.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks for all the replies. That just STINKS that they purposely delay cases. Zee, I'm soo sorry that you have to wait until June. BUT, I'm sure you'll get it and the best things are worth waiting for!!!

I-129F

11/15/2007 = Package sent overnight Fedex to CSC

11/16/2007 = Package arrived at CSC

11/21/2007 = NOA1 (according to www.uscis.gov online case status)

11/26/2007 = Check cashed (YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!)

11/28/2007 = Touched

11/30/2007 = Rec'd NOA1 hard copy in the mail

12/20/2007 = Touched

12/21/2007 = Touched

03/12/2008 = Touched (due to phone call)

03/24/2008 = NOA2!!!!!!!!!

03/25/2008 = Touched

04/23/2008 = Touched

05/05/2008 = Arrived at Consulate

05/12/2008 = Picked up Packets 3 & 4

06/24/2008 = Interview Date and APPROVAL

07/02/2008 = Picked up Visa at Embassy

07/05/2008 = Arrival in the U.S.!!!!!!!!! Met at POE in ATLANTA

07/06/2008 = Fly back to Salt Lake City Together!!!!

08/06/2008 = MARRIED TODAY!!!

AOS & EAD

08/23/2008 = Package sent via USPS with Signature Confirmation

08/25/2008 = Package arrived in Chicago

08/26/2008 = Check cashed

09/02/2008 = NOA1 for EAD and AOS received in the mail.

4400355_bodyshot_300x400.gif4400923_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline
That is some very good information LovinLiberia. In our case, the CO returned everything but kept the pictures.

Thanks. Ugh, my typos are irking me. Another thing... if you two know that everything is genuine in your relationship, then just know that you will get that visa even if they try to delay you. In the end, they will have no choice but to see it for what it is and approve that visa. This whole process is one of the most stressful things any of us might go through, but it will all be worth it in the end.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.