10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We just finished our interview in downtown L.A. this morning and here's our experience:

First of, it was for 7:30AM :wacko: So we were busy all night preparing all the documents and printing pictures, makeing copies etc. We arrived around 6:40AM and there's a line outside already. LINE ON THE RIGHT of the steps btw. There was some other line on the right. We got in around 7:30AM and turns out there were only a few people going to the same floor we are. We were the 3rd couple inside waiting.

We got called in by our interviewer about 10-15 minutes after we sat down. He was really serious looking guy. Didn't smile, was curt and formal, very serious and I was prepared for getting a hard time. After we swore an oath to tell the truth, he went through our file, asked just for these:

- my driver's license

- Joan's passport w/ I-94

- Joan's Employment Authorization card

- Any other picture ID Joan had

- I brought out my US Passport to prove Citizenship, though he never asked for it

He asked each one of us to state out names, aksed if we've been married before, if we have children, asked me for home phone number, and basic yes or no questions. Ex. You're here on fiance visa? You married before the 30 days were up? Nothing really tricky or trying to make us verify that we're doing this legally. Then he went through the questionnaire in the application and had Joan answer yes or no - the questionnaire being - Have you taken drugs, sell them, are you a terrorist, criminal, etc.

Then he asked for the following:

- a copy of our marriage license. They don't seem to have a copy in file

- bank statements, insurance statements, etc. Anything to prove we've lived together - mostly statements. We brought a load of junk mail just in case. He made copies of those.

That was it. Except he didn't say "You're approved" or anything. He just said he'll re-review the file later this afternoon and then decide then. But right now everything seems ok. He went on to explain the Conditional Residency status Joan's getting, how to remove it later, things do and not do that may get her deported. etc. He NEVER even asked to see pictures and we spent so much time trying to get an album together. Oh well.

TIPS:

- Do not bring your cell phone. A friend of mine was asked to walk all the way back to the parking lot to leave it in the car. You can't deposit it with them.

- You can bring snacks and water. Though the waiting room said you can't, we had it because Joan's pregnant and she needed crackers and water. I had the water bottle sticking out of my jacket pocket and no one said anything.

- Make copies of everything, just in case they need it. I mean everything - driver's license, passport, bank statements, insurance statements, even copies of some of your wedding pictures, EVERYTHING. We're lucky that our interviewer makes copies in case we forgot something. We've read how other places send you back out to make it yourself.

- Be organized. We bought one of those accordio folders in a box with handle. Labeled everything so when we were asked to pull something out, we didn't spend too much time riffling through papers to find it.

- Most of all- RELAX, you have nothing to hide.

QUESTION:

I was surprised by the Conditional Residency part. I wasn't expecting it. Did everyone get it too? I mean being married less than 2 years before the interview means EVERYONE right? It wasn't mentioned much in any of the discussions here. For those who don't know. You'll be given a 2 year conditional Green Card. This is to prevent false marriages to get green card. You will go for ANOTHER INTERVIEW at the end of that 2 years to get a new one(?) or have the condition removed.

Well, good luck to everyone else. We're still in the dark as to whether we should be celebrating or not yet. I wish he would've just said, you're approved or you'll be getting your green card soon. Now there's more waiting???!! :crying:

Arnold & Joan's Timeline

============ AOS Phase ========

05/28/07 - Applied for Joan's SSN - no problems - got it in mail a few days later

07/09/07 - Got Maui'd in Hawaii Wedding Photos

07/19/07 - Got vaccination for Joan (she didn't get it in Phil)

08/15/07 - Filed our AOS papers

10/--/07 - Found out we sent the papers to wrong office. We've called several times to get this clarified but all got is that we need to WAIT for our papers to be forwarded or returned to us.

10/--/07 - We got our papers back.... ngngngng and re-sent it to the right office

01/23/08 - Got our interview date

03/10/08 - INTERVIEW DONE!! Our Interview Experience

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for sharing your experience. Hope you'll get the good news soon! Congrats in advance!

AOS TIMELINE:

02.25.2008 Mailed AOS packet

03.04.2008 Check cashed

03.03.2008 NOA dates for I-485, EAD, AP

03.05.2008 Biometrics Appointment notice date

03.19.2008 Biometrics Appointment

03.22.2008 RFE for missing (2) I-864 pages :(

03.24.2008 RFE mailed back

03.31.2008 RFE received and case processing resumed

04.28.2008 AP approval notice (dated 04.25.08)

04.30.2008 EAD approved

05.02.2008 Received AP in mail

05.05.2008 Received EAD in mail

07.10.2008 Received Interview letter

08.15.2008 Interview: Approved

08.26.2008 Green Card received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Everyone who has been married less than 2 years when they are granted lawful permanent resident status will receive permanent resident status on a conditional basis. Within 90 days before the 2-year anniversary of when you became a permanent resident you must apply to remove the conditional status.

