• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The article does kind of address that.

"Sen. Obama does not think of the pastor of his church in political terms. Like a member of his family, there are things he says with which Sen. Obama deeply disagrees. But now that he is retired, that doesn't detract from Sen. Obama's affection for Rev. Wright or his appreciation for the good works he has done."

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I have to wonder why Obama didn't distance himself from this guy a long time ago.

I don't understand this concept. Do we only associate ourselves with people who think exactly like us? Obviously, they both share a love for God. I've been a member of Parish where the priest's homilies would make some people get up and walk out. My father, who is a deacon has preached, and after Mass, had people come up to him and tell him they liked what he said as well as some who told him they didn't like it at all. Anyone who's listened to a preacher knows that many times they'll say things that make the congression go, 'huh?'

I have to wonder why Obama didn't distance himself from this guy a long time ago.

I don't understand this concept. Do we only associate ourselves with people who think exactly like us? Obviously, they both share a love for God. I've been a member of Parish where the priest's homilies would make some people get up and walk out. My father, who is a deacon has preached, and after Mass, had people come up to him and tell him they liked what he said as well as some who told him they didn't like it at all. Anyone who's listened to a preacher knows that many times they'll say things that make the congression go, 'huh?'

Exactly - my own family members have some wacky ideas. It doesn't mean I believe it myself.

Still, this is going to be a problem for him.

90day.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The pastor has political views that make him a liability to Obama.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

This is an inappropriate posting and any freshman in college knows that guilt-by-association is a bad argument. And, by the way, Bill Clinton supported some of the onerous rules you guys are complaining about. And if you think the Republicans will ease immigration rules you're crazy! I suggest you get your information from more reputable sources (not the internet) and keep the politics off this site.

The problem is you only see what you choose. Excuses for ones faults are sooooo easy to come by. Perhaps it's a reflection of your own imperfections.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

The pastor has political views that make him a liability to Obama.

So maybe he should be 'taken out?'

My best friend is conservative and has Republican party political aspirations. Does that make me a liability to him? OR vice versa? We don't seem to think so.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
BTW dodgy is not a word. I can tell by the way the red line appears under it.

This is a gem worthy of the great Consolemaster himself! :jest:

"It's not the years; it's the mileage." Indiana Jones

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
any freshman in college knows that guilt-by-association is a bad argument.

Yup.

BTW dodgy is not a word. I can tell by the way the red line appears under it.

This is a gem worthy of the great Consolemaster himself! :jest:

:lol: Seriously... Its not a word, if its not in the spell-check. ;)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

i have a lot of faith in spellcheck, don't hate

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Yes. 20 years is a long time.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

while in the political field is not convenient to have people close to you with such strong opinions I don't see why would should he distance himself from him if he's a good friend-pastor-whatever.. I have friends with opinions way different to mine, sometimes even offensive to me, but I don't stop talking to them just because they have such extreme views...

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: Other Timeline

Hmmm.

Seems to me the whole reason for even raising this argument is why we have the separation of Church from State. The blurring of those lines was what steered some voters away from Huckabee.

If Obama were stating his pastors rhetoric, there'd be an issue here.

Otherwise I think the Pastor is within his rights.

After all - I didn't see him passing out any koolaid..............

Right to trash the nation and be racist against someone white. The issue is that if Hillary innocently sat next to someone who supports the KKK, they would have burned her on the stake for it; As they did with that Ferraro lady for speaking the truth and exercising her right.

Since Wrights hates the white man, America, Europe etc so much I have two questions for him.

1. Why doesn't he go back to wherever he came from? since the white man is so evil.

2. Why is it that every second person from that continent is dying to get into our countries? I bet there are millions of people who are willing to switch places with him, from Africa, and come live in America.

I am getting tired of that prevalent attitude by people of the black American community.

Edited by Boo-Yah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.