Eric-Pris

Application forwarded from NVC to Embassies

83 posts in this topic

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everybody,

A quick question: What do you need a case number from NVC for? We have just received our NOA2 that has been approved on february 29th. I called NVC to know if they had received our case, and they told me that they even sent the package to US Embassy in Paris on march the 10th. However, they are supposed to send us a notification by mail, but nothing yet. How long does it usually take to receive this notification from NVC??

The person there on the phone gave me a number of 10 numbers, I think it is maybe the unique number for my case, but I couldn't figure out how to use this number, as the connection was very bad.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot!

A bientôt!!

Faustine

K1 journey:

I129F sent mid-october 2007

I129F received by CSV: 10/19/07

NOA1 received early March and NOA2 received on March 19th!! We got APPROVED!!

File received by NVC and sent to US Embassy in Paris: 03/10/2008

05/06/2008: I sent the packet 3 to the embassy.

05/22/2008: Packet 4 received!

06/10/2008: Medical examination in Paris.

06/17/2008: INTERVIEW: Visa approved!!

08/31/2008: WEDDING

AOS journey:

09/05/2008: AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago

09/11/2008: Notice date for I-485, I-131 and I-765

10/16/2008: SSA finally gave me a SSN!!

11/17/2008: AP received and EAD approved!

11/20/2008: Biometrics appointment AND Green card interview in Fairbanks.

12/29/2008: I went to my local office to regive my biometrics. And my EAD card has finally been issued!!

01/12/2009: EAD received!! Finally

02/09/2009: GC received in the mail :) Anniversary is 01/29/11

Removal of conditions:

11/09/10: Divorced

11/18/10: Sent I-751 to CSV

11/30/10: Receipt notice received in the mail

12/30/10: Called USCIS as no news for 1 month after NOA1

1/10/11: Emailed from USCIS about my call: "The process for fingerprint appointment scheduling has been requested."

1/13/11: NOA2 ASC appointment notice

2/3/11: Biometrics at local office (NOA2 recieved on 2/2/11!!!)

2/16/11: Date of decision: APPROVED

2/24/11: Card in hand

What do you need a case number from NVC for? We have just received our NOA2 that has been approved on february 29th. I called NVC to know if they had received our case, and they told me that they even sent the package to US Embassy in Paris on march the 10th. However, they are supposed to send us a notification by mail, but nothing yet. How long does it usually take to receive this notification from NVC??

The person there on the phone gave me a number of 10 numbers, I think it is maybe the unique number for my case, but I couldn't figure out how to use this number, as the connection was very bad.

Can anyone help me?

You really don't need the NVC case number after it leaves the NVC. Your NVC case number is 3 letters and 10 numbers.

Once it's going to or arrived at the embassy, you won't need that number. The embassy will send you packet 3 (or some embassies ask you to pick it up in person) when they have received and processed your case.

Packet 3 will have instructions on what to do next, inlcuding some forms the beneficiary has to complete.

However, they are supposed to send us a notification by mail, but nothing yet. How long does it usually take to receive this notification from NVC??

The notification comes by regular mail, so it can take up to 7-10 days to get to you. I received ours when the case was alreday at the embassy. You don't need the notification letter either, all it gives you is your case number and tells you that they will be sending the case to your embassy in (your country) .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

YAY!! Our case was forwarded today to the colombian embassy!! I guess I just have to wait now to see if there is a packet tomorrow or if todays packet that was sent is it!! Yay!!

10/17/07...Lawyer sent overnight to USCIS...
07/17/08...VISA RECEIVED!
POE LAX 07/25/2008
Civil wedding...8/1/08

AOS
08/25/08...NOA1
09/23/08...Biometrics
11/10/08...EAD and AP approved!
12/27/08...Appointment letter received
02/20/09...Appointment at local Santa Ana office
02/28/09...GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!!

REMOVE CONDITIONS
12/01/2010...Mailed I-751 for removal of conditions.
12/02/2010...NOA1
01/19/2011...Biometrics
03/10/2011...Card Production ordered!! Approval 10 Year Green Card!
**/**/****....card received

Naturalization Process

05/04/2013 application submitted

05/25/2013 biometrics done

06/25/2013 Noa received

07/29/2013 Naturalization Interview

08/21/2013 Oath Ceremony

Son was born 08/30/2013

.png

YAY!! Our case was forwarded today to the colombian embassy!! I guess I just have to wait now to see if there is a packet tomorrow or if todays packet that was sent is it!! Yay!

There was a case to Bogota today too. Call NVC and they should be able to tell you exactly what day it was shipped.

LIST OF CASES SHIPPED FROM NVC TO EMBASSIES FOR 3/26/08:

SEE ATTACHMENT BELOW:

Edited by kid brooklyn

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Kid brooklyn;

You are phenominal!!! :dancing::dancing: Thnaks for this very informative thread and the hard work you must have put into it. A couple of questions for you if you don't mind :star:

How would one know if their case ws in one of those packages?

For example my case was completed on 3/3/08 and I was assigned an interview date on 3/25/08 for interview date of 5/6/08. How soon after the interview date is schedule would one estimate that the package was shipped?

The next question I have is how soon after the interview date is assigned does the letter get mailed and received?

Just trying to get a handle on things so my SO can get his vaccination and schedule his medical with enough time to get them completed before the interview.

If you have any idea, your thoughts about this would be greatly and highly appreciated.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.