05-02-2004 Met in Östersund, Sweden
09-07-2007 Got married in Eden Gardens State Park, Santa Rosa Beach, FL

*************************************************************************************************

AOS

11-02-2007 - Filed

03-14-2008 - Green Card received

*************************************************************************************************

Lifting of Conditions

02-08-2010 - Filed

06-21-2010 - Green Card received

N-400

06-24-2017 - N-400 package sent via EFile

06-24-2017 - Payment received via credit card

07-01-2017 - Appointment notice received

07-19-2017 - Biometrics appointment in Atlanta, GA

08-04-2017 - Case updated. Interview scheduled. 

"Whither thou goest I will go, whither thou lodgest I will lodge,
Thy people shall be my people, And thy God my God." ~ Ruth 1:16

We just finished our interview in downtown L.A. this morning and here's our experience:

First of, it was for 7:30AM :wacko: So we were busy all night preparing all the documents and printing pictures, makeing copies etc. We arrived around 6:40AM and there's a line outside already. LINE ON THE RIGHT of the steps btw. There was some other line on the right. We got in around 7:30AM and turns out there were only a few people going to the same floor we are. We were the 3rd couple inside waiting.

We got called in by our interviewer about 10-15 minutes after we sat down. He was really serious looking guy. Didn't smile, was curt and formal, very serious and I was prepared for getting a hard time. After we swore an oath to tell the truth, he went through our file, asked just for these:

- my driver's license

- Joan's passport w/ I-94

- Joan's Employment Authorization card

- Any other picture ID Joan had

- I brought out my US Passport to prove Citizenship, though he never asked for it

He asked each one of us to state out names, aksed if we've been married before, if we have children, asked me for home phone number, and basic yes or no questions. Ex. You're here on fiance visa? Youmarried before the 30 days were up? Nothing really tricky or trying to make us verify that we're doing this legally. Then he went through the questionnaire in the application and had Joan answer yes or no - the questionnaire being - Have you taken drugs, sell them, are you a terrorist, criminal, etc.

Then he asked for the following:

- a copy of our marriage license. They don't seem to have a copy in file

- bank statements, insurance statements, etc. Anything to prove we've lived together - mostly statements. We brought a load of junk mail just in case. He made copies of those.

That was it. Except he didn't say "You're approved" or anything. He just said he'll re-review the file later this afternoon and then decide then. But right now everything seems ok. He went on to explain the Conditional Residency status Joan's getting, how to remove it later, things do and not do that may get her deported. etc. He NEVER even asked to see pictures and we spent so much time trying to get an album together. Oh well.

TIPS:

- Do not bring your cell phone. A friend of mine was asked to walk all the way back to the parking lot to leave it in the car. You can't deposit it with them.

- You can bring snacks and water. Though the waiting room said you can't, we had it because Joan's pregnant and she needed crackers and water. I had the water bottle sticking out of my jacket pocket and no one said anything.

- Make copies of everything, just in case they need it. I mean everything - driver's license, passport, bank statements, insurance statements, even copies of some of your wedding pictures, EVERYTHING. We're lucky that our interviewer makes copies in case we forgot something. We've read how other places send you back out to make it yourself.

- Be organized. We bought one of those accordio folders in a box with handle. Labeled everything so when we were asked to pull something out, we didn't spend too much time riffling through papers to find it.

- Most of all- RELAX, you have nothing to hide.

QUESTION:

I was surprised by the Conditional Residency part. I wasn't expecting it. Did everyone get it too? I mean being married less than 2 years before the interview means EVERYONE right? It wasn't mentioned much in any of the discussions here. For those who don't know. You'll be given a 2 year conditional Green Card. This is to prevent false marriages to get green card. You will go for ANOTHER INTERVIEW at the end of that 2 years to get a new one(?) or have the condition removed.

Well, good luck to everyone else. We're still in the dark as to whether we should be celebrating or not yet. I wish he would've just said, you're approved or you'll be getting your green card soon. Now there's more waiting???!! :crying:

Thanks for sharing your interview experience :)

The Conditional Residency or 2 year conditional greencard is being mention or discuss during a CFO seminar. And before the end of that 2 years you need to remove the condition and go to another process again. Proofs need to be file and send again including a copy of your greencard.

Hope you get the good news by now! ;)

AOS Journey

01/18/08 - Mailed AOS packet to Chi-town

02/05/08 - Received Notice for Biometrics

02/23/08 - Received Notice for Interview (AOS)

02/26/08 - Scheduled Biometrics Done!

03/11/08 - Received Notice of Approval (AP)

03/13/08 - Card production ordered (EAD) Gee! Thanks a lot!!

03/21/08 - Approval Notice sent (EAD) Yahoo!!

03/24/08 - Touched & received EAD card today!! Yipee!!

03/25/08 - Scheduled Interview (AOS) Approved! Thankful!!

03/26/08 - Notice mailed welcoming as new permanent resident

03/28/08 - Card production ordered!! Wow!!!

03/31/08 - Received welcome letter.. Nice!

04/04/08 - Received green card through mail! Truly great! Mahalo nui loa!!

4589670_bodyshot_175x233_1205147893574.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank you so much for sharing your experience!! If all goes well, we'll also have our interview in L.A. as well.

|| Adjustment of Status ||

01.09.09 :: Interview passed and conditional GC granted

11.17.08 :: Appointment Notice for Interview on 01.09.09

06.09.08 :: EAD received

06.06.08 :: AP received

06.02.08 :: EAD touched; card production ordered

05.30.08 :: AP touched

05.08.08 :: Biometrics appointment; AOS and EAD touched

04.28.08 :: Appointment Notice for Biometrics on 05.08.08

04.22.08 :: NOA1 receipt confirmation (AOS, AP, EAD)

04.21.08 :: Application fee processed

03.09.08 :: Application received by USCIS

03.07.08 :: Submitted I-485 Adjustment of Status (incl AP, EAD)

|| K1 Fiance Visa ||

12.01.07 :: Marriage date

09.29.07 :: Entered U.S. via San Ysidro POE

09.21.07 :: Cena de Compramisos - officially proposed

09.04.07 :: CDJ interview - visa granted (full report)

09.03.07 :: CDJ medical exam taken

08.11.07 :: CDJ packet received by beneficiary

07.15.07 :: CDJ packet received by petitioner

06.20.07 :: NOA2 petition approval

06.19.07 :: Touched

06.14.07 :: Touched - CSC confirmed receipt of RFE response

06.06.07 :: RFE received by CSC

05.30.07 :: RFE replied

05.28.07 :: RFE received

05.21.07 :: Touched

03.09.07 :: NOA1 receipt confirmation

03.07.07 :: Application fee processed

03.06.07 :: Application received by CSC

02.28.07 :: Submitted I-129F Petition for Fiance Visa

05.17.05 :: Registered on VisaJourney.com

12.21.04 :: She hit on me first ... really... I swear

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Thank you for sharing

July 19------------Send the I-129F

July 26------------Recieved

December 7th----NOA2 online

December 14-----NOA2 Hard Copy

December 21-----NVC recieved

December 28-----NVC send to US embassy in Ethiopia

January 8---------US embassy in Ethiopia will recieve

January 11--------Packet 3

February 7 -------Interview

February 7 -------Passed interview

February 12------VISA in hand

February 22------IN the USA

March 1-----------Wedding

March 15----------Sent AOS

July 7 -------------Finger Print

January 27, 2009--Green card approved without interview. It took almost one year though.

Feb 2 -------------Got the green card in the mail

Next: playing the waiting game for the 2 years holding removal

omg_wtf.jpg

congratulations!!! :dance::dance:

Hope u got ur greencard soon...thanks for sharing!

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE

May 16, 2011~ mailed N-400

May 20, 2011~ received NOA1

May 31, 2011~ Biometrics letter received sked June 1st

June 01,2011~ Biometrics appt. DONE!

June 23, 2011~ email notification scheduled for Testing and Interview

June 27, 2011~ received interview letter by mail

Aug 01, 2011~ interview at Atlanta GA, PASSED!

Aug 05, 2011~ Oath taking at 1pm

ROC TIMELINE

Nov. 30, 2009~mailed I-751 (VSC)

Dec. 03, 2009~Extension letter and NOA1 received

Jan. 04, 2010~ Biometrics at Metairie, LA

March 10, 2010~ approved!

March 13, 2010~ approval notice sent

March 15, 2010~ received approval letter and GC in mail!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.